PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Motorcycle Accident Monday Morning

CINDESMO
10-17-2005, 05:12 PM
This happened this morning about a 1/4 mile from my house and involved an acquaintance.

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_101705WABfatal_motorcycleaccidentJM.10248c45d.h tml

ducmons
10-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Our hearts & prayers are with family & friends. Sorry to hear the news. :(

lll0228
10-17-2005, 09:08 PM
And that little teenage girl dared to just drive away and leaving the woman to death?!

That's so sad. *sigh*

flyingducman
10-17-2005, 09:27 PM
And that little teenage girl dared to just drive away and leaving the woman to death?!

That's so sad. *sigh*
What do you do :confused: !

Condolences to all of those affected.

The streets can be so mean sometimes :( .

pkclark1
10-18-2005, 08:44 AM
God speed. Stay safe fellow riders.

Sharkey
10-18-2005, 09:14 AM
Thoughts and prayers to all involved, not an easy time.

Ride safe peoples.

CINDESMO
10-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Having driven through the scene of the accident twice now, I don't see how the accident could have been avoided by the motorcyclist. It appears that she was very close to the truck when it pulled in front of her essentially blocking the road. :(

Jim is Cool
10-19-2005, 03:34 PM
This is exactly why my bike is for sale. Track only for me please.

flyingducman
10-19-2005, 03:46 PM
This is exactly why my bike is for sale. Track only for me please.Both have their respective risks...and no guarantee of coming home at the end-of-the-day.

I saw quite a few crashes both at the track-days I attended, and the races that I corner-worked. Fortunately, nobody was killed at Pacific Raceways this year that I'm aware of. But to think it's not possible would be ignorance.

CINDESMO
10-19-2005, 03:49 PM
It would help if bad drivers weren't out on the roads. 5 infractions in the last year! She shouldn't be allowed to drive.

flyingducman
10-19-2005, 03:52 PM
It would help if bad drivers weren't out on the roads. 5 infractions in the last year! She shouldn't be allowed to drive.
True...I wonder how many were while she was under 18?

I thought there were new rules for 16 to 18 regarding infractions...and the loss of a license came much quicker?

LittleMeanWolf
10-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Unfortunately taking someone's license does not stop them from driving.

Only easy solution is to whack them upside the head with a stick. Or Bite them. Folks don't Figure It Out. They don't Care. And why should they, when they can get away with Murder for only a pittance?

Jim is Cool
10-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Both have their respective risks...and no guarantee of coming home at the end-of-the-day.

I saw quite a few crashes both at the track-days I attended, and the races that I corner-worked. Fortunately, nobody was killed at Pacific Raceways this year that I'm aware of. But to think it's not possible would be ignorance.

Crashes are a given, how many people have died at PR or Portland or Spokane in the last 10 years? none.

I can deal with injuries, lord know's I've had one good crash that could've been worse. I have more control of what happens at the track, idiots turning in front of you leaves little in regards to options.

CINDESMO
10-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Crashes are a given, how many people have died at PR or Portland or Spokane in the last 10 years? none.

I can deal with injuries, lord know's I've had one good crash that could've been worse. I have more control of what happens at the track, idiots turning in front of you leaves little in regards to options.

Not to mention better gear when riding on the track and an ambulance right there. I don't know if it would have made a difference in this case but it can't hurt to have medics two minutes away.

Jim is Cool
10-19-2005, 06:16 PM
Also good points.

Two-Push
10-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Or Bite them.

Wolf, you crack me up. Thanks for the chuckle.

Roadstergal
11-06-2005, 03:24 PM
This is exactly why my bike is for sale. Track only for me please.

I've seen folk in regular cars die when they get on the wrong side of a collision, especially with a truck or SUV. It's the risk you take when you get out on the streets in anything, from bikes to cars to your own two feet.

Very sad. :( And I still think that licensing standards in the US are too low. You can drive before you can vote or drink. And the same license lets you drive a little Geo or a 2-ton truck.

ducmons
11-06-2005, 10:17 PM
I still think that licensing standards in the US are too low. You can drive before you can vote or drink. And the same license lets you drive a little Geo or a 2-ton truck.

At least the US has standards. In Mexico, the first time I got pulled over by a cop for driving on the highway... I was 8 yrs old...didn't even get a ticket.