PDA

View Full Version : The Monster rebuild has started!!!! (late, as always)

Squirley
03-22-2011, 06:35 PM
I hope this link works.
The first two shots are of the exhaust leak in the little WRA bike.

I helped Kevin "sand and glaze" my tank and tail. I'm a bit too extreme with the sander, my part didn't last long, but, I can slap the glaze stuff on! He buffed the termis, they look great for being flipped around. I have a new dark smoke windscreen which looks great when I held it up to the scratched one......Id like some rear-sets to get rid of the passenger pegs and clean up the rear.
Looking at the tail and tank, think I should get the red paint from Ducati??? How about the decals, anyone have luck taking them off and putting new ones on? I was thinking I could hand paint the one side. Due to my recent drinking activities, my hand may not be steady enough:happy44::happy44::happy44:

Looking forward to getting her back on the road!

http://cid-4f4b994a287c22fe.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=play&resid=4F4B994A287C22FE!265

Cyndy
03-24-2011, 04:35 PM
The link didn't work for me...but after having just re-vamped my track bike, I can imagine what you're going through. Painting is not easy, I learned. Good luck and post up some pics when you can!

Squirley
03-25-2011, 04:55 PM
ok I'll try later

Squirley
03-25-2011, 08:02 PM
the pics are on sky drive, I need to have Kevin move them over. They just show the glaze we put on, I need to start sanding. fun fun fun:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: