PDA

View Full Version : converted another

Dave R
02-13-2010, 11:53 PM
We have been talking to a PNWRider by the name of Cyndy for a few weeks about a new Monster 696 as a replacement for her EX500 Ninja.. well as fate some times happens, we stumbled upon a very lightly used 696 in her color (red, scarce right now) that she jumped on! Here is her story over on PNW, if anyone feels so inclined you should invite her to come visit DNW !

http://pnwriders.com/rides/124188-my-monster.html

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af160/cyndypr/mymonster.jpg

kurtfriedrich
02-14-2010, 12:08 AM
Good job, I'd like to see more women in the group.

I PM'ed her with our URL and told her to come on over.

Kurt

kurtfriedrich
02-15-2010, 09:22 PM
hey mods, Cyndy is waiting to be let in.

Jeremy
02-16-2010, 10:21 AM
hey mods, Cyndy is waiting to be let in.

She's good to go

TCS
02-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Great to have another red 696 in the mix!

Cyndy
02-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Yay!! My account was approved! Whew!

I'll work on getting a proper profile created, in the meantime, I just wanted to say Hello.

Mark
02-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Yay!! My account was approved! Whew!

I'll work on getting a proper profile created, in the meantime, I just wanted to say Hello.

Wow, 1st post! Welcome to the madness:thumbup:.

Next order of business is for you to get all geared up, get a trailer, then a nice used track bike and then a KTM for the dirt. What else? You'll be needing a bike for when we re-instate Spring Ride, probably a BMW would suit you nicely for that.

Not to worry, Spring is still a few weeks away so you have time:)

And just so you know, we're using a new mathematical formula around here so we'll be figuring out your years riding to bikes owned ratio soon.

Lotus54
02-16-2010, 12:15 PM

Next order of business is for you to get all geared up, get a trailer, then a nice used track bike and then a KTM for the dirt. What else, you'll need a bike for when we re-instate Spring Ride, probably a BMW would suit you nicely for that.

I think a Multi 1200 would be better for Spring Ride:rolleyes:

BTW Cyndy you'll find we are VERY good at spending other people's money around here.

Mark

kurtfriedrich
02-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Don't worry Cyndy, all the people here are really great people, except for the ones that own ducati's! :happy44:

Cyndy
02-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the welcomes!! I'm looking forward to meeting and riding with you all!

As far as spending my money goes, Dave R has all of it now so I may need a couple more months to recover!! :p I like the suggestions though!

Dr. Duc
02-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the welcomes!! I'm looking forward to meeting and riding with you all!... :p I like the suggestions though!

You say that now. Let's see how you're feeling about all of us after a few months of relentlessly trying to drag you into our addiction/obsessions/etc...:happy57:

Mitch
02-16-2010, 02:16 PM
BTW Cyndy you'll find we are VERY good at spending other people's money around here.

Mark
:lmao:

Ain't that the truth!

Welcome! :happycheers:

Bong
02-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Welcome to DNW Cyndy - and congratulations on your first duc!!!! :cool2:

richmeyer
02-16-2010, 03:13 PM

Next order of business is for you to get all geared up, get a trailer, then a nice used track bike and then a KTM for the dirt. What else, you'll need a bike for when we re-instate Spring Ride, probably a BMW would suit you nicely for that.

And just so you know, we're using a new mathematical formula around here so we'll be figuring out your years riding to bikes owned ratio soon.

Boy oh boy, that sounds like a familiar path...

Cyndy
02-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Haha! You guys are crazy! I think my obsession is burning strong already... I was on the phone with my mom over the weekend telling her about having breakfast at the Duvall Grill, but instead of saying Duvall Grill, I said Ducati Grill... ??????:happy44:

molamphy
02-16-2010, 04:13 PM

Multi will work for long rides, too.
Welcome, Cyndy. Just so you know... Mark is a bad influence, Greg will lead you astray, Bong will help spend your money, Aaron will incite hooliganism and Sonny Riggs is evil.

Terrific group on here that are extremely helpful (in a good way).

rb_duc
02-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Haha! You guys are crazy!

...that's a fact....
Welcome and have fun!

Cyndy
02-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Multi will work for long rides, too.
Welcome, Cyndy. Just so you know... Mark is a bad influence, Greg will lead you astray, Bong will help spend your money, Aaron will incite hooliganism and Sonny Riggs is evil.

Terrific group on here that are extremely helpful (in a good way).

All good information to have! :)

Thanks again everyone. It's nice to see a grouping of quality people with shared interests!

We've got some good weather headed our way this week and I plan on taking advantage of it... Hope to see you all out there!

glendmcc
02-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Welcome Cyndy! It's nice over here in DNW world... Here the guys try to get you racing and buying stuff instead of getting a date like them other kiddos on those silly pnwforums...although I can't really say which one is worse, or more traumatic!

Cyndy
02-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Welcome Cyndy! It's nice over here in DNW world... Here the guys try to get you racing and buying stuff instead of getting a date like them other kiddos on those silly pnwforums...although I can't really say which one is worse, or more traumatic!

Nice... The track is very appealing at the moment!

Scottsst
02-16-2010, 09:52 PM
welcom to the club Cyndy! I will be running around down your way on Saturday I think I hope to see you out and about.

Rob C
02-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Glad to see you onboard with DNW Cyndy. That 696 looks like a sweet ride. I look forward to meeting you. Make sure you stop by Duc Seattle's Saturday BBQ's; it's a great place to see other bikes and meet people. Don't believe any thing you hear from these guys and only half of what you see.

Cheers

Rob_C

geoffreyrossi
02-16-2010, 11:06 PM
welcome aboard - cool bike!

AK Duc
02-17-2010, 01:10 AM
Hello, welcome, and congrats on your lovely new bike!

Have fun, Mark H.

Squirley
02-17-2010, 06:12 AM
Hi Cindy,

Very nice 696, a great bike to be sure! You'll love it! Hope to see you and other ladies at some of the BBQs at SD, doesn't seem to be many of us....:jumping41:jumping41:jumping41

Cyndy
02-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks again everyone for the welcome messages!! I haven't figured out the multi-quote function yet, so until I do, please bear with me...

I definitely plan on attending Duc/Sea's BBQs. I've been there the last two times, but couldn't stick around long enough last weekend to be social. That was the day I brought my bike home... :)

ericz
02-17-2010, 05:09 PM
The track is very appealing at the moment!

Already corrupted!!! :happy44::happy44::happy44: Welcome Cyndy, you are one of us now!!!!

kurtfriedrich
02-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Thanks again everyone for the welcome messages!! I haven't figured out the multi-quote function yet, so until I do, please bear with me...

I definitely plan on attending Duc/Sea's BBQs. I've been there the last two times, but couldn't stick around long enough last weekend to be social. That was the day I brought my bike home... :)

for multi quote, do one, select and cut the quote part, close the window, open the other post, do the quote option and then paste in the 1st quote.

if you want to do more than 2, then you need to paste them in notepad or someplace, until you have them all, and then cut and past the whole bunch into your reply.

Kurt

Cyndy
02-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Thanks Kurt!

Eric,

Absolutely corrupted... I rode this afternoon, have a ride planned Friday afternoon, up to Deception Pass on Saturday, and will be out/north of Monroe on Sunday! ((I already scheduled my 600-mile maintenance for next week...))

Rich Quarre
02-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Welcome, Cindy. Nice Monster!

Cyndy
02-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Welcome, Cindy. Nice Monster!

Thanks Rich! Happy to be here...

dwnhillskater
02-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Great color choice and awesome bike! Loved the demo I rode at DucSea. You bought from the best Ducati dealership! Hope to see you at the BBQ's or Thursday Night Bike night when they start back up.

Welcome to the Club!

Cyndy
02-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Great color choice and awesome bike! Loved the demo I rode at DucSea. You bought from the best Ducati dealership! Hope to see you at the BBQ's or Thursday Night Bike night when they start back up.

Welcome to the Club!

Thanks! Yeah, at first I thought I wanted black but the red is just so striking... I'm glad to hear endorsements from other riders on the M696; it helps me feel like I made the right decision.

Looking forward to the Thursday bike nights!

crfracer96
02-19-2010, 08:36 PM
dont know why you would question ever getting a duc... its like a rite of passage to true bikers.... if you ever get negative words on your decision, i would wager it will be from someone who either cant or hasnt stepped up and gotten thier own...... it truely is a different group of people you meet on duc's, i doubt many of the desmo nw riders out there worry bout toe nail polish though, great having ladies who throw a leg over... i cant get my wife of just 6 months into her own street bike, she is happy on the back of mine, so im working her into it with a quad and a dirtbike...

see you out there.....

Cyndy
02-19-2010, 08:50 PM
dont know why you would question ever getting a duc... its like a rite of passage to true bikers.... if you ever get negative words on your decision, i would wager it will be from someone who either cant or hasnt stepped up and gotten thier own...... it truely is a different group of people you meet on duc's, i doubt many of the desmo nw riders out there worry bout toe nail polish though, great having ladies who throw a leg over... i cant get my wife of just 6 months into her own street bike, she is happy on the back of mine, so im working her into it with a quad and a dirtbike...

see you out there.....

Totally! No, I don't doubt I made THE right choice at all, but admittedly, I'm not very knowledgeable about motorcycles... So, to hear positive things from you guys only serves to boost my confidence in that decision. Did that make sense?? I can already see the difference in the Ducati community and I'm very pleased with that.

Like your wife, I enjoy riding on the back sometimes too. It's a low-pressure way to enjoy the ride, but I wouldn't be happy if I didn't have my own! She may come around... What intimidated me the most when I first started was being out in traffic all by myself; you have to think about so many different things and can easily become task-loaded, especially with the pressure of cars all around you.

Oh, and yeah, I couldn't care less about toenail polish!! Hahahah!

Dave R
02-20-2010, 05:58 PM
hey admin's please let "speedyg" join in the fun!
Neil just picked up his new 1198S !

Cyndy
03-20-2010, 02:35 PM
This weekend marks almost five weeks since I brought my Monster home and with my ride today, I hit 1,000 miles (1,034 to be exact). I had my Ninja for six or seven months and put 2400 miles on it... I feel like in the last month I've really begun to learn how to ride and I credit my bike for teaching me. Still in love, having a blast, and if I didn't have to be somewhere in 30 minutes, I'd still be out riding!! :happy57:

Shirley, it was great meeting you and your husband at the BBQ today. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. I was looking for you guys but I think I went out one door and you must have gone in another...

Dave, Eric, and Sonny, as always, it was good to see you guys! :)

ducmons
03-20-2010, 06:11 PM
This weekend marks almost five weeks since I brought my Monster home and with my ride today, I hit 1,000 miles (1,034 to be exact). I had my Ninja for six or seven months and put 2400 miles on it... I feel like in the last month I've really begun to learn how to ride and I credit my bike for teaching me. Still in love, having a blast, and if I didn't have to be somewhere in 30 minutes, I'd still be out riding!! :happy57:

Shirley, it was great meeting you and your husband at the BBQ today. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. I was looking for you guys but I think I went out one door and you must have gone in another...

Dave, Eric, and Sonny, as always, it was good to see you guys! :)

AWESOME! :thumbup::thumbup: The more you get to know the bike, the more you're going to love it!

Squirley
03-21-2010, 11:12 AM
It was great to meet everyone, Dave's a great host. None of the guys made me feel stupid for asking questions that I'm sure embarrassed my husband. A nice guy (Marty?) explained that his gears shift down in stead of up. Duh, totally out of my depth but now know a little more.
My husband was drooling over the two consignment bikes out front....

The food was great, it was nice to meet Cindy, the other ladies and the guys. I forget names the second I hear them....

We hope to see you all next weekend...:bowdown:

martys
03-21-2010, 11:31 AM
It was great to meet everyone, Dave's a great host. None of the guys made me feel stupid for asking questions that I'm sure embarrassed my husband. A nice guy (Marty?) explained that his gears shift down in stead of up. Duh, totally out of my depth but now know a little more.
My husband was drooling over the two consignment bikes out front....

The food was great, it was nice to meet Cindy, the other ladies and the guys. I forget names the second I hear them....

We hope to see you all next weekend...:bowdown:
nice meeting you as well!

I started using GP or reverse shifting when I was doing track days a couple of years ago. it felt so much more natural that I've kept using it ever since.

gear shift configuration really comes down to personal preference. the trick is, if you have more than one bike, try to configure them all the same or you will find yourself shifting the wrong direction occasionally, especially if you're absent minded like I am. :happy57:

Wyckedan
03-21-2010, 11:42 AM
My first bike was a 73 Norton Commando 850 with british standard shift pattern, gp on the right side of bike. Talk about backwards!

Squirley
03-21-2010, 03:54 PM
LOL, if I had two bikes that shifted different, I'd be a mess, I'm a klutz...you'll see.

We were talking about track days, I'm taking Dave's advice and sending my insurance company the brochures...underwriter said certified/accredited school was covered....that would need to be in writing of course...also, after talking w other Monsters owners and remembering how forgiving my 696 was, I was pushing my limits on the way home in turns...I did well but didn't get crazy

martys
03-21-2010, 04:58 PM
LOL, if I had two bikes that shifted different, I'd be a mess, I'm a klutz...you'll see.

We were talking about track days, I'm taking Dave's advice and sending my insurance company the brochures...underwriter said certified/accredited school was covered....that would need to be in writing of course...also, after talking w other Monsters owners and remembering how forgiving my 696 was, I was pushing my limits on the way home in turns...I did well but didn't get crazy
The 2-Fast School 100 level is a good start for learning what that monster can really do. also consider the Lee Parks Total Control class given by Puget Sound Safety. It breaks down the mechanics and puts them all back together again for you.

Just have fun and ride within your limits.