PDA

View Full Version : no sprocket - no go

kurtfriedrich
05-19-2011, 10:00 AM
On the way to work, right by Marymoor Park at light, let the clutch out, no go. Look on the ground and there is my sprocket laying in the middle of the road! Friggin nut came off, even though it has one of those spring clip retainers. Now waiting on tow truck which is on the way. Hope EMS calls me sooner, I just need the chain adjustment tools to reassemble it.

Guess wet weather is better than sun?

Bong
05-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Good thing it didn't come off while riding, that could have been nasty for both you and the bike :scared10:

Glad to hear you are ok :cool2:

Dave R
05-19-2011, 10:23 AM
1 800 234-1353 is Ducati Road Side assistance if you can't get a way out.. let us know if you need help

kurtfriedrich
05-19-2011, 11:32 AM
I walked another 400 yards down the road and found the nut (with the retaining spring still on it). Put the sprocket back on hand tight, walked the chain back on (glad I keep mine loose!), and was able to drive it to EMS. (But it was already coming apart again after ~5 miles, don't think it would have lasted 8 miles.)

Dave took immediate, good care of me :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Dave decided the retaining clip doesn't really extend dow far enough so we went with a cotter pin this time.

I think the Ducati gods were getting even with me for my comment yesterday about long distance touring with only Hondas and Yamahas .

ducati
05-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Kurt,

So what happened? Just not torqued down enough? Gosh, glad you're alright. Better thank the good lord tonight you got out okay. :thumbup:

Dave R
05-19-2011, 01:18 PM
trying to understand what happened as well?? We're talking rear sprocket right??