PDA

View Full Version : 999 Gauge & ECU eBay item is fraud!

Porsche Barry
10-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Currently listed here (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-999-749-Ecu-and-Gauge-cluster-/220877826754?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item336d582ac2) and I know for a FACT that the ECU in that set has a broken immobiliser, and as you can see in the pictures, the right hand button on the gauge pack is missing and the code light is even on.

I see that someone is bidding on it, so in the rare even that it is someone local, please don't pay this guy, it's and outright lie.

Porsche Barry
10-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Seller admitted to the ecu being faulty and has notified everyone that emailed on it and bid on it. :thumbup:

Bronston
10-27-2011, 07:16 AM
If you have first hand knowledge, notify ebay. It does their business no good when folks get ripped off.

ducatiscotty
10-27-2011, 02:29 PM
If you have first hand knowledge, notify ebay. It does their business no good when folks get ripped off.

Just an FYI as an ebay seller: It's very hard for a BUYER to get ripped off on ebay these days. Every single rule is there to protect the buyer. Not the seller. All a buyer has to do is claim the part was not as advertised & ebay automatically takes their word for it with zero proof needed. They refund not only their payment price of the item but also the shipping they paid.

Bronston
10-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Just an FYI as an ebay seller: It's very hard for a BUYER to get ripped off on ebay these days. Every single rule is there to protect the buyer. Not the seller. All a buyer has to do is claim the part was not as advertised & ebay automatically takes their word for it with zero proof needed. They refund not only their payment price of the item but also the shipping they paid.

That's good to know, thanks.

Squirley
10-28-2011, 04:56 AM
I have very good luck w ebay as both buyer and seller. Would much rather be a buyer :eek:

Appreciate the heads up when someone spots something bike related that's false.