PDA

View Full Version : Changes...

Rich Quarre
10-21-2015, 09:13 AM
Hi all,

After much thought and deliberation, I've decided to step down from the DNW presidency after this term is up.

There are a number of things going on in my life which are beginning to take additional amounts of my time.

My folks live in Kirkland and are in their mid 80's. They're generally doing well, but they are requiring much more of my time these days. I consider it an honor, duty, and privilege to be able to help them. Unfortunately, my Dad's health hasn't been as good recently, and neither one is driving any longer which has put some additional demands on Connie and me. Trying to coordinate their needs and appointments with my work schedule has been a bit challenging.

Second, Connie and I will begin spending much more time over at Lake Chelan starting in the near future. Some of you know that we'd lived over there part time about a decade ago, and have really missed it ever since. With our kids grown, out of college and on their own, we decided to make Lake Chelan part of our lives again. The downside is that I just won't have the time available to do a proper job of fulfilling the role of DNW President.

As strike three, I think it would be good for the club to get some new, fresh ideas and enthusiasm from a new President. I'm very proud of what we did these past two years in resurrecting the club. I just don't want my lack of time or focus to set the club back again. There's a lot more fun to be had, and the opportunity exists to make DNW an even better, more vibrant club.

I plan to remain very active in the club and in riding, hopefully even more so.

Thanks everyone for your support and enthusiasm for all things Ducati.

Look for another post to open the election process with nomination submissions.

Cheers,

Rich

ewok1
10-21-2015, 09:35 AM
thanks man. you did a great job. and now you'll be closer to coeur d'Alene. we might meet.

ed

JCM5
10-21-2015, 10:02 AM
Thanks Rich.

You have been and I'm sure will long be an exemplary representative of our group!

kurtfriedrich
10-21-2015, 10:09 AM
Hard to imagine a better Pres. Great job and thanks very much.

Bong
10-21-2015, 01:26 PM
Pretty dang big shoes to fill....THANK YOU for being an excellent ambassador for DNW!

Good luck with this next chapter in your life and have fun over in Chelan.

Austen
10-21-2015, 06:25 PM
Pretty dang big shoes to fill....THANK YOU for being an excellent ambassador for DNW!

Good luck with this next chapter in your life and have fun over in Chelan.

Ditto.

It's hard not to think of Rich when you think of DNW.

I haven't been a member for as long as many other people here, but as long as I have, Rich has always been the rock of DNW. A funny story that I'll never forget is when I first joined and was having some accessibility issues posting on the forum- this was before Rich was even president of the club. Rich was the one that I reached out to at the time because I had actually assumed that he was the president/leader of the club! I think that speaks for itself in a lot of ways. He has always gone the extra mile to make people feel welcome and inviting new faces into the club.

You will be hard to replace, my friend. Thanks for all that you've done and please don't be a stranger around here.

Congrats on the exciting new prospects too! :)

Rich Quarre
10-21-2015, 08:15 PM
Thanks for all the kind words guys. Much appreciated.

DucPac
10-22-2015, 06:37 PM
Rich,
I wish you all the best in your new adventures/challenges! I can absolutely relate to your position and reasons for passing the baton. You did an incredible job in getting this club moving once again in the right direction! I was proud to work with you and the other officers as well as the entire membership.

All the best and I hope to see you out on the "line" one of these days!

Don

ducmons
10-22-2015, 10:20 PM
Thanks for leading the "clack clack" pack.

martys
10-22-2015, 10:51 PM
thanks for all you've done promoting the club Rich, you excelled at the roll and we are better off for it.

now there's no excuse for you to miss the Nelson Rally given you'll be halfway there already :-)

JeremyRunge
10-26-2015, 12:40 AM
Thank you for everything you have done bUt I understand family will and should always come first.

sunstar557
10-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Thanks Rich for being a great leader and promoter of this club. I'm sure we'll miss you at the helm but glad that you'll still be involved!

BamBam
10-27-2015, 10:45 PM
Thanks for all the work you've done for the club Rich.
Things have picked up a lot in this forum since you took the helm.
Those are some big boots to fill!!