PDA

View Full Version : spies on Ducati

1FastSS
09-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Just read on superbike planet that the deal is about done with Ducati and Spies for him to stay in GP and ride on Ducati's new factory Jr. Team.. Wow now that's a shocker!

ducmons
09-07-2012, 02:28 PM
I hope he gets a more reliable bike than what he had this year. I'd love to see him on a Duc. :thumbup:

Jeremy
09-07-2012, 02:30 PM
He'll be teammates with Moto2 rider Ianonne (Crazy Joe).

I hope he gets a better bike than the POS that Ducati put out there this year! Same goes for Ianonne, Hayden and Dovi.

kurtfriedrich
09-07-2012, 02:49 PM
what is "Ducati's new factory Jr. Team" ?? do they get the same bikes as Hayden with the same firmware etc?

Jeremy
09-07-2012, 03:08 PM
what is "Ducati's new factory Jr. Team" ?? do they get the same bikes as Hayden with the same firmware etc?

It's basically Ducati's version of Yamaha's Tech 3 team. It'll be run by Pramac, and start the season with near identical bikes to the factory team, although they likely won't get all of the updates the factory team gets. Some factory support though, which I don't think the Ducati satellite teams get now.

Rich Quarre
09-07-2012, 05:06 PM
This could go either way for both Spies and Ducati. Ben needs a good bike and a "revitalization" and Ducati needs desperately to build a good MotoGP bike. Sounds great...I'll definitely be rooting for him and Nicky.

Mitch
09-08-2012, 12:00 AM
He'll be teammates with Moto2 rider Ianonne (Crazy Joe).

I hope he gets a better bike than the POS that Ducati put out there this year! Same goes for Ianonne, Hayden and Dovi.

Don't hold back now, tell us what you really think. :happy57:

I guess I'll have to find time to watch more Moto 2 races next year. I'd be great to see Spies recapture some of the magic he had in WSBK in 2009.

Dave R
09-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Ducati attempted to build a bike to suit Rossi and couldn't do it, I bet we see a shift away from the aluminum frame. As far as reliability goes, Ducati had the best record this season in regards to motors used.

Jeremy
09-08-2012, 08:32 AM
I think they took steps backwards with Rossi and Burgess. I'm not surprised they couldn't get an AL frame to work...they have no experience with them!

It'd be nice if the spec. tire would go away. I think they'd be competitive without it.

Hopefully they can get it figured out. I like all of their riders. 2 Americans, and Crazy Joe is a blast to watch! Iannone looked good on the bike in testig (faster than Rossi during the race at the same track). He said it was tough to ride though.