PDA

View Full Version : WMRRA DOC Volunteer Corner-Worker Day - Details

flyingducman
06-08-2005, 12:58 PM
For those members nice enough :happy36: to volunteer a day of their time to the safety of the rider's of the Washington Motorcycle Road Racing Association this coming Sunday, here are the final details regarding participation in the event.

The Corner-Worker's Meeting, with Corner-Captain Nadia Shashani, will take place at approximately 8:00 AM in the radio shack. You may arrive at any time up to the meeting.

However, if you arrive between 7:00 and 7:30, we have been instructed to by-pass the waiting line at the entrance. By-pass the line on the left-hand side. At the gate let the attendant know that you are corner-working, and ask them to direct you to the radio shack. You will not be charged admission.

If you arrive after 7:30, please follow the same procedure. However, you MAY have to pay admission, but WILL BE RE-IMBURSED by WMRRA.

You may bring an E-Z Up type shelter for your own personal use. You may bring chairs and your own beverages, as well. A breakfast w/coffee, and lunch w/beverage will be provided. Water and pop will be provided to you throughout the day, if desired.

It is OK to drive your vehicle to the corner where you will be working. However, commuting to your corner is recommended so the number of vehicles on the track isn't excessive. WMRRA's policies really make corner-working as comfortable as possible.

Nadia will try to station our members on consecutive corners. It looks like we may be working 2B, 3 and 4, at a minimum.

Do not wear anything RED! No red t-shirts, jackets or hats. This is to eliminate confusing these items with a red flag. Do bring a pair of gloves to protect your hands from hot and/or sharp metal if you have to help a downed-rider, back-up. She has some gloves, but I'll be bringing my own. It's up to you.

That's it for now. Post any questions or concerns and I'll try to address them. You may want to print this and take it with you.

Again, Nadia has stated she will turn no one away! There is a place at this event for everybody, family/friends included. I was hoping this social/volunteer effort would be better received by the membership. We've got about 10 +/- commited to the event right now.

If you decide to participate, this is one event where last-minute participation is not a problem. Just show-up, and you'll be welcomed.