PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Pacifica Annual Bender

martys
06-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Our friends in Portland are organizing their annual weekend ride to Bend, OR July 9th. There was some talk over the winter about doing a joint ride together, this might be an opportunity to do just that. The roads from Portland to Bend and back are just spectacular.

I can't go because I will be just returning from my 2 week ride to Colorado, but am providing this info if anyone from here wants to reach out to DucPac (http://bit.ly/k7bvOV) or one of the other DucatiPacifica members and arrange a meet and greet.

Here's a link to their site (http://bit.ly/lPBQYe) with info on the ride.

blueduc
06-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Yeah- We would love to have some folks from the north join us.
This year our outbound route goes through Shaniko, Fossil, Service Creek, Mitchell and then on to Bend.
That weekend in Bend is the Bend Summerfest. At Summerfest there are a couple of live music stages, lots of food booths in the downtown area that is closed to vehicle traffic.
This is a nice place to hang out after a 350 mile ride and expand your beer knowledge.
The return ride to PDX will take us on the Cascade Lakes HWY, HWY 58 to Oakridge, North on the Aufderheide (possibly the best Motorcycle road in Oregon), past Detroit and up through Breitenbush to Estacada.
We always have a great time!

Bong
06-11-2011, 09:45 AM
I've ridden those routes and they are spectacular!

Unfortunately that weekend is the Ducati Experience up here in the Seattle area and quite a few are signed up for the 2hr rides on the MTS and Diavel. Next time....

martys
07-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Just a reminder this is next weekend. If you haven't signed up for the Ducati Experience demo rides, this will be a fun alternative. I understand there is also some kind of Summer Festival in Bend the same weekend to help "pass the time" :-)

I'll be in Bend for the weekend taking my wife to the Sisters Quilt Festival Saturday, but am planning on going to the Deschutes Brewery Saturday night looking for Portland DucPac folks.

martys
07-09-2011, 09:35 PM
What a great area Bend is! Ran into several of the Portland guys who came up to greet Paolo tonight at the Deschuttes Brewery. The Summer Festival was kicking downtown. This is a definite must do at some point in the future. Mark your calendar for the second Saturday in July for a date in the future.