PDA

View Full Version : N Snohomish Co Rides

Squirley
04-04-2011, 08:16 PM
If anyone wants to start riding, I need a partner.
My Monster is in the shop because of the reeving issue.
I need to ride the SV w my track leathers on to get the feel of both. I wont be out for sped, just to get the feel of everything.
And, Kevin's tibia, fibia and ankle are fractured. He's had an "external fixation" on it for several weeks now, went for the pre surgery visit today and they checked him in, surgery in the morning. Its been really painful. He wont be riding for a while.
So, if anyone is up this way, I'm off work at 130 daily and have 50 days of work/school left. Give me a shout. Not sure if Kevin will attend my first track day on the 13th of April and hang in the pits.

Oh, the fixation device is made from carbon fiber, he gets to keep it all:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:....and, the Dr is from Michigan, Kevin went to Ohio State....:scared10::scared10::scared10:

Rich Quarre
04-04-2011, 08:28 PM
....and, the Dr is from Michigan, Kevin went to Ohio State....:scared10::scared10::scared10:
Now that could get ugly. Tell Kevin to keep that Wolverine doctor in check.
How did Kevin break all those bones? Please pass on my condolences and a "get well quickly".

rearickm
04-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Hey Squirley if we get some decent weather I'd be glad to ride with you. I'm on a 2 week rotation for work right now so for this week and next week I am doing graveyard shift then I'll be on first for a couple weeks. I usually make it back to Everett around 4pm.

Sorry to hear that Kevin will be out for most of the season! I hope his recovery is a speedy one!

Squirley
04-05-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm not telling how he broke his bones, that's up to him.:happy57:

We just had started the body work on my Monster and he cant help me because the dust particles when we sand. He wont let me use the sander again, apparently its nothing like a nail file.:scared10: My bike is too pretty to ride with glaze spots....vain I know.

We need to get some miles on his bike, unfortunately, he has a reverse shifter. I'm game for taking it out real slow, but I think the shifter needs to be back to normal.

My track leathers are nothing like my street gear, I feel like an idiot in them and haven't had them on a bike yet.....so....Mike, I'll be talking to you soon. Anyone else in the area feel free to give me a shout....if I get Kevin's permission, maybe someone could help put the reg shifter back on his bike? He will be pissed that I even suggested it. As long as whoever rides w me knows I will be very slow on either bike, were good. I know my Monster best and it blows that I cant ride that right now.

As in football, we have the Dr under control, were getting him a Buckeye Tree for his office.

I will pass the good wishes along and thanks for sending them his way.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Squirley
04-05-2011, 10:44 AM
PS
I will also post pictures of his leg with the hardware. Pretty cool work. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Bong
04-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Sorry to hear about Kevin's leg, sounds very painful :(

If I ever get around to putting street clothing back on the duc I will certainly venture up north and ride with you :cool2:

Squirley
04-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Sorry to hear about Kevin's leg, sounds very painful :(

If I ever get around to putting street clothing back on the duc I will certainly venture up north and ride with you :cool2:

Thanks Bong. His pain is as bad as it gets, I can do nothing except watch helplessly. If I'm in a bad mood, I tell him to shut up and spit out a tax deduction......I really, really need to get out and focus on riding. Waiting to hear what my reeving issue is w Monster. The sv was bought just for track riding. I need all the help I can get. If I feel the slightest bit off my zone, I pull off and readjust. The sv is very unlike my Monster in riding position. All I know is when I hit the corners, its pretty freaking cool, so easy.

Kevin will be non weight bearing for around 3 mo. If I can put miles on his bike, he will be covered under warranty for the 8500 m check up. I told him I'd do well on straight a ways or super slab. He said that was bull shit, however, if I was willing to learn to really ride the 1098 he would let me have a go at it. That's where the shifter help comes in. I'm not afraid to ask for help, and boy, do I need some.
As I left the hospital today, my Dodge died. My Dodge is really cool, red, dark tint, girly skull and desmo sticker on the back, plus the duel exhaust. I had to tow it from BHam. Four cars, none running, however, a 1098, a sv and my scooter running. When it rains........

Kevin is doing very well. He may loose 5% mobility in his foot. His Dr is one of the top in the state. Sounds good.

I really need to ride.....

rushmonger
05-10-2011, 10:43 AM
XXXXX