PDA

View Full Version : Yelp and Ducati Bellevue

ducati
01-15-2014, 01:26 PM
I have a Yelp account, and never thought to give Ducati Bellevue a rating on there. They've currently have 27 reviews, and I'm going to make one for them shortly.

I'd encourage all of you to do the same. Whether it be good, or bad. (Hopefully good)
I find using Yelp for research on where I put my money/time, is very helpful. I love DucBell, and would think our reviews would help regulars of that site decide to come in and shop our favorite shop. Cheers.

-j

kurtfriedrich
01-16-2014, 10:34 AM
There was a piece on channel 5 last night about someone who wrote a bad review of a restaurant, and that company came after them with a lawyer.
Bottom line, if you say something bad, you have to be able to prove it, else you can be sued. If you say something good, of course it will be posted.
So these reviews are like facebook, you can like but there is no real unlike button, so they are pretty much useless. I just deleted Yelp off my phone last night.

Rich Quarre
01-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Yep, I read about that. Renders all these "review" sites useless.
However, I totally agree with Jame's original intent. Ducati Bellevue is a great establishment.

ducati
01-17-2014, 10:32 AM
Hey Kurt,

In regards to the story on the reviewer being sued; I'm sure there is a lot more to that story and probably not much tact used in it's review.

Saddens me to see someone as yourself to not find any benefit to Yelp. But I understand and respect your opinion. I use it to help make businesses accountable, and to reward those for a job well done.

kurtfriedrich
01-17-2014, 11:14 AM
I probably am a horse's ass, but I get upset with anything that impinges on free speech. If something lets me say good and not bad, it is no longer a credible source of truth.

again, I admit I am a nutcase. I had been using Yelp for at least 2 years.

Pampero
01-18-2014, 12:31 PM
I probably am a horse's ass, but I get upset with anything that impinges on free speech. If something lets me say good and not bad, it is no longer a credible source of truth.

again, I admit I am a nutcase. I had been using Yelp for at least 2 years.

Well, I rather agree assuming the accusations are proven true. Net neutrality is under siege; if it's not directly related to Yelp, it's still rearing its head. Ducati Bellevue's quality is not at issue, they are an enthusiast's destination.

Suncountry
01-18-2014, 01:29 PM
I used yelp and several fourms when researching which dealers I want to do businees with. They treated me the same from when I when there to first check out the store and team before purchase to when I pop in for parts or to chat. Only wish I lived closer. I do try to stop by when in town on biz.