PDA

View Full Version : Please don't post race-results

flyingducman
04-03-2005, 10:40 AM
With today's races not televised until Tuesday, I'm hoping to watch them not knowing who won (I'm sure other's would like this as well).

If you find out who won today's races, please don't post it until after the races are televised. You can always discuss it privately if necessary.

Thanks.

Torben
04-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Anyone watch the races yet?
Thoughts?

TDAdams
04-05-2005, 09:54 PM
I think Corser versus Mladin on identical Suzukis would be an awesome race to see. I think Toseland needs to chalk up this weekend to Bad JuJu and look forward. No choice. :D

Bong
04-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Corser looks like he's making up for lost time while at Foggy Petronas. Mladin vs Corser would be a great match. Our boys better buck up and get their collective butts in gear fast! :mad:

Torben
04-06-2005, 09:34 AM
Yeah Corser ran a great pair of races - which is great for him and his team. Our boys had such a sad showing, with good old #1 crashing out on the second race during the restart.

Honestly I was more impressed with the supersport race that was broadcast later in the day. Truly a testament to rider skill for a guy who bobbled off the start line, was last by 3 seconds at the start and went on to win by 4 seconds :D

flyingducman
04-06-2005, 10:22 AM
The damn rain cost Laconi a second place podium spot (unless something unexpected had happened) in the second race.

After watching at least five riders crash-out (imagine the collective cost to the teams) due to the rain re-start, which was still on wet pavement, I think there should be a rule that prevents the races from being run on anything besides dry pavement. Bikes just aren't designed to be pushed on wet pavement. These guys are pros and still at least five went down. It's just too dangerous, and costly. The officials should have let the track dry-out more before re=starting the race. Laconi would have probably finished second since he too was a victim of the rain, although he was able to re-start and finish 7th.

Laconi is looking like our man in WSB.

I wish the 749's were more competitive in the Super Sport class. Any thoughts/ideas as to why they aren't at the front-of-the-pack???

Nathan Reynolds
04-06-2005, 10:33 AM
While I'm never in favor of anyone getting hurt...and watching a bike get wadded makes my nether regions hurt, I'm proud of the fact our sport doesn't stop when the rains come. I've often scoffed at the baseball players who run to the dugout when they feel a sprinkle. Its not as if they run 120mph around the bases!! :evilgrin3

Bong
04-06-2005, 12:21 PM
I agree that racing should stop when the rains come...in the US tracks. Most European tracks are designed to be able to run in the rain, although a few years back there were rivers running through the track at Phillip Island :scared10: