PDA

View Full Version : Windjammer - who sells it?

lll0228
09-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Even with earplugs I still think it's too noisy in my Shoei. I found this Windjammer thing reviewed and apparently it works, but does anyone sell it locally? Anything similar?

Windjammer II (http://www.proline-sports.co.uk/acatalog/UK_Wind_jammer_21.html)

LittleMeanWolf
09-07-2005, 12:15 AM
Haven't seen one of those. I know on my Arai much of the noise comes from the side plates which cover the visor hinges. Can't think of *too* much one can do about that.

Earplugs work pretty well for me however.

Sharkey
09-07-2005, 06:43 AM
I know I saw a guy at the CBSBC a month or two back. I will email a contact at Cyclebarn see if he is familiar with it. Get back to yah.

I am with Leo, I ride early and it would be nice to not be so cold and reduce the noise in my head. I could hear the voices more clearly that way.

Simon

Jeremy
09-07-2005, 08:03 AM
I think Alex (SeattleStallion) bought one and hated it because it kept slipping off the helmet. Maybe PM him.

gw6
09-07-2005, 12:31 PM
I think on the Shoei's most of the noise originates from the neck. I have an RF-1000 and I can increase and decrease the wind noise significantly by pretending I have no neck. Meaning, using my jacket to suck up close to the base of the helmet. Not that I ride around that way or anything.

I would imagine some type of helmet attached turtle neck would fix the problem. Probably would look dumb as can be but it's all in how it's presented.