PDA

View Full Version : DNW Calendar release Dinner Party feeler

Eddy
10-17-2005, 02:35 PM
The idea of having an "end of season" social has been kicked around and it was suggested that we have it coincide w/ the release of this years DNW Calendar. How many would be interested in attending a DNW Calendar release party/dinner(Location TBD) for 8/29/05? This event would be open to all members. I believe some of the models as well as the artists/production staff will be in attendance. Since getting everyone together in a formal public setting can be quite tricky (especially on a weekend night) maybe it would be a good idea to gather up heads to see who would definitely be interested. Please post up if you plan on attending.

Jeremy
10-17-2005, 02:43 PM
My wife and I would most likely attend...but do you mean 10/29??

Jeremy

Eddy
10-17-2005, 05:12 PM
*CORRECTION*
date is actually 10/29/05

(thx Jeremy ;) )

martino
10-17-2005, 05:41 PM
If Buca di Beppo is to be considered, a room (fitting ~ 40) could be reserved. We might not have enough lead time.

MatrixDon
10-17-2005, 06:59 PM
I'd probably be down for something.

ducmons
10-17-2005, 07:13 PM
i'd also be in for "a night to remember" - quote from Templeton in Charlott's Web. Sorry, that's the only movie I seem to be watching lately. (courtesy of my 18 month old)

flyingducman
10-17-2005, 09:20 PM
Sounds like fun...especially (hopefully :scared10: ) going home with a new calendar :happy44: !

The Italian theme would seem appropriate. It's a cuisine that very few will find something to complain about :eek: . Plus, it's from the same country as our beloved Ducati's :confused1 (and Torben desperately wanted to replace the BBQ with :happy57: ).

Angelo's in Bellevue, just behind Eastside Motosports (and close to the intersection of I405/Hwy 520) has a fairly large room in the back that they use for Toastmaster's etc. Not sure how many can be seated, but it would depend on the affair. Really good authentic Italian food prepared by Ron & Rich Ricci (have catered some ESM events!).

If it was a 'standing' social, a buffet of sorts could be done with anything from appetizers, to a pasta bar. Full-service bar is right next to the big room, and drinks could be ordered individually (no Club responsibility). A late afternoon start might be smart (4'ish) to 5:00 or so for the Calendar Release Party (and those that may have other dinner plans), then dinner afterwards for those that want a full-blown dinner.

Jeez...I'm not the event coordinator anymore, what am I sayingggggggggg :p !

My wife and I would make every effort to attend no matter where it's held(unless we're in Palm Desert that week :D ).

martino
10-17-2005, 11:13 PM
I know very well an owner of an Italin spot in Magnolia (Magnolia Ristorante (http://seattle.citysearch.com/profile/35676372/seatte_wa/magnolia_ristorante.html)) and will contact you (Eddy) with the info. I am fairly sure that something can be reserved in there plus he will keep us in the house for as long as we keep ordering the wine - this actually can get super crazy!!!!

Eddy
10-18-2005, 05:30 AM
After this week we can make a decision as to the venue based on head count and poll feedback. For ristorante options, both Greg and Ian offered up great ideas. I tried calling around to some of the major ones downtown including Beppos and most could not handle such a large gathering. As far as the other venue options, it seems there are quite a few leaning towards more of a lounge type of atmosphere in which case I know of quite of a few hip spots downtown that could host such a gathering. Regards to timeframe, it would most likely be an early evening gathering(5-6pm) for dinner or a later hour if we so choose to go w/ the lounge idea(7-8pm).

Apostate
10-18-2005, 06:11 AM
Count me in, too, although I didn't vote since the venue doesn't much matter to me.

reznor999
10-18-2005, 08:27 AM
Cafe' Veloce could be an option, too. Motorcycle themed and Italian food. Don't know how big of a group they can handle, but I know there's a discount for motorcyclists and motorcycle clubs.

ducmons
10-18-2005, 08:47 AM
Will calendars be ready by that time?
Torben, I know you've been swamped. What ever happened to DesmoNW shirts? Maybe we can get some winter ones done in time for the party where DesmoNW can sell them to us? I'd buy one or two. :rolleyes:

martino
10-18-2005, 11:21 AM
I am not voting either but I am in for whatever we decide.

BTW: Magnolia place is a restaurant and a separate bar (smoking allowed). The restaurant and the owner allow for a full freedom of movement rather than being strict on a more static setting found in other places. It is a rustic peasant taverna type place so ones looking for aristocratic treatment might not be too comfy ;).

Bones
10-18-2005, 11:35 AM
I have seen some pretty large groups at Veloce before

Bong
10-18-2005, 01:07 PM
BTW: Magnolia place is a restaurant and a separate bar (smoking allowed). The restaurant and the owner allow for a full freedom of movement rather than being strict on a more static setting found in other places. It is a rustic peasant taverna type place so ones looking for aristocratic treatment might not be too comfy ;).

I vote for this place...since I live all of 1 block away from it!

CINDESMO
10-18-2005, 01:29 PM
I vote for Magnolia, too. After over-indulging on food and drink we will stumble over to Bong's house and ride pocket bikes and dirt bikes up and down the street until the wee hours of the morning. :evilgrin3

Is this also a Halloween event? :p

ducmons
10-18-2005, 03:09 PM
After over-indulging on food and drink we will stumble over to Bong's house and ride pocket bikes and dirt bikes up and down the street until the wee hours of the morning. :evilgrin3

What a great idea !!!! :happy44:

Eddy
10-18-2005, 04:19 PM
haha that's awesome, after a couple bottles of merlot, have endurance races around Bong's neighborhood, "Isle of Bong TT" or something.

reznor999
10-18-2005, 05:03 PM
haha that's awesome, after a couple bottles of merlot, have endurance races around Bong's neighborhood, "Isle of Bong TT" or something.

Perfect idea!!

Bones
10-18-2005, 05:54 PM
Bongington Park?

swassociates
10-18-2005, 09:30 PM
I'd love to come but my wife has already made plans for us that evening.

martino
10-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Porca miseria!!!!
Angelo's theory of reincarnation must be true or at least its first stage - he desappeared and so did his restaurant - it's closed. Too bad as he was a great cook, story teller, wine companion, and never refused to help.

I think we just need to meet at Bong's place :happy57:.

I vote for this place...since I live all of 1 block away from it!

ducmons
10-18-2005, 11:18 PM
Porca miseria!!!!
Angelo's theory of reincarnation must be true or at least its first stage - he desappeared and so did his restaurant - it's closed. Too bad as he was a great cook, story teller, wine companion, and never refused to help.

Nimodos !! ....ahora hay que tener la fiesta en la casa de Bong.

lll0228
10-18-2005, 11:33 PM
Yes, guys, we should have the calendar by the 29th. It's looking quite positive at the moment!

Bong
10-19-2005, 07:32 AM
You all are more than welcome at Chez Bong, but the boss may have issues with the models coming over too :eek:

Apostate
10-19-2005, 12:53 PM
You all are more than welcome at Chez Bong, but the boss may have issues with the models coming over too :eek:
No worries, Bong. The models were for me, anyway. Weren't they?? :D

LittleMeanWolf
10-20-2005, 01:04 AM
I'm not terribly picky about the choice of venue as long as it can provide good Food and good Drink. We'll find a way to provide good Company ourselves. =)

Eddy
10-20-2005, 07:23 AM
*UPDATE

I took some time this week to call around as well as check out firsthand a couple places and this is what I came up with.

-DeNunzio's(downtown Seattle, 1st and cherry street). This place has got a very cool rustic old school Italian ristorante feel, it's also one of the older italian joints in the area, food seems reasonably priced but i've never had dinner there. Price range $9-$18 Downside is that it is downtown and parking may be an issue and I didn't really see a bar area(just beer and wine) but there is a cool lounge right next door for those inclined, they have space and time to accomdate our group for that night.

-Angelo's(Greg's suggestion, Bellevue) very comfy spot, very straight to the point, I really liked their little bar area(I like drinking) and the staff were warm and friendly, as far as large groups, they require a minimum purchase of $200 for 20+ ppl which isn't that much at all. Price range $11-$25. They too had space/time available.

-Cafe Veloce(Bill's suggestion, Kirkland), I really digged this place. Totally decked out in theme, they've got all kinds of Italian motorcycle/auto memorabilia and even a few old school cafe racers inside the joint. Again, no bar :( but seemed to be stocking an extensive wine and beer menu. Reasonably priced as well $7-$14. They were very receptive of our group and mentioned that they can make time.

*all locations gave me a time window of 5-8pm to arrive, so we have some leeway to schedule the exact hour of meeting.

There were quite a few other places I called around to but none could handle such a large group during their peak hours. I've got one last place I want to check out 2nite, "Ibiza" downtown, this would cater to more of a lounge type setting ppl seemed to favor. In any instance we should have a final location/time set by friday. Just remember that this is for Saturday(10/29/05). If there are any last minute suggestions please drop me a pm and i'll be sure to check it out.

-Ed

Tom
10-20-2005, 08:35 AM
Another group I belong to, Cycle Barn Sport Bike Club meets at Cafe Veloce the first Tuesday of every month and many times during the summer we will have in excess of 60 members. They are always ready to work with our numbers and make sure we get great service.

Tom

belikeh20
10-20-2005, 01:10 PM
How about the Wild Palms http://www.wildpalmsbarandgrill.com/ (Formerly Juan O'Reilly's) in Pioneer Square? It's only been open for 2 months & I know the owner. I sell restaurants & nightclubs, as well as, real estate (commercial/residential) & I did their liquor license & set up as well. I talked to the owner & they'd be willing to block off the parking in front for us & there is a pay lot next door. You have the Harley's in front of Larry's (The state won't be renewing their liquor license due to recent events & many previous problems) & the Ducatis a block & a half south at the Wild Palms.

We could set up a special menu if we had a confirmed head count. I can also set up a drink special too, but you better not sue DNW if you dump your bike.

Bones
10-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Pioneer Square is out for me, too many issues out there. Both on the news and in person.

Torben
10-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Yeah I'd agree with avoiding Pioneer Square. Besides, Eddy's doing a great job at researching options with little time left to plan it.
Let's focus, people :)

Two-Push
10-20-2005, 04:12 PM
What about Norm's?

flyingducman
10-20-2005, 05:21 PM
I took some time this week to call around as well as check out firsthand a couple places and this is what I came up with.

-Angelo's (Bellevue) very comfy spot, very straight to the point, I really liked their little bar area(I like drinking) and the staff were warm and friendly, as far as large groups, they require a minimum purchase of $200 for 20+ ppl which isn't that much at all. Price range $11-$25. They too had space/time available.

*all locations gave me a time window of 5-8pm to arrive, so we have some leeway to schedule the exact hour of meeting.

-EdA few other things to consider about Angelos...

1) Right behind Eastside Moto Sports (who've been a great sponsor, and have a great shop). Most members know this location and won't have any trouble finding it. Also, come a little early, and stop by the shop to look at their bikes, and all the other goodies :happy44: !

2) It's right at the intersection of I-405/Hwy 520. Just off an exit from 520 it's super easy to find. Easy in...easy out. Plenty of parking front, and back.

3) Yes, the full-service bar, the large function room and the rest-rooms are all inter-connected WITHOUT having to walk thru the restaurant itself. Smoking is allowed in this bar for those that so desire.

4) One of the best selections of Italian wines in the State. If you don't believe me, just ask Rich Ricci (co-owner w/brother Ron), he'll educate you :happy57: , as he takes his wine VERY seriously.

5) This is ITALY right here in the Seattle-area. Not some fancy name, or motif. Down-home Italian, like our Ducati's. The wine, the cooking, the owners!

6) We have members North, South, East and West. This is as close to the middle as it gets.

My three cents (had to throw in an extra cent :D .

P.S. Thanks Eddy...for taking the tiome to so thoroughly research the options :happy36:

tonupyank
10-20-2005, 08:58 PM
As long as the models are there to autograph the calenders I don't care where it's at, Eastside or Seattle, the drive is still the same.

gw6
10-21-2005, 02:36 PM
I vote Veloce or Angelos on Saturday.

Just don't forget tFriday & Saturday night will be big nights for Halloween parties.

UKDuc
10-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Norm's is a pretty good idea from the 'Lounge' perspective IMO...

Eddy
10-21-2005, 06:28 PM
Hey all, just wanted to let you know that i'm waiting on one last response from Mike over @ Norm's. He is going to be working w/ management to hopefully get DNW a grood deal so i'm holding out til I get a chance to meet with him. Lastly, the date for the event has been pushed back a week(11/5/05) as there may be a slight delay in receiving the calendars. Apologies for any scheduling conflicts this may have caused.

J.Valencia
10-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Does anyone know Patrick the owner of Girardi's Italian Restaurant in Edmonds. He is also a Ducatista and may be willing to open up his lovely restaurant for this type of occasion?

Just brainstorming..... :sign20:

tonupyank
10-25-2005, 06:31 PM
please don't push it back anything further than the veterans day weekend, i'll be in brooklyn. yes, yes, you need to rework the whole thing around me :rolleyes:

anxoius for the new calender as the boys at work really like this one. signed by a few of the models at the show last year...... :D