PDA

View Full Version : Poor Torben

Dave R
05-25-2004, 10:10 PM
Has anyone else been following this thread on Speedzilla.. http://speedzilla.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=27292
Now Torben has asked that question "So, how do I make the new toy work even better? More HP is needed I think" :D :D :D

Torben
05-25-2004, 10:17 PM
Yeah it's a rough life having such an appreciated and well crafted machine.
Now I need to be able to push it to it's limit and beyond!
Have I mentioned I'm obsessed with obtaining the best I can afford?

mike
05-26-2004, 08:15 AM
I hear you'll get another 10 RWHP by removing those gas tank warning stickers! =)

Torben
05-26-2004, 08:50 AM
Yes, yes those stickers are off. :p Except for the pesky one about overfilling the tank. The pics were taken within minutes of the new machine arriving home. There are more shots of the bike in the photo gallery for those who would like to see more.

Curt999
05-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Gotta say I have not been a fan of any of the darks until I saw a 749D in Silver lake the other morning. Seeing this one has really changed my perception. Nice job Dave. Great looking bike T.

Torben
05-26-2004, 09:08 AM
I must say I loved the Dark the very first time I rubbed up against one.
Dave took it to the next level with this machine. Since it's raining I get no play today, but I may poke my head in my garage every now and then. . .

lll0228
05-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I know you "rubbed" the 749... Karen caught you shxgging one at DucSea. LOL :D

Torben
05-26-2004, 02:14 PM
Just to be clear, that was an "S" I was, well, standing very close to, not a dark.
Heck of a first day for Karen though don't you think? :rolleyes:

darkduc
06-02-2004, 11:22 PM
I have a new 749D and I live in Silver Lake! I bought it just about a month ago and commute every day on it to Seattle. LOVE IT!

Have you guys seen the HUGE photo of the 749D with the hot girl on it at DS? That's MY bike! Woo Hoo!

:D

Gotta say I have not been a fan of any of the darks until I saw a 749D in Silver lake the other morning. Seeing this one has really changed my perception. Nice job Dave. Great looking bike T.

Torben
06-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Yeah I saw that :D I want a poster of that in a big bad way.
Jason sold it to a guy in south king county - can't remember the city tho.
What a great pic tho

darkduc
06-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Torben?

What do you mean? Rain != no play! You just have to be practicle and understand that rain does funny things to rubber tires and brake pads. That is, of course, assuming you don't mind getting a little wet...

I must say I loved the Dark the very first time I rubbed up against one.
Dave took it to the next level with this machine. Since it's raining I get no play today, but I may poke my head in my garage every now and then. . .

Torben
06-02-2004, 11:27 PM
See previous post about terminal velocity :(
Honestly I took it out in a pouring rain storm on Sunday and it was not too bad. I see guys in WSBK and Moto GP doing crazy stuff in the rain so I know it's physically possible. I think I'm more concerned about cleaning up afterwards :)

mike
06-03-2004, 08:27 AM
Just wait 'til you're turning through an intersection and you hit a wet, glossy, oil slicked manhole cover. Then, erm, you'll have *something* to "clean out." =)