PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP and WSBK tomorrow

Rich Quarre
04-18-2015, 10:44 PM
Looks like Andrea Iannone qualified the GP15 in 4th and Dovi in 6th for the Argentine GP. MM looks incredibly fast.

Davies put the Panigale in the 4th position on the Dutch SBK grid. Should be another good race.

GO DUCATI! :happy44:

JohnM
04-19-2015, 12:34 AM
So if Rossi and Lorenzo and Stoner and Pedrosa are the "aliens", what is Marquez? He's on an entire different level even from them.

Qatar was another example of "anything can happen come race day" and perhaps they will be short 1 engine after this qualifying, so i wouldnt say he's Champ yet, but Marquez seems so far out of reach. I didn't really follow motogp during the meat of Rossi's supremecy. Did it feel like this? I just don't see anyone taking a fight to Marquez on even footing at the moment.

I wonder if its going to be another generational thing like it was with Rossi. A group of younger kids who grow up watching Marquez style and adopt it and move it forward and who don't see him as unstoppable. Or maybe he's genuinely special and there won't be anyone like him for a while. Maybe Michelin's will change everything but Marquez is already so capable of riding a bike beyond the limit that I bet the change favors him most. Austin seemed to demonstrate that he doesn't need a perfect bike by any means, at least for 1 lap anyway.

Iannone doesn't seem to have a strategy for being successful past lap 16, and Dovi is good, but I've never seen him make a hard pass like Marquez makes, and I think that aggressive "what are you gonna do about it" mentality is what its going to take. Nice to see the ducs up front though for a change

Also its so nice to hear the Panigale exhaust note in WSBK, and good luck to Davies! I'm finding that WSBK doesn't have the same sense of drama, but there's more close racing and its nice to see the different bikes and more varied riding styles and lines.

JCM5
04-19-2015, 07:53 AM
I wonder if its going to be another generational thing like it was with Rossi. A group of younger kids who grow up watching Marquez style and adopt it and move it forward and who don't see him as unstoppable.

I think so. I think this is the nature of progression in most sports....up and comers will emulate their idols, and now that they are being shown how Marc can ride a motorcycle, that is their baseline from a young age. It's not normal for us because we have a different baseline....

Example: When I was riding dirt bikes growing up, guys that could do a "superman air" were at the top of the pyramid. A back flip on a motorcycle was generally accepted as being impossible. These days if you can't do a back flip you won't even be competitive. A bunch of guys are doing doubles now, and this kid is about to attempt a TRIPLE: http://www.dirtrider.com/features/first-ever-triple-backflip-on-a-motorcycle-is-coming/

All this to say, yes, I think in another 10-15 years (maybe less), there will be a "new Marc" that blows our minds all over again.

Rich Quarre
04-19-2015, 11:55 AM
Awesome racing in both race 1 & 2 from Assen. :thumbup:

Rich Quarre
04-19-2015, 02:57 PM
Wow, what a great MotoGP race. :thumbup:

Guiseppe
04-19-2015, 03:29 PM
Sorry, I missed all this. I was distracted by the Legends Football game. :cool2:

Rich Quarre
04-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Don't want to be a spoiler, but if you guys haven't watched the MotoGP race from Argentina, I strongly suggest that you do.

kurtfriedrich
04-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Don't want to be a spoiler, but if you guys haven't watched the MotoGP race from Argentina, I strongly suggest that you do.

:confused6 :confused6 :confused6