PDA

View Full Version : Web Master Position

Rich Quarre
09-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Our long time web master, Dan Crouch, is leaving the part-time web mastering business to pursue a new full time gig. Dan has done a tremendous job keeping our DNW site up and running, helping with new member registrations, and taking care of the various graphics and sponsor advertisements. Sometimes, that's no small feat! Please join me in extending a huge "Thank You" to Dan for his years of work so that we may enjoy this excellent web forum.

Unfortunately, that also means that we need a new web master. It's a paid position. We want to have someone who is well versed and competent with the vBulletin forum software we are using. Related skills should include PHP programming, mySQL database administration, FTP file transfers, domain management, and server control panel familiarity.

I have no idea what most of that is, but that's why we need a web master.:)

If you, or someone you may know, is interested in the position, please contact me through either a pm or at president@desmonorthwest.com

Thank you.

Rich

sunsgirl
09-20-2014, 10:21 AM
Thank you Dan!

I have someone who's worked for me in creating web type portals for a years. He's actually built some pretty cool stuff that Oracle wants me to use for another Gartner. He works full time for another company, I have some hours a week from him. He's very fast and efficient - I'll check to see if he has some time and what the cost is.

Rich Quarre
10-08-2014, 11:15 PM
UPDATE....

As I mentioned in the first post, a few weeks back our long-time Master Webmaster Dan Crouch let me know that he needed to move on to pursue a new position. Again, I want to personally thank Dan for his years of work and effort in keeping our DNW forum site up and running. That task has not always been easy. I also want to thank Dan for showing great refrain and patience with me over the last year as I tried to get up to speed as an administrator/president. Best of luck Dan, and know that you'll always be a welcome part of the DNW community.

With the webmaster position being opened up, I was hoping that we could find someone local and knowledgeable to fill Dan's large shoes.

I am super pleased to introduce Gabe Ayala (goayala) as our new webmaster. Gabe, thank you for stepping up and volunteering to help out the club. :bowdown: As a side note, Gabe is also taking on the same role for Wmrra.

Next time you see Gabe and his Sport Classic or SS, please make sure you thank him for his help.

Dan337
10-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Kind of ironic that 8 hours after you posted this message the website crashed!! Thanks for everyone's patience this morning.

And thank you for the kind send off Rich. It's been great to give back to the local Ducati community and I appreciate the understanding as I refocus priorities moving ahead.

Hopefully I'll be able get to the Seattle IMS show and say hi to everyone. Take care,

dc

Jeremy
10-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the past help Dan...both here and with WMRRA! :bowdown:

...and you're the man Gabe!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

theeug7
10-09-2014, 10:59 AM
CHEERS AND THANK YOU!!!!!:happycheers:

Bong
10-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Dan and Gabe.....Thanks for stepping up and keeping DNW running smoothly! :cool2: