PDA

View Full Version : Tire Question: What to Expect with Michelin Pilot Road 2s

Vertigo
10-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey guys,

I'm currently running a set of Bridgestone Battlax (180/55-17 rear)

What should I be expecting out of the Michelin Pilot Road 2s in the same size?

I know that the Pilots use a duel compound in their tire and Bridgestone is saying they have a 5 compund in the rear. Can someone help me cut through the hype?

Thanks!

Jeremy
10-20-2009, 09:58 AM
I have the Road 2s on my Multi. So far I think they are a great tire. :thumbup: I expect to get 6K-8K miles out of them as well.

Habanero
10-20-2009, 10:06 AM
I have the Road 2s on my Multi. So far I think they are a great tire. :thumbup: I expect to get 6K-8K miles out of them as well.

I'm running my first set on my Multi, I like them, too. I'd love to see 6-8k out of them, that is twice as much as I get from other tires.

Jeremy
10-20-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm running my first set on my Multi, I like them, too. I'd love to see 6-8k out of them, that is twice as much as I get from other tires.

I got about 8K out of my regular Roads...still tread left, but squared off. A LOT of those miles were commuting on I-5 though. You seem to be harder on tires than me as well. :)

Lotus54
10-20-2009, 10:13 AM
I like them so far.
I'm well on the way to getting at least 8k (if not more) out of the rear.

I don't ride that fast, but I like the feel in the corners.
Some of the fast guys here could give a better idea of pushing it.

I'll push them a bit at lower speeds- but my personal comfort over 80-90mph isn't that great.

Mark

KyuzoDaimyo
10-20-2009, 11:00 AM
I have pilot road 2s on my strada as well. So far they are wonderful, and they are the best wet weather tire I have ever had.

My last tires were pilot power 2s, and they lasted nearly 9K miles.

martys
10-20-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm on my second pair on my ST3s, very nice ride, even wearing, good grip in all conditions. I had about 6000 miles on mine when I changed them out and there was still a fair amount of tread left, I changed them because I was going on a trip and didn't want to chance needing a new tire far from home, but if I was just commuting I would have left them on another 1000-2000 miles.