PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to the 2fast Track Day on the 18th?

Citka
05-04-2005, 10:28 PM
I have read that a couple of people are going to the 2 Fast Track instruction day on the 18th of May.

So, I am curious how many of my fellow DesmoNorthWest'ers will be there...

-Citka

91aztec
05-06-2005, 07:58 AM
I will be there along with three guys that I ride with. Non-Duc riders. One has an Aprillia and the other two are on Suzuki's. This will be my first track day, enrolled in the 100 level with instruction. We will be in a big black Wells cargo trailer if you have a chance to scout around.
My bike is currently at Eastside Motorsports waiting for parts so I am hoping it will be ready in time.

flyingducman
05-06-2005, 08:44 AM
My bike is currently at Eastside Motorsports waiting for parts so I am hoping it will be ready in time.

Which one? It looks like you have two.

One your street-ride...the other track-only???

Just curious since so many guys are going in the dedicated track/race-bike direction, and thinking about it myself.

91aztec
05-06-2005, 09:32 AM
I am actually down to one bike, the 748. I sold the 800SS recently because after riding the 748 I couldn't think of a situation when I would ride the 800.
It turns out that a couple things are wrong with it and parts need to be ordered, if the parts are in the US I should be in good shape, if they have ship them from the factory I don't think they will be here in time. I am also having them install a slipper clutch and new tires.
I am hoping that it will be ready in time, really looking forward to riding on a track.

flyingducman
05-06-2005, 11:16 AM
I am also having them install a slipper clutch and new tires.

Which clutch...what tires :confused:

Slipper is more-or-less a dream of mine :happy44:

91aztec
05-06-2005, 12:24 PM
I am putting on Diablo's, I know there are members in all tire camps who have their preferences but I have always had pretty good luck with them.
I don't know what type of slipper clutch. shawn at ES Motorsports said the clutch was hammered and I should look at putting on a slipper clutch so I told him to go ahead.

darkduc
05-06-2005, 12:31 PM
So, why a slipper clutch? Why not just buy a Barnett Clutch Pack and be done with it? I don't quite understand the fascination with slipper clutches. Especially on street bikes. :confused:

flyingducman
05-06-2005, 12:49 PM
So, why a slipper clutch? Why not just buy a Barnett Clutch Pack and be done with it? I don't quite understand the fascination with slipper clutches. Especially on street bikes. :confused:

I understand your logic Jeff, that's why I haven't sprung for one. I did put the Barnett Basket and plate kit in recently, and it works great.

However, I have had those occasional moments on the street, and yesterday at the track, where not having the rear wheel lock-up would be nice.

Again, just a dream of mine to be realized only after striking gold! ;)

darkduc
05-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Having your rear wheel lock up on downshifts is half the fun! :D

reznor999
05-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Just tried to get signed up for intermediate on the 18th at PR. I am the first on the wait list. There are only a couple of spots left in advanced. If someone cancels out, I will be there for sure.

BB