PDA

View Full Version : Joining Desmonorthwest

Rojo Grande
07-25-2005, 03:31 PM
I am confused about joining Desmo Northwest-what do I do? I read on Ducati.com that if I purchased a new bike after 2001, I would be automatically joined up to DOC. If so, what do I need to do join here locally? So far I have not received the secret handshake. Please help. Thanks

Sport Twins Forever

Torben
07-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Welcome aboard!
So, since you've posted, now you are a member of Desmo Northwest. To be clear, this community has a somewhat dual personality.
The first being the forums which you have found, and the associated social and technical exchange aspect. There's lots to do and see as well as lots of rides and events upcoming.

The other side is the more formal DOC, which is our sanctioned Desmo Owners' Club under the parent DOC from Italia. More formal in the sense that there's a Board of Directors, a Charter, we are a registered non-profit etc etc. By paying the small sum of $30 per year in membership dues, you can join the DOC, gain access to additional segments of the forums, gain access to local and regional retailer discounts, receive preferential pricing on hosted events and if that's not enough, feel good in that you're helping to support the operation of this very community.

That, in a nutshell is the deal. More information on our Ducati sanctioned DOC can be found in this section http://www.desmonorthwest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

So, tell us about yourself. Life ambitions, goals, aspirations, dreams etc :happy57:

Or, whadya ride and where do ya live?