PDA

View Full Version : Monday trip report

Torben
05-25-2004, 12:45 PM
All members of the ride contributed to this trip report. Tim Burton, the mastermind behind the fine film "big fish" edited this story for accuracy.

The first unofficial ride for Desmo Northwest had a decent showing; 908, Cindesmo, T and Keith (no cool nickname because he doesn’t have Ducati...possibly the best motorcycle on the face of the planet :P).

Despite poor directions to the meeting point, by 908, we all managed to make it (Not Keith because he was on a GSXR 750 and got confused) to the intended start.

The group made its way through Carnation getting stuck in gross traffic, and then up Hwy 2 to Stevens Pass Ski Resort. Finally, we made it through the last of the small redneck towns who for some reason think Harleys are cool, hence the 25 MPH speed zones, and started to open things up. Traffic was light and cars were courteous enough to pull over when the Ducati pack flew up behind them. Perhaps they were scared by the thunderous roar of the mighty twin!?

We made it to the base of the summit and that’s were things got interesting. Three wide we took the first left hand sweeper at triple digits with knees scraping on the ground! Third, bang fourth and Cindesmo wheelied out of the sweeper passing 908 as he slowly slid it in to get the hard drive sliding all the way through to the exit . T, never to be outdone, pulls off a 4th gear standing wheelie and the end of the turn, passing 908 on his haggard 748S. And although the 748”S” was a bit long in the tooth 908’s superior riding skills were able to win the DNW Cup trophy for the inaugural ride, reminiscent of Chili's valiant efforts on his factory sponsored Ducati.

Quickly getting behind the bubble and setting up for the next wide sweeper we could all see 150 come up on the speedo and redline approaching. The next few turn were a series of moderate right handers, 908 as breaking late in every turn because he couldn't get his timing down.

As fast as the summit accent began it was over. Pulling up to the summit parking lot Keith was sitting there freezing, waiting for the Ducati pack. Having got all mixed up from 908’s crappy directions he decided to do the ride himself.

On the descent, T's exhaust kept Keith warm because the Duc Pack was smoken him. The only bummer on the downhill was the yuppies in the VW Vannogan, smoking their weed & listening to the Grateful Dead, thing who had no idea what to do when you have riders behind you and failed to pull off so the rest of us could enjoy a nice series of lefts and rights.

Then the best riders had bacon cheeseburgers with the exception of 908 who had a crummy chicken sandwich and we went home. T’s cornering went way downhill as we approached the end, since it was dark and dumbass decided to wear his kick-ass Ducati Oakley glasses. End of story

DJS
05-25-2004, 12:54 PM
Wow! That is the best story ever. Contributions from everyone but Keith. He is too busy for motorcycle stuff and loves too work.

CINDESMO
05-25-2004, 01:01 PM
Whoa! Sounds like fun! Oh, wait...I was there!

Curt999
05-25-2004, 01:23 PM
Nice report. Any pics?

Curt

Torben
05-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Sadly no. Our hero 908 forgot to bring his, and my digital is too big to lug along on a ride.
I'm sure there will be another one just like this though :)

Welcome aboard Curt!

DJS
05-25-2004, 03:43 PM
Ya because 908 got all the directions wrong blame him about forgetting the camera. :P

Bong
05-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Wow. Nice ride report, I don't think I ever rode on the track as hard as you all did on the street! I haven't had the pleasure of riding with Cindy but it sure would be nice to see her wheelie out of that first left hand sweeper up to Stevens. I did finally figure out that the correct gear to take it in is 5th, I used to take it in 3rd and was always having to shift twice before hitting the exit. Remind me never to ride with your pack, you guys are wild! :-) (besides, the multi won't be able to keep up with your superbikes)

Torben
05-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Next time you'll have to come with! Dave S is trying to get a pack together this weekend to white pass. Interested?
Damn good to see you Bong!

Bong
05-25-2004, 08:59 PM
I think I am going to be dirt riding with the family, let us know what day and I'l try to break away and join you guys. bong

lll0228
05-25-2004, 09:10 PM
Ha...nice. :) I like the Tim Burton part more.