PDA

View Full Version : 2012 MS1200S "Pikes Peak Edition" is here

Dave R
07-14-2011, 04:36 PM
If you haven't seen one of these in person now is your chance! We have #019 on display, not sold yet but I think it may be soon.

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-Kcs2q7C/0/M/i-Kcs2q7C-M.jpg
http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-cCq7jr2/0/M/i-cCq7jr2-M.jpg
http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-WtQvXFt/0/M/i-WtQvXFt-M.jpg

ducati
07-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Oh....So no full termi system then? Okay. Was wondering about that. Still a great bike. :thumbup:

Thank you for the pictures Dave.

martys
07-15-2011, 07:44 AM
too pretty to sell, Dave you should keep it as your daily rider.

kurtfriedrich
07-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Oh....So no full termi system then? Okay. Was wondering about that. Still a great bike. :thumbup:

Thank you for the pictures Dave.

the full termi's are not street legal, so you will never see ducati ship a US bike with them on. In the case of the 1098R, they included them (in a box) in addition to legal system which was on the bike. The "premise" being, if you want to take your bike to the track, you can change them.

(oh, and did I mention what a great color scheme this is!!! :cool2: )

ducati
07-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks Kurt. That being said, I wonder if the MTS comes with the full system then? (in a separate box)
From what I see on ducati.com, I see that under "engine" on the Pike Peak page, it states:
The Pikes Peak Special Edition is also equipped with the Ducati Performance exhaust (type approved for EU countries only), supplied as standard, with a black anodised protective cover that sharpens its aggressive styling and gives enhanced sporting flair.

So I wonder if what you're talking about, also is the same case with this MTS? I only ask, cuz I'm very interested in the bike myself.

Dave R
07-15-2011, 10:51 AM
just for clarification there are two sites you can view this bike on. One is Ducatiusa.com and the other is ducati.com
On Ducati USA site it clearly shows standard exhaust, in Europe they get carbon slip on.
http://www.ducatiusa.com/bikes/exhaust_system/747/index.do
vs
http://www.ducati.com/bikes/exhaust_system/747/index.do

The slip on is only a replacement for the stock "tips" it was not sold with a performance ECU... Only the full 2-1 offers the DP ECU and an improvement in HP....

ducati
07-15-2011, 01:23 PM
That does clear it up. Thank you Dave. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Never occured to me to differintiate for myself, the two aforementioned in your post.

Again, thank you.

Lotus54
07-15-2011, 05:08 PM
The Multi is a delightful bike to ride and that colour scheme looks great.

I'll bet it doesn't last long!

Mark

Habanero
07-15-2011, 07:57 PM
That does clear it up. Thank you Dave. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Never occured to me to differintiate for myself, the two aforementioned in your post.

Again, thank you.

Jimmie, you'd look good in that color scheme...beautiful bike!

Rich Quarre
07-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Beautiful color scheme!:thumbup:

kurtfriedrich
07-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Beautiful color scheme!:thumbup:

thank you!

ducati
07-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Jimmie, you'd look good in that color scheme...beautiful bike!

Thank you Scott. I can't promise I'll be able to afford the extra $thousands for the PP version. But I can promise I'll be a new owner of at least an S. Going to go in and talk to Dave today. Still gonna keep the F1098S tho. NEVER will I let that one go. NEVER!!!!!!

Dave made me a killer deal on the F1098S, so I have to go talk to him face to face to see if I can't manage a little something-something from the good man himself. Will keep you posted.

But I agree, that color scheme is a lady killer of a job. IMHO, the best yet.

ps, Scott. Do you do any off roading stuff? Nothing too serious of course. I figure as great a rider you are on the road, you might be one to take your MTS offroad too? ttyl...

Habanero
07-16-2011, 10:05 PM
ps, Scott. Do you do any off roading stuff? Nothing too serious of course. I figure as great a rider you are on the road, you might be one to take your MTS offroad too? ttyl...

Thanks Jimmie...I'll take the Multi on dirt and gravel roads.....I don't search out single track on it. I love the dirty, rough back roads that the Multistrada shines on.....I look forward to seeing you on a Multistrada, you'll love it.

Scott

ducmons
07-16-2011, 10:37 PM
Never have had a Multi - but with the 1198 sitting, this sure would seem like a great fit.

Someone snatch it quick!!!

Lotus54
07-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Never have had a Multi - but with the 1198 sitting, this sure would seem like a great fit.

Someone snatch it quick!!!

I'll be happy To ride it down to you JD.
Just call Dave up and arrange it...

(Mark C & I were just wondering if anyone's heard from you lately )

Mark

ducmons
07-17-2011, 10:38 AM
I'll be happy To ride it down to you JD.
Just call Dave up and arrange it...

(Mark C & I were just wondering if anyone's heard from you lately )

Mark

No, no. I was just thinking outloud. My wife would kill me if I bought another bike! Then again, if I had multi, I might ride it.

Been busy with work, haven't had time to get on line and keep up with you all.

Dave R
07-17-2011, 12:01 PM
:cool2: ............... :popcorn2:

molamphy
07-17-2011, 03:44 PM
....Then again, if I had multi, I might ride it. ....

I used to think that at one time. I'd love to get a new Multi but it would just sit like the one I got rid of.

ducmons
07-17-2011, 06:45 PM
I used to think that at one time. I'd love to get a new Multi but it would just sit like the one I got rid of.

Yeah. Your probably right. Now that I'm in the SW, I'd really like to do some touring and get to know the region, but I think that will be done with the new family toy instead of on a bike. I'll ask the wife none the less.

Rob C
07-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Ducati Seattle just finished the 600 mile service on my Pikes Peak # 018. The 1200 Multi is a wonderbike, but I'll have to warn you about the Pikes Peak--it draws too much attention. The sheriff on Stevens Pass pulled me over to take a look at the bike and gave me his compliments along with a note saying the judge would like to see it too. I guess the bike is officially broken in now.

martys
07-31-2011, 05:51 AM
Welcome to the MTS1200 club Rob :thumbup:

a radar detector could help you with local uniformed admirers.
There's not a lot of room to mount one but it is doable.

http://martys.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Colorado-2011/i-w3p2hBK/0/M/110625-080457-1-M.jpg

Rob C
07-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Thanks Marty. I like the motorcycle that you attached to your ad-ons.:thumbup: I think I'll take your advise about the lazer detector; the GPT is on the list too.