PDA

View Full Version : New gixxers

UKDuc
09-16-2005, 12:44 PM
You have probably seen this, but just in case:

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewBikeCatalogue/2006/suzuki/road/gsx-r600/gsx-r600_2006_rhf_blue_rhf_700p.jpg

Isn't it interesting how everyone is going away from underseat to these short chubbies! I think it is a move in the right direction....

Nathan Reynolds
09-17-2005, 10:28 AM
Sheesh...who decides what paint schemes they're going to use. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Rotten Randy
09-19-2005, 10:12 AM
The 750 could very well be the track bike that replaces my fat pig of a RC51. Love the way the tail and swingarm looks, and the stubby exhaust has got to save a few lbs. Suzuki is going to sell alot of these bikes especially since the 750 is rumored to have 150 hp and should come in around 430 lbs wet....

Torben
09-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Still looks like a bug with bad color schemes. I guess that's secondary to speed though.
I'm sure you'll be seeing lots of squids on those in the coming months since they can't afford a decent bike :p

Bong
09-19-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm sure you'll be seeing lots of squids on those in the coming months since they can't afford a decent bike :p

Wow, with shots like that we're going to uphold our reputation as being snobs :evilgrin3

killer bee
09-19-2005, 07:55 PM
oh yeah!!!!! i spoke to randy at aurora and he will be setting one aside for me in march for my 600!!! duc was sweet but cant wait to get back on a i-4! :D

UKDuc
09-19-2005, 10:40 PM
I'd consider a 750 for racing next year - will have to sell the R6s first though...

flyingducman
09-19-2005, 10:47 PM
...seeing lots of squids on those in the coming months...I've seen this term used quite a bit on the site...what is the actual definition of a "squid", if there is one...anybody know?

Torben
09-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Squid - see pix or instances of rider doing wheelies, lane splitting, stunts or other unsafe riding practices. recent posts depict such activities . . . :indiffere

Tom
09-20-2005, 08:40 AM
I've seen this term used quite a bit on the site...what is the actual definition of a "squid", if there is one...anybody know?

The one I've heard is Surely Quicker Until I Die.

Tom

Jim is Cool
09-20-2005, 09:09 AM
Squid Purity Test (http://www.wetleather.com/pages/squidpurity.html)

ducmons
09-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Squid Purity Test (http://www.wetleather.com/pages/squidpurity.html)

LOL. That's great. :sign20:

pkclark1
09-20-2005, 04:03 PM
I've seen this term used quite a bit on the site...what is the actual definition of a "squid", if there is one...anybody know?

Squid - Acronym, SQUirrely kID. 1. In reference to younger MC riders with little respect to posted speed limit laws, self safety or safety of others. 2. Inexperienced newcomer, someone trying to ride beyond his skill level with arms flailing (like a squid) to try not to fall. This may be just a Southern term. 3. Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Imminantly Dead. 4 Any SportBike Rider - seems this term got twisted along the way and has many meanings. 5 Sportbike riders who wear tennis shoes or flip flops, shorts, tshirts, etc. on their nice shiny new sport bikes. 6 Anyone that rides without all proper gear , rides recklessly, or rides beyond their limits.

Pretty much covers it. My favorite is #3 :evilgrin3

Jim is Cool
09-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Number 5 is generally known as a "Human Crayon"

kamran
09-20-2005, 05:12 PM
Back to the topic of gixxers, etc...
I just saw the new R1 LE on 2-wheel Tuesday. Couldn't find the MSRP on Yamaha's web site! It would be very interesting to see what the MSRP is going to be if they are trying to produce a Duc-like track ready bike that has all the goodies that a high end Duc has? It has lap timer, forged Aluminum wheels & slipper clutch with Ohlin suspension... :rolleyes:

UKDuc
09-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Back to the topic of gixxers, etc...
I just saw the new R1 LE on 2-wheel Tuesday. Couldn't find the MSRP on Yamaha's web site! It would be very interesting to see what the MSRP is going to be if they are trying to produce a Duc-like track ready bike that has all the goodies that a high end Duc has? It has lap timer, forged Aluminum wheels & slipper clutch with Ohlin suspension... :rolleyes:

Oooooh - that would actually be pretty frickin cool track tool. I think that with the popularity of club racing and track days it may well be a good thing to start adding on the trick parts from the factory. A number of car manufacturers make either purpose built track cars or stripped down cars for track days/racing - hopefully we will see more of that from the motorcycle manufacturers....

I think it would be cool if bike builders would convert brand new bikes from the factory for all the popular club racer classes and sell them ready to go, so you could buy a fully worked superstock R6 with full safety wiring, suspension tuning, engine work, race plastic, etc etc. Is that a ridiculous idea? :rolleyes:

Mat
09-20-2005, 06:13 PM

I am sure that I will be corrected but while 'squid' has come to mean in the modern parlance, 'high speed organ donor' (brain not suitable for transplant!), I believe that the term comes from one of the So. Cal. track schools (Keith Code?). A squid was someone that had gone through the training and passed....but has never raced.
Memory is not my strong suit, but I am pretty sure that is the origin of 'Squid'
Hawt Dawg

kamran
09-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Oooooh - that would actually be pretty frickin cool track tool. I think that with the popularity of club racing and track days it may well be a good thing to start adding on the trick parts from the factory. - hopefully we will see more of that from the motorcycle manufacturers....

Well, they are doing this for their 50th anniversary. Limited to 500 for the US. It'll have the Rossi's Laguna Seca's yellow/black color. The price will be announced on Sept 28th... and that's what I'm curious about???

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/model360/499/0/360.aspx

kamran
09-20-2005, 08:14 PM
The Euro version is painted in black. It's called R1 SP in Europe:
http://www.yamaha-motor.it/products/Motocicli/supersport/supersport_overview.jsp

Jim is Cool
09-21-2005, 08:31 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the LE price will be around 18K.

Rotten Randy
09-21-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the LE price will be around 18K.

I've heard $15k somethin....

kamran
09-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Hot off the press:

$18,000 (50th Anniversary Yellow/Black) Available from December 2005

UKDuc
09-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Hot off the press:

$18,000 (50th Anniversary Yellow/Black) Available from December 2005

Ok, well I think I'll wait for the 51st anniversary model then..... :happy57:

Jim is Cool
09-29-2005, 10:16 AM