PDA

View Full Version : Italian Concours d' Elelgance this weekend

flyingducman
08-29-2005, 05:16 PM
It has come to my attention, on relatively short-notice, that the Italian Concours d' Elelgance Italian car, motocycle, scooter and bicycle contest and show will take place in Seattle this weekend, on Sunday, September 4th. It will held on Lake Union.

Although the DOC is not a sponsor (Ducati Seattle is listed as a sponsor), and won't have a formal club presence, members are encouraged to visit the event website Italian Concours d' Elelgance (http://www.italianconcours.org/) for complete information.

Members may enter their Italian motocycles for an entry fee of $20.00 thru this Wednesday, and $30.00 after that. The event is looking primarily for "stock" machines for the contest. Modified machines may enter the show, but will not be judged, according to the website. Please review all of the information posted at the site if interested in the details.

General admission to the event to view the machines on display is just $5.00. This sounds like a very reasonably-priced way to enjoy at least a part of your Sunday. Again, check-out their website for details.

Perhaps members could organize their own groups, and ride-down together for lunch :happy44: ???

Dave R
08-29-2005, 05:26 PM
I brought up this event about a week or two ago, we would invite as many as 6 DesmoNW bikes to join us in our booth for the day.. We can set up Saturday night so if some of you want to you could either roll in in the early AM on Sunday or drop off Sat night at DS and we will get the bike in there. So far only one DNW member has come forward. How about one from each family ? SS, SBK, M, MTS and ST ?? maybe even a specialty like MHe or ?
I believe we have a 749 already ? or it may be an MV ? so let's hear who's interested. One note of caution, you may not be able to be judged in the contest if you are in a "sponsors" booth ??? I will find out for sure tomorrow when I talk to the organizers again. Not sure about the whole deal if it is pouring :confused:

TDAdams
08-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Dave, if you need a red 749s with some nice mods I'll make mine available. :happy57:

Roadstergal
08-29-2005, 07:36 PM
Hmm.

Do you think my Italian machine would stand a chance?

http://www.roadstergal.info/6_23_05/39.jpg

foggy123
08-29-2005, 09:20 PM
if you need a monster let me know.

limey
08-29-2005, 09:42 PM
If your interested I have a modified 620 Matrix that actually cleans up quite well. Ask Bill at DS they did the mods or pm me. Either way Ill be down for a look. cheers :happy36:

Bones
08-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Crap, I can't make it to this and shoot for you guys like I did for the Children's Ride. Damn regular job

Holeshot
08-29-2005, 10:57 PM
Man, if you need a really cool looking Cagiva.. let me know.. :)

EX:
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8097/734/1600/gran.canyon.first.ride.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8097/734/1600/sbnw.01.jpg

PS. I can unbolt the tail-bag bracket. :)

Eddy
08-30-2005, 08:15 AM
Would love to swing by but unfortunately I will be in the Hamptons this weekend partying w/ the likes of Kirsten Dunst, The Gyllenhals and Jessica Alba :( :) :evilgrin3

flyingducman
08-30-2005, 08:21 AM
Guys/gals, WE do not need your bike.

Ducati Seattle, and Dave Roosevelt, may want it and has asked our members to volunteer their bikes to be displayed in his/their sponsor booth. Please review Dave's post above, and CONTACT DAVE IF YOU WANT YOUR BIKE DISPLAYED IN HIS BOOTH. I'm assuming this would be for DUCATI'S.

You may also enter your bike in this show/contest as an individual. I attached the entry form for your convenience, and included a link to the event's website. The website contains all the info you'll need to decide if you want to enter your bike, or just show-up as a spectator.

And again, this could be a great destination for smaller, DOC member group-rides to Seattle. Italian food will be available, so why not make it a lunch destination :happy44: for your group?

foggy123
08-30-2005, 08:21 AM
Man, if you need a really cool looking Cagiva.. let me know.. :)

EX:
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8097/734/1600/gran.canyon.first.ride.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8097/734/1600/sbnw.01.jpg

PS. I can unbolt the tail-bag bracket. :)

Holeshot- You need matching leathers!!!

Holeshot
08-30-2005, 09:27 AM
Holeshot- You need matching leathers!!!

Yeah..... yeah.. I know... but then they would not match the 998. OH, you mena two sets.. gotcha!!! :)

BTW.. it has a Ducati engine.. doesn't that count? :evilgrin3

Dave R
08-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Greg, I don't think there are any misunderstandings here....?? Yes we are inviting people into the Ducati Seattle booth.... I am clarifying the order of the day as far as who needs to pay an entry and register their rides and who don't. Bikes placed in our booth can be in the judging as well. I will define this in a few minutes regarding pre registration. Also I have a free entry tickets for those who choose to let us display their pride and joy.. Please call or e mail direct with any more questions ! thanks guys/gals !!
Dave R
droosevelt@ducatiseattle.com
or
206 298-9995

Guys/gals, WE do not need your bike.

Ducati Seattle, and Dave Roosevelt, may want it and has asked our members to volunteer their bikes to be displayed in his/their sponsor booth. Please review Dave's post above, and CONTACT DAVE IF YOU WANT YOUR BIKE DISPLAYED IN HIS BOOTH. I'm assuming this would be for DUCATI'S.

You may also enter your bike in this show/contest as an individual. I attached the entry form for your convenience, and included a link to the event's website. The website contains all the info you'll need to decide if you want to enter your bike, or just show-up as a spectator.

And again, this could be a great destination for smaller, DOC member group-rides to Seattle. Italian food will be available, so why not make it a lunch destination :happy44: for your group?

flyingducman
08-31-2005, 05:17 PM
Another attraction, this one down-the-road, and out-of-state...but maybe of interest to some of our members. See attachment.

Anybody going to the Sunday event in Seattle?

Anybody hook-up with Dave R of Ducati Seattle to show-case their bike(s) in their sponsor-booth?

foggy123
09-01-2005, 08:46 AM
I'll be there w/ Dave. A friend of mine signed up his 888. Anybody else?

flyingducman
09-04-2005, 07:53 AM
THIS EVENT IS TODAY :happy44: ...FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING.