PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's Adrenaline Freaks Track-Day

flyingducman
05-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Anybody signed-up for the track-day tomorrow at Pacific Raceways???

It's looking like the weather's gonna be good.

You can always do the day-of-event payment option!

I'll be there with an EZ-Up as home-base, and will be riding this time! :D

flyingducman
05-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Anybody signed-up for the track-day tomorrow at Pacific Raceways???

It's looking like the weather's gonna be good.

You can always do the day-of-event payment option!

I'll be there with an EZ-Up as home-base, and will be riding this time! :D

Nice weather predicted, only about 40 riders signed-up, ride thru lunch hour and ride-til-five!

Anybody with me :confused:

belikeh20
05-04-2005, 08:14 PM
I'd go but the bike is in the shop getting f/r tires (Dunlop 208) & brakes (EBC), f/r sprockets (JT from CA-cyclworks), chain (DID), jet kit (Factorypro) with dyno tune (keeps fouling plugs), & 2nd oil leak fixed with only 10K miles. Have fun.

Bong
05-04-2005, 08:23 PM
I might drop by for 1/2 an hour mid-day. Hope to see you run for a few laps!

DJS
05-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Bong what time were you showing up? I work in Kent and might show up too.

Bong
05-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Will shoot for about 1030-1100

flyingducman
05-05-2005, 12:07 AM
I might drop by for 1/2 an hour mid-day. Hope to see you run for a few laps!

It would be great if you guys could stop-by. I'll be in the entry-level class...to start anyway!

The bike's all clean...chain's lubed...tank,s full :D

DJS
05-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Depending on work I can get there about 12:15 and stay for about 30 minutes. I HATE WORK!!! Ok I like it it helps pay for neat motorcycle things. :D

Holeshot
05-05-2005, 08:48 AM
Damn, missed them last weekend. Arg.. must get on track. Might be there, depends on how things go with my current s/w projects. Plus I need a proper set of straps for my bike to transport it.

At least I was able to test out and prove the MX5 can tow the bike last weekend:

http://www.fotoveloce.com/_pvt/prepped.track.bike.01.jpg

Bike prepped for track, towed by car being built up for track.. seems appropriate.. haha.

Thank goodness I put in the super-duty sway bars, springs and adjustable shocks.. that bike weights almost as much as the car!

Roadstergal
05-05-2005, 09:28 AM
Hey, nice MX-5. ;) Needs a bar, though! That was my old track car (http://www.edoghouse.com/cbishop/9_18_04/7091.jpg) before I went to bikes.

Holeshot
05-05-2005, 09:36 AM
Hey, nice MX-5. ;) Needs a bar, though! That was my old track car (http://www.edoghouse.com/cbishop/9_18_04/7091.jpg) before I went to bikes.

Nice looking MX! I'm trying to score an SCCA approved roll bar right now. I've run two autocrosses with it already this year (without the roll bar - I guess it's the motorcyclist in me) but I need to get one so I can hit a proper track.

The car IS A BLAST! Light, quick (for 100HP) and the aftermarket is thick with options. I was sort of surprised the little thing towed as well as it did. Hitch is a De'Long (sp?) out of Canada and rated for 2000 lb. Heck, the car itself barely weighs 2200.

I hope to get it all ready for tomorrow.. track days (of any sort) are just too fun. Plus it's REALLY slowed down my street riding which I think is a great thing.

Roadstergal
05-05-2005, 11:10 AM
By the time I was done with mine, it was under 2000. :D The Hard Dog HCDD that you see in that pic is SCCA approved; I got it from Team Miata. It's worth the money, IMO, since if you crash with one of their bars and send them a description of the event and the old bar, they'll give you a new one.

The Heliums are $99 apiece and silly-light. Good stuff. The Corbeau Forza seats are the least expensive seats that I would be comfortable with putting in a car in a track setting; if you make your own bracket, you can get a 6'+ plus guy under the bar with a helmet (I did that for the passenger's seat).

Bong
05-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Hey Dave, you should park next to Lindsay at the track - you two have the coolest tow rigs!!