PDA

View Full Version : I need your help. Please.

Rich Quarre
01-24-2014, 08:59 AM
I need your help. Please.

For quite a few years, DNW was the Seattle area’s official Ducati Owners Club. Several years ago, Ducati changed the affiliation process and DNW lost its DOC affiliation. The affiliation process with Ducati is a time consuming, somewhat bureaucratic process. However, re-establishing the club as a DOC will benefit both us and our sponsors. It is one of the tasks which I have committed to pursue as a priority.

Here’s where I need your help. In an attempt to re-establish DNW’s affiliation with Ducati as a DOC, I need to submit the names and information for 50 members (or prospective members). The information includes your name, Ducati model presently owned, address, phone number,and email address. Additionally, it includes your agreement for the processing (by Ducati) of the data you provide (you have to check the two boxes on the form). I know it's a pain in the rear, but I'm asking for just a few minutes of your time so we can get this done for the club.

There’s nothing sinister going on with Ducati’s request for your information. Ducati is trying to establish which clubs are for real and which ones are internet based forums with no real physical club attributes. Ducati only wants traditional clubs which have members that participate in actual club events as a DOC. Your data will only be sent to Ducati and only used for the purpose of establishing and maintaining DNW as a DOC.

I have attached the Ducati DOC Member Acceptance Form in a pdf file that you can add your information to. I would really appreciate if everyone could take just a few minutes and fill out form. If you have more than one Ducati, please use the additional bikes to fill out a second form for your wife, significant other, son, daughter, uncle, etc. The more people we have membership forms for the better. Please use an email address that Ducati can use to contact you and a shipping addresses so that they could conceivably send you stuff.

To fill out the pdf file, use the “sign, add text, or send a document for signature” button on the Adobe tool bar at the top of Adobe Reader, then select “add text” in the menu screen on the right side of the window. This allows you to type directly onto the form. Then save the form with your info on it. Adobe Reader is a free program you can download here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Please send the completed form back to me at: president@desmonorthwest.com

If you’re having difficulty with the pdf, you can also print it and fill it out in pen or pencil. If you elect to go this route, please send the hard copy to the following address:

DNW
13707 SE 51st Place
Bellevue, WA 98006-3437

I would appreciate this information as soon as practical since I need to have this submitted to Ducati by February 10th.

Thank you sincerely for the help.

Rich

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that there's no place to put what kind of bike you have. My mistake, it only shows on the on-line version after you select "rider". No worries, though, please just put add it on the "Country" line. Also, please in include your tee shirt size just in case Ducati sends out tee shirts.

Thank you.

DucPac
01-24-2014, 09:59 AM
Cheers all!
As you can see from Rich's email we are working diligently behind the scenes to bring DNW back into the world of Ducati DOC! Our jobs as club officers is to bring DNW back into the fold of DOC and support our members any way that we can!

As we work on the many issues ahead of us, we ask that you be patient and please assist us when and if you can. We as officers are very excited to bring our passion and enjoyment of Ducatis to the rest of the club!

The DOC process will not happen over night, so again we ask for your patience. The first thing to do in order to help us is please fill out the application posted by Rich. I don't want to say time is of the essence, butů time is of the essence! So please help us by filling out the application and sending it to Rich.

Thanks for your assistance and I look forward to meeting all of you! If anyone needs to get hold of me I can be contacted here: dfschloth@mac.com

Don

Rich Quarre
01-24-2014, 10:34 AM
Also, I know some of you guys are in between Ducs and not current owners. That's OK, please fill out the form and include the model of your last Duc.

Thanks again.

JCM5
01-24-2014, 10:41 AM
Form sent to your inbox.

Thanks Rich

doh...just saw your mouse print about filling out which bike we own.

Let me know if you want me to send you a new form!

kurtfriedrich
01-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Thanks much for doing this, just sent in 2 forms (son, and i)

Rich Quarre
01-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Thanks very much guys and gals, please keep 'em coming!

doh...just saw your mouse print about filling out which bike we own.

Haha, yeah, it is kind'a small isn't it? Don't know why I used that size font.... :confused1

ducati
01-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Will do sometime today or tomorrow, Rich.

motodave
01-24-2014, 01:13 PM
done and spreading the word, John is making a auto feature so new bike owners will be signed up...

rushmonger
01-24-2014, 01:15 PM
In! :happy44:

Form sent by email.

JCM5
01-24-2014, 01:23 PM
done and spreading the word, John is making a auto feature so new bike owners will be signed up...

Great idea. Would be good for new buyers to learn about not just DOC, but the DesmoNW forum itself.

Rich Quarre
01-24-2014, 01:53 PM

Way cool! Thanks Dave, and please thank John for taking the time to set that up. Awesome! :thumbup:

ducati
01-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Another reason I swear Ducati Bellevue have their act together. Thank you Ducati Bellevue. Very cool!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Kevin1199
01-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Once my computer cooperates I'll have mine in

Rich Quarre
01-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Thanks guys! We've had a great response so far. Much appreciated! :thumbup:

Keep 'em coming please!

Suncountry
01-24-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm in :thumbup:

Austen
01-24-2014, 09:24 PM
This is really great and will be a very meaningful aspect of the club.

Application sent.

Thanks for doing this for us!

Mark
01-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Thanks Rich.

2 forms mailed to your address.

Mark and Lisa

Pampero
01-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Done. Let me know if that works for you, Rich.
Lew

Bong
01-25-2014, 04:38 PM
Thanks for all the work, Rich!

Forms sent in with Panigale listed - hope the folks from Bologne don't make a surprise inspection. :rolleyes:

FilipHantson
01-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Thanks for all the work, Rich!

Forms sent in with Panigale listed - hope the folks from Bologne don't make a surprise inspection. :rolleyes:

I would only be worried if Ducati was owned by Monsanto :)

DucPac
01-25-2014, 08:07 PM
This is great! I love seeing the action and folks getting excited about the club and Ducatis! We are going to work hard at making this a good place to be!

Thanks for the support, lets keep it going!

Don

martys
01-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Done.

BamBam
01-26-2014, 12:38 AM
Thanks for organizing this Rich.
Form sent.

Rich Quarre
01-26-2014, 08:40 AM
Hey guys and gals, thanks again for all your help . We're more than half way towards having the 50 required members, so please keep 'em coming. :thumbup:

58TypeDuc
01-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Sent and replied to

deanduc
01-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Coming at you in the mail.

steve_d
01-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Just sent mine in to you Rich!

Steve

ducati
01-26-2014, 09:26 PM
I must be a moron, cus I can't figure out how to sign the electronic copy. I don't have a printer at home, so I'll have to print this out at work and send it in.

FilipHantson
01-26-2014, 09:28 PM
I must be a moron, cus I can't figure out how to sign the electronic copy. I don't have a printer at home, so I'll have to print this out at work and send it in.

No worries, had the same problem. I did the scan workaround too. :)

kurtfriedrich
01-26-2014, 10:01 PM
No worries, had the same problem. I did the scan workaround too. :)

The adobe button that lets you add text, (3rd icon from the left on the top row of icons) also has 4 menus, one is type, one is add a check mark, and one is add a signature.
That one will make up a signature using some font (I did that for my son), or you can use a photo (I have a photo of my signature), or a web came to make one, or you can draw it, I assume with the mouse.
when you click this, the signature shows up in the middle of the page, "connected" to your mouse. Just have to move it to the proper space and click.

Rich Quarre
01-26-2014, 10:10 PM
James and everyone, I'm not that concerned about the signature block. If you send me a form, I'm going to consider it signed by you since you sent it. Do, please, put some mark, X, or check in the consent boxes though.

Thanks again everyone. Your response has been fantastic!

Rich Quarre
01-27-2014, 06:25 PM
Ok, we're only a few (10) short of the minimum number of membership profiles for the DOC affiliation process. Please, please, if you haven't sent me a form (attached to the first post of this thread), fill one out and send it on in.

There are a few people who lurk, post, or participate on the forum who haven't sent me a form yet. Please help and send in a form. It costs nothing.

Thanks to all that have participated and helped our club.

Cheers,

Rich

ducati
01-27-2014, 06:48 PM
I printed it out, Rich. I will send it to ya tomorrow, you have my word. Thank you again for taking care of us all.

I'll be sure to mark all three of my bikes on there.

Rich Quarre
01-27-2014, 07:07 PM
Thanks James!

Lokene
01-29-2014, 07:59 AM
Forms for my wife and I have just been emailed to you :happy57:

Rod

ducati
01-29-2014, 09:53 AM
Forms for my wife and I have just been emailed to you :happy57:

Rod

You da' man, Rod! :) Thank you sir. Hopefully with Rich's diligent efforts, we'll be DOC members once again, soon.

Rich Quarre
02-01-2014, 03:03 PM
To all the membership, THANK YOU for quickly participating in the process to re-establish the club's affiliation and DOC status. In just over a week you have provided over 55 membership forms, well above the required 50 members needed for DOC recognition in 2014. :bowdown:

On my end, it appears that all of the required documentation and data entries have been submitted for the DOC affiliation process. It is my understanding that our application should be complete. At this point, I'm just waiting to hear back from Ducati in Bologna.

So there's a bit of an update, along with my sincere "Thank You" for your help. I'll post future updates about our application as they occur.

Cheers,

Rich

Kevin1199
02-04-2014, 01:01 PM
That's awesome, I hadn't looked at this in a while and now it good to hear some good news on this.

kurtfriedrich
02-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Thanks Rich for doing this dirty work, I know its no fun.

motodave
02-04-2014, 04:04 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thum bup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:: thumbup::thumbup:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thum bup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:: thumbup::thumbup:
Awesome!!!!

Mark
02-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Bologna is probably going to lunch or vacation or something so we should hear back in a few months :p

To all the membership, THANK YOU for quickly participating in the process to re-establish the club's affiliation and DOC status. In just over a week you have provided over 55 membership forms, well above the required 50 members needed for DOC recognition in 2014. :bowdown:

On my end, it appears that all of the required documentation and data entries have been submitted for the DOC affiliation process. It is my understanding that our application should be complete. At this point, I'm just waiting to hear back from Ducati in Bologna.

So there's a bit of an update, along with my sincere "Thank You" for your help. I'll post future updates about our application as they occur.

Cheers,

Rich