PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for brake pads 06 Monster 800

Suncountry
06-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Well the ORP post got me thinking about getting some training at the track. So I started looking over the bike I got this spring (should have looked at it closer after brining it home). My rear pads a very thin:eek:, fronts are better but not a hole lot. What is a good pad for street use with may be a little track time?
Don't think I can afford track time this summer, my daughter's college is sucking up my extra cash right now. Need to help her find a place in Bellingham this late July too.

Thanks

sda8779
06-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Galfer/EBC Kevlar/Organic Front Brake Pads - $34.95-$57.00 for 1 set of pads. Adjust quantity - 2 sets needed for dual-rotor bikes.

Galfer Brake Pads are reliable, provide feel without fading, require minimal bed in time, and are easy on the rotor due to their kevlar/organic design. The OEM sintered-metal brake pads are very hard on rotors. If you have wear lines on your rotors, the cause is grit and/or the OEM brake pads. These kevlar/organic pads are the best you can get for street or track use. Indicate year and model of bike when ordering.

From Desmotimes website.

I'm happy with these on M620D. I'm sure there are many other brands equally as good or better.

Suncountry
06-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Well I ordered front and rear pads from Ducati Seattle yesterday. Should see them this week. I need the rears in a bad way. The pads are paper thin. Fronts still have a few miles left but will change them anyway. Guess I will ride the 73 CB350 cafe for a few days until I get the pads changed. Did get the timing belts changed today. They were the originals from what the PO told me. After 4 yrs and 10K miles no cracks and still flexible.

Sieg
06-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Braking CM55 compound. Have them on two radial caliper systems and very pleased on street and track.