PDA

View Full Version : We did it!

Rich Quarre
02-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Thanks in large part to your timely help with the membership forms, DesmoNorthwest is once again the one and only OFFICIAL DUCATI OWNERS CLUB in the Seattle area!:happy44:

I need to also thank our partner dealership, Ducati Bellevue and Kevin Davis, for helping out with the effort. :bowdown:

You should also know that a gentleman by the name of Ryan Speer at Ducati North America was a huge help to me in making this happen. DNA really DOES care about, and tries to take care of, their customers. Thank you Ryan.

While I still have some administrative work that needs to be taken care of with the DOC and Ducati, this one's been checked off and we're on to the next of many smaller improvements we're going to implement to make this a more fun and active club for all of us.

Please join us in enjoying your Ducati owership experience to the fullest.

Thanks again guys and gals!

Cheers.

Rich

ducati
02-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Thank you Ryan and Ducati Bellevue!!!!!!

This is sooooooooo great!!!! You too Rich!

Kevin1199
02-04-2014, 09:16 PM
That's awesome congrats to all

patorojo
02-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Way to go Rich! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

kurtfriedrich
02-04-2014, 09:55 PM
We are SOMEBODY now, things are going to happen now!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahuPW6_t-z0

Guiseppe
02-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Congratulations to all of us. Thank you Rich.

Austen
02-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Way to go, Rich!!

Thank you to all who made this a reality. :thumbup:

ducati
02-04-2014, 10:11 PM
It really does mean a lot to me that Kevin and the Ducati shop helped out. Its says a lot to me that they would do that to help Rich and the rest of us.

Ducati Bellevue needs to make an exclusive run of t-shirts, with Ducati Bellevue and the DOC membership logos on it.

I would certainly buy several. ;)

motodave
02-04-2014, 11:23 PM
How about a calendar featuring our bikes on each month/ multiple bikes on each month.... hard print calendar for next year, Rich something like that calendar i gave to this year from the southeast guys.

Rich Quarre
02-04-2014, 11:34 PM
Yep, I'd like to see a calendar or some other type of "Duc art" project with members' bikes.

Kevin1199
02-05-2014, 12:12 AM
Shirts of duc bell and the club would be awesome, I'd be in for the calendar, that would be a cool thing to do

rb_duc
02-05-2014, 08:11 AM
Thanks Rich et al for the hard work!

ducati
02-05-2014, 08:58 AM
How about a calendar featuring our bikes on each month/ multiple bikes on each month.... hard print calendar for next year, Rich something like that calendar i gave to this year from the southeast guys.

I still like the t-shirt idea, but I LOVE the calendar idea with our members bikes even more. Wayyyyyy more personal that way. My f1098s is a dirty mess as I have never washed her since the day I bought her. But the R is always clean. SP is in track livery tho. Exciting!!!!

DucPac
02-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Shirts of duc bell and the club would be awesome, I'd be in for the calendar, that would be a cool thing to do

I'm working on a t-shirt design now!!:cool2:

ducati
02-05-2014, 10:36 AM
I'm working on a t-shirt design now!!:cool2:

Are you serious!??!?! WOW!!!!!!!!! That's awesome. WTF happened around this forum as of late? Why is everyone so damned excited to bring life back into this forum?! :) This is exciting!!! :)

DucPac, if I could make a suggestion, I would like to see some desgin down the sleeve of long sleeved t-shirts. Leaving the sleeves blank leaves it lacking, methinks, anyways.

Wow...very cool guys! :thumbup:

DucPac
02-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Are you serious!??!?! WOW!!!!!!!!! That's awesome. WTF happened around this forum as of late? Why is everyone so damned excited to bring life back into this forum?! :) This is exciting!!! :)

DucPac, if I could make a suggestion, I would like to see some desgin down the sleeve of long sleeved t-shirts. Leaving the sleeves blank leaves it lacking, methinks, anyways.

Wow...very cool guys! :thumbup:

I like the way you think! YES!! I have designs for both sleeves, front and back! I really think you will like them. I will get the basic shirt design first and then we can modify later. i.e., hoodies, long sleeve, short sleeve, women's, etc.

Ducati has some specifics that need to be adhered to, but that's all been taken into account.

I hope to have preliminary designs to the print shop within a month or so.

ducati
02-05-2014, 02:51 PM
I like the way you think! YES!! I have designs for both sleeves, front and back! I really think you will like them. I will get the basic shirt design first and then we can modify later. i.e., hoodies, long sleeve, short sleeve, women's, etc.

Ducati has some specifics that need to be adhered to, but that's all been taken into account.

I hope to have preliminary designs to the print shop within a month or so.

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Thank you sir! :)

Jeremy
02-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Hopefully it works, but keep in mind...

...we've done several calendars in the past. We used to do it yearly. The ONLY one that the club didn't lose money on was the one with Elizabeth Raab. Quite a few also complained that one was too sexy though. It's hard to win.

We've also done shirts in the past. Pre-order is the way to go, otherwise the club will lose money. I headed up the last effort, and I would say we sold about 20 of them or so if I remember correctly. Lots said they wanted them, but when it came time to pay...

Collect the money first.

Finally, you may have issues with DNA on shirts, unless you have them made locally. We set up a Zazzle account when I was prez., where people could buy mugs, shirts, hats, etc. at will. They were simple...just had our logo...nothing else at all. DNA had it shut down over copyright issues.

Just some past experience. :)

DucPac
02-05-2014, 02:59 PM

I really like this idea! I used to do some photography in my past life and still keep my hand in it a bit. I would love to be able to take some shots of everyones bike and compile something.

DucPac
02-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Hopefully it works, but keep in mind...

...we've done several calendars in the past. We used to do it yearly. The ONLY one that the club didn't lose money on was the one with Elizabeth Raab. Quite a few also complained that one was too sexy though. It's hard to win.

We've also done shirts in the past. Pre-order is the way to go, otherwise the club will lose money. I headed up the last effort, and I would say we sold about 20 of them or so if I remember correctly. Lots said they wanted them, but when it came time to pay...

Collect the money first.

Finally, you may have issues with DNA on shirts, unless you have them made locally. We set up a Zazzle account when I was prez., where people could buy mugs, shirts, hats, etc. at will. They were simple...just had our logo...nothing else at all. DNA had it shut down over copyright issues.

Just some past experience. :)

DNA and Ducati Bologna were very sensitive to copyright issues. They have since come out with specific outlines on how to do club swag. We will follow those rules.

The problem arose from a club that decided to start it's own "business" and sell Ducati branded items for profit! Ducati did not take kindly to that at all!

Jeremy
02-05-2014, 03:16 PM
DNA and Ducati Bologna were very sensitive to copyright issues. They have since come out with specific outlines on how to do club swag. We will follow those rules.

The problem arose from a club that decided to start it's own "business" and sell Ducati branded items for profit! Ducati did not take kindly to that at all!

They had rules back then too...and we followed them as far as we could tell. :rolleyes:

Understandable on the business thing. But our stuff didn't have any of Ducati's banned words/images though (Ducati, Desmo, etc). No notice, questions, email...DNA just had it shut down. The only notice came from Zazzle.

Anyway, not to be a downer. Hopefully everything goes well. :thumbup: The DOC office seems like they may have already improved, given the quick response you guys have been getting.

DucPac
02-05-2014, 03:19 PM
They had rules back then too...and we followed them as far as we could tell. :rolleyes:

Understandable on the business thing. But our stuff didn't have any of Ducati's banned words/images though (Ducati, Desmo, etc). No notice, questions, email...DNA just had it shut down. The only notice came from Zazzle.

Anyway, not to be a downer. Hopefully everything goes well. :thumbup: The DOC office seems like they may have already improved, given the quick response you guys have been getting.

I remember when they did that. My previous club got into hot water with our original logo, we had to trash it and start over!!

Mark
02-18-2014, 07:29 PM
I think calendars are a great idea and to make it more affordable for the club, would there be any objection to allowing sponsorship advertising? I'm suggesting selling banner type ads on the bottom of the calendar. I for one would participate at some level financially in order to make it happen. Just a thought.

kurtfriedrich
02-18-2014, 10:02 PM
I think calendars are a great idea and to make it more affordable for the club, would there be any objection to allowing sponsorship advertising? I'm suggesting selling banner type ads on the bottom of the calendar. I for one would participate at some level financially in order to make it happen. Just a thought.

I think for your participation, you should buy your 1199 back, take a picture of it in front of your agency, and we'll call it good!

ducati
02-18-2014, 10:55 PM
Mark,

Since I will be getting life insurance from you soon, I would be open for your agency, and maybe Ducati Bellevue to paint my body work in your mutual colors/brand. I'd rock that in a heartbeat.

I just don't like the blue that's on it now. Ha!
:)

Rich Quarre
02-19-2014, 09:19 AM

Excellent idea Mark. Motodave gave me a great example of a calendar that another club had done. It's really nice and employes the advertising space concept. This is definitely one of the projects on the to-do list. Timeline wise, my plan is to attack this in the late summer/early fall with an availability date in Novembe or December.

Jeremy
02-19-2014, 09:28 AM
We used to sell ad space for the previous calendars as well. Scott Wilcox would probably remember the details, as I think he handled it a few times.

Rich Quarre
02-19-2014, 09:33 AM
We used to sell ad space for the previous calendars as well. Scott Wilcox would probably remember the details, as I think he handled it a few times.

Thanks Jeremy. I'll ring Scott when we get close to moving on this.