View Full Version : 2016 Diavel Carbon "A darkened beast from Hell"

TCS
09-22-2015, 08:29 AM
Me like!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoDLqP_C0hM

kurtfriedrich
09-22-2015, 08:52 AM
Me like ... to see you on it!!

Me not like the add, why constrain a bike like that to a downtown urban mess?
Should have been shot in the country.

BamBam
09-22-2015, 11:28 AM
I'd buy one and ride it in town if it made Seattle downtown look like that. i.e. no traffic!!

ewok1
09-22-2015, 02:48 PM
I like the ad fine. I think the motorcycle is ridiculous. But if it gets people riding or fits the bill for someone, I support it. I guess.

ed

Rich Quarre
09-22-2015, 06:29 PM
I like it. It's an awesome machine for someone looking for that type of bike. Geez, I do believe that one of our very own (Kurt) has owned his fair share of cruisers....:cool2:

BurnR8
09-23-2015, 02:20 PM
Not having a new one, I cannot speak to the 2016...but owning a Diavel has been a blast. I bought my Carbon because I got a great price (used) and I was going to ride it a bit and then just sell it....well 2k miles later (all this summer), I have to say I LOVE the bike. The handling is effortless, the power is ridiculous (mapped and termi's), and it is unbelievably comfortable relative to my Superbikes. When I first saw the bike in 2011...I was not a fan...but get some seat time and it will convert you. Easily in the top five of all the bikes I have owned over the years....:cool2:

ewok1
09-24-2015, 07:35 AM
In my own perverted way I was hoping to generate discussion like this. I'll go ride one.

ed

kurtfriedrich
09-24-2015, 09:11 AM
I rode one once for about 50 miles in the country.

I am not a fan of the appearance. Its ok, but it doesn't get my heat thumping like the 999 or 1198.

I do not like the foot pegs. They are too far forward to let you ride the bike like a monster with the balls of tour feet on the pegs, and they are not far enough forward to ride it like a cruiser.

BUT

I was amazed at how well it handles and the engine is absolutely fantastic.
If there was a quick fix for the peg position, I'd be very tempted to buy one.

Austen
09-25-2015, 11:30 AM
Cool video!

They are cool bikes and true to Ducati form, the Diavel left a riding impression on me that I'll never forget. :cool2:

Even though modeled as one in many ways, it did not have the same feeling as a cruiser. It was something else. The power and the handling was not of a cruiser. The riding position was comfortable, with a fair reach to the bars as I remember. You sit up taller than a typical cruiser with higher foot pegs to allow additional cornering clearance. What set it apart the most was the handling. It felt extremely well balanced and was quite agile and light. Definitely not the receipt of your typical cruiser.

Despite its intimating demeanor, I found it actually very easy to ride. The steering is a lot lighter than a heavy weight and it loves the corner. The power, simply intoxicating.

Picture a sport bike mated to a cruiser. That's the Diavel.