PDA

View Full Version : spokane trackday aftermath.....

DRS
04-25-2005, 11:07 AM
remember to check your tire pressure boys and girls, stupid mistakes like this are very costly...... and don't presume you can get one more trackday out of those tires, if you're questioning it, put your new set on......

CAUSE:
cold worn tires,
40 psi front and rear(HAD to be atmospheric pressure). :confused:
off camber corner exit.(outer 2/3)

EFFECT:
one big slide and a bunch of tumbles through the rocky spokane terrain off of turn 2 exit.....
broken left clipon.
ground left slider.
ground left vortex peg.
shattered windshield.
broken fairing stay (left side).
rashed/dented ti exhaust. big ouchie!!!!!!
broken subframe.
rashed tail section (left and right).
rashed/broken nose section (left only).
rashed upper body (left only).
dented/rashed tank (left only)

bruised ego(left side, right side, top, and bottom)
bruised ribs (left side). (just guessing, they don't feel broken. and yes, again)
fuxored right hand. (no breaks, just very swolen)

:mad:

91aztec
04-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Sorry to hear about the spill. I was contemplating on a new set of tires before my first track day (May 18th). You just made up my mind for me.

Good luck on your repairs

DJS
04-25-2005, 11:20 AM
Oh man, how many days were you trying to squeeze out of a set? Glad you walked away with just minor hematomas. Are you trying to make it this weekend? Hey...didn't you have a pretty bad get off last year too?

DRS
04-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Oh man, how many days were you trying to squeeze out of a set? Glad you walked away with just minor hematomas. Are you trying to make it this weekend? Hey...didn't you have a pretty bad get off last year too?

that would've been my 3rd trackday on that set of tires 208 GPA's..... but i burned them up pretty bad last month down at buttonwillow :mad: i had a brand new set of slicks mounted and ready to go and should've put them on. kicking myself now.. stupid..... i wasn't using my warmers either..... :mad:

another rider hit me in september at the seattle 100. (broken shoulder)

i'm gonna try to make it out there this weekend. should have a subframe by thurs.. everything else is already fixed. now i just need the swelling to go down in my throttle hand... if it's questionable i may be out there on my supermoto.

Bong
04-25-2005, 12:47 PM
That sucks Danny!! Were you on the 600? I know that turn well, had the rear end come out under power going up the hill - very nerve racking at that kind of speed. Were you racing or just doing a trackday?

DRS
04-25-2005, 12:52 PM
That sucks Danny!! Were you on the 600? I know that turn well, had the rear end come out under power going up the hill - very nerve racking at that kind of speed. Were you racing or just doing a trackday?

just a trackday on the 600..... it'll be back together this weekend.. just pissed at myself for not using my brain.. :mad: and was on the outer 2/3 of the exit, it goes slightly off camber if you're outside the crack.. went into a drift and then both the front and rear tucked... super slowmotion lowside but i was truckin through there so it took me for a ride through the dirt/rocks... :mad:

Bong
04-25-2005, 12:59 PM
I watched my cousin do the superman routine after going off in the same spot. That corner gets dicey once you start going towards the edge. Glad to hear you'll make it next weekend! What day(s) are you going to be there?

DRS
04-25-2005, 01:14 PM
I watched my cousin do the superman routine after going off in the same spot. That corner gets dicey once you start going towards the edge. Glad to hear you'll make it next weekend! What day(s) are you going to be there?

yup, if you're cookin along you gotta double apex it and get back to and hold that inside line through the exit..... or else... well, you know....

gonna try to do saturday... if my hand is still bothering me i might just go out sunday on the supermoto.

lindsay
04-25-2005, 01:40 PM
dang danny, that sucks!!! sorry to hear about the wreck but glad you're (relatively) OK.

was it a 2fast day?

lindsay

DRS
04-25-2005, 02:27 PM
dang danny, that sucks!!! sorry to hear about the wreck but glad you're (relatively) OK.

was it a 2fast day?

lindsay

thanks...

is was a cyclebarn(CBSBC) trackday. i'd be in trouble if it was a 2-fast day.. :eek:

kamran
04-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Sorry to hear that... but glad you are seemingly ok?

Another check that would be good is the chain slack. I've seen it do a lot of damage if too tight or too loose.

Best wishes with your speedy recovery...

BOJUK
04-25-2005, 04:54 PM
They really should fix the run off on Turn 2 and just make it flat. Take the berm out! That's what causes major damage you if you go off track. Of course, don't go off track in the first place and take it reaaaaally slow on that corner. Bong, did you say Superman?

DRS
04-26-2005, 09:28 AM
check the leathers.... the left arm was rashed already but the slide opened it up the rest of the way.. yikes..... gear did it's job.

:happy57:

Bong
04-26-2005, 09:30 AM
Do you have another set of leathers for this weekend?

DRS
04-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Do you have another set of leathers for this weekend?

nope, sold my other set after my getoff in sept. but i doubt i'll be able to ride anyway... my right hand is fuxored. :mad:

lindsay
04-26-2005, 05:21 PM
nope, sold my other set after my getoff in sept. but i doubt i'll be able to ride anyway... my right hand is fuxored. :mad:

danny -- if you can ride this weekend and need a set of leathers let me know -- i have an extra set, size euro 56.

lindsay

lll0228
04-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Danny, that sucks! Hope you have a speedy recovery, see you on Saturday...or Sunday, I don't know yet.

DRS
04-27-2005, 09:48 AM
danny -- if you can ride this weekend and need a set of leathers let me know -- i have an extra set, size euro 56.

lindsay

thanks lindsay, i'm bringing my bike down on saturday but still not sure if i'll be able to ride. and my leathers should be repaired before then, i'm taking them in today... but thanks a lot for the offer... :happy36:

thanks all.....

Torben
04-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Danny I think we need to start calling you Mr Getoff :happy57:
Glad you're ok for the most part!

DRS
04-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Danny I think we need to start calling you Mr Getoff :happy57:
Glad you're ok for the most part!

:mad: hey, that's only my third getoff in 13 years of riding; that's not bad. granted, 2 of them came in the last six months, oh well... :happy57: ouch, my ribs hurt....