PDA

View Full Version : Club Business

Rich Quarre
07-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Thought I'd post a quick update on membership, a request for help, and a request for your ideas.

DNW membership stands at 107, up about double the number in January. The best part is that we are seeing an increase in new member participation, which is fantastic. And, of course, welcome to all our new members.

Here's the request with an easy, fun payoff. We have numerous sponsor events taking place over the next few weeks. These events are organized, promoted, and run by our sponsors at considerable expense. Please make a serious effort to help support our sponsors and help validate their cost of sponsoring our club by participating in these events. Not to mention all the fun you'll be having. Thank you.

Here's the request for ideas. I received another shipment of two large boxes from Ducati filled with Membership Packages. Very cool, Ducati is obviously on top of this stuff these days.

Here's the problem: How do I get all these packages distributed to all of you guys? Mailing all the packages out is way too costly. Trying to hand them out at events has not worked all that well. I'm open to ideas and suggestions. I'd prefer to not saddle our sponsors with a request to hand these out....it's not really their responsibily. Thank you!

Cheers.

motodave
07-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Idea, drop them off at various sponsoring dealers that are close to the members home or desire...

JCM5
07-07-2014, 09:11 AM
Idea, drop them off at various sponsoring dealers that are close to the members home or desire...

This seems like a good option. I would imagine a good majority of us frequent Ducati Bellevue with some regularity. Or Mark's AMFAM branch :p

What about a casual DucNW get together at Ducati Bellevue on a Saturday? Meet up, eat their free food, collect our member packs, talk about our cool motorbikes and then scoot!

*Edit: I just read Rich's post more carefully: "Trying to hand them out at events has not worked all that well."

I guess if people really want them they'll make the effort. Short of them knocking on your front door I don't know how much easier you could make it.

theeug7
07-07-2014, 09:22 AM
This seems like a good option. I would imagine a good majority of us frequent Ducati Bellevue with some regularity. Or Mark's AMFAM branch :p

What about a casual DucNW get together at Ducati Bellevue on a Saturday? Meet up, eat their free food, collect our member packs, talk about our cool motorbikes and then scoot!

*Edit: I just read Rich's post more carefully: "Trying to hand them out at events has not worked all that well."

I guess if people really want them they'll make the effort. Short of them knocking on your front door I don't know how much easier you could make it.

I for one will be beating down Rich's front door when mine arrives!!!!!!

crfracer96
07-07-2014, 09:34 AM

Southsound BMW/DUC is having the DUC grand opening on saturday. Probably not the best day to set something up at a different dealership.... Support of a new Duc Dealership in the area? I thought these packages had some large items in them anyway, too large to transport on bike? I dont have a solution other than i would pay for deliverd shipping to me (kitsap side), if there are other members on my side outstanding, i would deliver if sent to me in a batch...

Guiseppe
07-07-2014, 09:59 AM
107 members and still growing - way to go DNW!

TCS
07-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Distribution shouldn't fall squarely on the shoulders of one person. Especially Rich, who already has more than enough DNW irons in the fire. I will also argue that members should bear some responsibility for getting their packet. To that end, here's my suggestion:

Group the packets by region, for example Seattle, Eastside, Snohomish, South King/PierceCounty and the peninsula. Solicit a responsible member in each of those regions to collect the packets from Rich and take on distribution of the packets in their area. Each distributor creates a thread on the board for their region, listing the board handles of members whose packets they have in their possession. The distributors have a variety of options for getting the packets in members' hands:

Members in the region can arrange a meetup with their regional distributor
Regional distributors post on event threads when they will be attending club event and can bring packets with them.
Regional distributors can create their own solutions that work for them and the members in their area- have members come to them, host a meetup for packet pickup, etc.

Who volunteers to manage the European region and get our newest member from Scotland his packet :happy57:

sunstar557
07-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Sorry I tried to find info on joining. Would you mind posting that link?

Too late to join and get a package? No worries, I just want to join and boost your membership.

On a side note, if anyone is interested in joining for this ride August 17 to Mt St Helens:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/29-north-west/371785-all-italian-bike-ride.html

TCS
07-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Sorry I tried to find info on joining. Would you mind posting that link?

Too late to join and get a package? No worries, I just want to join and boost your membership.

On a side note, if anyone is interested in joining for this ride August 17 to Mt St Helens:

Not too late to join at all! DesmoNorthwest is the only factory recognized Ducati Owners Club in the area. By joining, you'll be registered with Ducati as an owners club member.

The instructions for joining are found on THIS THREAD (http://www.desmonorthwest.com/forums/showthread.php?14949-How-to-Become-a-DesmoNorthwest-%28and-DOC%29-Member&p=171175#post171175). It's a little cumbersome, but let's forgive Ducati for being better at building bikes than designing membership registration processes :rolleyes:

Also check out the calendar (http://www.desmonorthwest.com/forums/calendar.php)for upcoming meetups, rides, and other events. See you soon!

Todd
DNW Secretary

JCM5
07-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Distribution shouldn't fall squarely on the shoulders of one person. Especially Rich, who already has more than enough DNW irons in the fire. I will also argue that members should bear some responsibility for getting their packet. To that end, here's my suggestion:

Group the packets by region, for example Seattle, Eastside, Snohomish, South King/PierceCounty and the peninsula. Solicit a responsible member in each of those regions to collect the packets from Rich and take on distribution of the packets in their area. Each distributor creates a thread on the board for their region, listing the board handles of members whose packets they have in their possession. The distributors have a variety of options for getting the packets in members' hands:

Regional distributors post on event threads when they will be attending club event and can bring packets with them.
Regional distributors can create their own solutions that work for them and the members in their area- have members come to them, host a meetup for packet pickup, etc.

Who volunteers to manage the European region and get our newest member from Scotland his packet :happy57:

+1. Rich does a lot for us already.

I sometimes struggle to find the time to make it to all of our club events, but would be happy to volunteer to handle distribution for the Eastside if we wanted to go that route. I live about 5-10 minutes from Ducati Bellevue.

goayala
07-07-2014, 01:25 PM

i think i started a thread about this a couple months ago...

if it comes down to individuals distributing, count me in for south sound. I'm in Auburn so I could do a lot of the dirty work in this area and tacoma!

Guiseppe
07-07-2014, 02:14 PM
Keeping in mind that we do not have a membership fee or yearly dues I also think that as a member it is a part of our responsibility.

If I could not make arrangements to pickup my package, Bike Night or meet up at a dealership, I would not have a problem with sending payment or postage to have the package mailed to me.

crfracer96
07-07-2014, 02:55 PM

I will cover peninsula if needed.

Rich Quarre
07-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Great ideas, thank you! Splitting them into regions sounds feasible and might be worth a try. Honestly, the other thing that is making this more difficult than it should be is that I have Membership Packages for people how aren't really participating on any level and don't know their packages exist. I'll work on that problem as we go, but thanks again for the suggestions.

As a start, I've attached a searchable .pdf file with everyone's name on it who has a Membership Package waiting for them. Use the "find" function with your name. I will be at home all afternoon tomorrow, at The Ridge all day on Wednesday, and most likely at the South Sound Motorcycles Bike Night on Wednesday evening (on the early side). Let me know if you'll be at The Ridge or SSM on Wednesday and I'll bring your Memebership Package. Other than that in the near term, give me a call and we can meet up somewhere.

Eugene, you have a package! :happy57:

Rich
four two five eight three zero seven nine five three.