PDA

View Full Version : Nasty accident

wwahl
09-25-2005, 07:13 PM
I was coming towards Renton on 405 betweem exit #1 and #2. All the westbound lanes were closed as the police were measuring where the motorcyclist got hit. It was a white J. bike with a blue racing stripe. The time was about 5:00 PM.
Ciao!
Bill

tone
09-25-2005, 10:56 PM
I saw the aftermath as well. it looked like a blue/white suzuki gsxr type. The front end was caved in and the side fairings were ripped off. also just pass the renton s-curves in the middle of the backup caused by the previous accident i saw a tall harley rider staggering around the lhs lane of i405 (southbound). his bike was on the ground behind him.

it was surreal (especially after seeing the aftermath of yet another car wreck near the 405, i-90 interchange a little later). after all of that i just wanted to get home and get my monster in the garage without getting in a wreck.

Bones
09-25-2005, 11:00 PM
No more wrecks this year PLEASE!!!!!

lll0228
09-26-2005, 12:02 AM
:( Don't want to hear that, really.

I was in my cage today, and this Harley boy decided to run into my lane, without signal (hand or electrical). WTF was he thinking? He tried to ride it like it's an agile sportbike (when it wasn't), I am quite positive that he is asking for trouble soon. I braked so hard the car behind me almost hit me. He almost ran into my fender (yep, I was in his "blind spot"), he didn't even bother to turn his head to look.

Please please please be careful out there and don't repeat what I saw today. Leave the fast riding to the track, please...

kamran
09-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Well, if you wanted to see Hardly's running into each other, you should have done the Oyster Run!

On my way over, about a couple of miles before Anacortes, the road was completely blocked with aid and police cars. Finally, after most bikers made their way through on the shoulder, etc ... there was a really bad reck with a few Hardlys all smashed up! After I got through all that mess, about a mile further (one mile before town), another Hardly was down!!!... and I went the Marine View Drive along Puget Sound to avoid all the mess... hate to think how many recks there really were if I had tried the more popular route??? Well, after I left town to head home.... guess what? About a couple of miles out of town, another Hardly down!!! :confused: :confused:

The whole time I was in a slow moving traffic while we were inching our way, the Hardlys just couldn't keep a straight line, they were swerving left and right trying to go a slow pace behind traffic!!! I was like, get the hell away from me... you are going to drop your bike and you are going to drop it on me... :scared10:

What a zoo....If you want to see bunch of over the hill, smelly, smoking, out of shape uglies in leathers... Oyster Run is the place to be!

Apostate
09-26-2005, 10:30 AM
The whole time I was in a slow moving traffic while we were inching our way, the Hardlys just couldn't keep a straight line, they were swerving left and right trying to go a slow pace behind traffic!!!I imagine more than a few of them had tipped a few back before throwing a leg over for the ride home.

If you want to see bunch of over the hill, smelly, smoking, out of shape uglies in leathers...That's hot, m'kay! :scared10:

LittleMeanWolf
09-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Well, if you wanted to see Hardly's running into each other...

...If you want to see bunch of over the hill, smelly, smoking, out of shape uglies in leathers... Oyster Run is the place to be!

Precisely why I didn't bother to go - 2 things I despise, oysters and Hardlys.

bob wells
09-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Precisely why I didn't bother to go - 2 things I despise, oysters and Hardlys.

Your limiting yourself man!
Shellfish are good! Besides that you could have had a salad or a hot dog they were there too. Anyway, I can understand why someone would want to avoid the crowds. :scared10:

LittleMeanWolf
09-26-2005, 08:48 PM
... you could have had a salad or a hot dog ...

Teehee. You don't know me too well. ;)

Say it with me "Car-ni-vore" =)

Bill Anderson
09-26-2005, 09:36 PM
I heard from a good source there were five serious accidents at the Oyster Run, about the same number as when I went there in 2003. Once was enough.