PDA

View Full Version : Performance Oriented Shops??

tonupyank
10-20-2005, 04:58 PM
So, I've been reading on the DML about the MBP redheads and wondering if any shops in the NW are 'performance oriented'?? I know that FOggy123 had to ship his bike to Beaudry in ID for his redheads and tuning. I've been talking with Chris Kelley, and I would have to ship my bike to him down in Cali for a reinstall of the heads and a tune.

I haven't talked to Arun at Motocorsa, but I know that DUCSEA and Eastside Motorsports doesn't have a dyno to tune, that Skagit Powersports has a dyno, but I wonder about their willingness/ability to reinstall the heads.

Thoughts. I really dont' want trade in my M900D as she is my first love.

martino
10-20-2005, 06:06 PM
AMI advertised itself as having dyno ... Check them out

http://www.desmonorthwest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16699#post16699

foggy123
10-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Randy was going to work for AMI but has found another calling so not sure if they service Ducs but they do have a dyno. I know that SeaDuc sends bikes out to be dyno tuned but not sure how cost effective that is. A compromise is too have someone install the heads and someone else dyno tune it (power commander it) but is not very convenient. Skagit may work but not sure of there skills but then again no one local is really doing this work anyways. Best bet maybe to do it yourself and and have Skagit dyno tune it.

OR Get over your teenage love and get a real mature love like the S4RS coming out next year. :evilgrin3

tonupyank
10-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Nice one Foggy123, but I'm not in the mood to 'cougar hunt' for my next motorbike....... :happy44: I just want to dress up my current mistress.

Although I'm not sure calling a NEW S4RS would be considered 'mature'.....that would be more like a first edition of the S4....kind of like a Fogarty issue...

;)

tonupyank
10-30-2005, 12:09 AM
bump.....163 views and only three posts, what's up with that???

is everyone just happy with doing the standard mods of exhaust and airbox?? Is Skagit Powersports the only game in the Seattle area with a dyno tune center for PC3?? no one willing to step up and do 'non-warranty' work??

Just trying to get more response.........stirring the pot. what's going on?? Do I really have to ship my bike down to Chris Kelley at ca-cycleworks to get the MBP heads done?? Or to Beaudry in ID?? sure I'll do it, but would rather have a local shop take my wallet........

yo_eddy
10-30-2005, 08:54 AM
Try Seattle Cycle Service in Mountlake Terrace

http://www.soundrider.com/Dealers/SCS/Default.htm

They have the dyno and said they could tune the PCIII on my S4R. Haven't had it done yet, but they did a great job on my SV.

Rob

tonupyank
10-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Thanks Yo Eddy, I'll check the link and make a call. btw 'you eddy' wouldn't be after the Chris Chance Yo Eddy bike frame fame would it?? I always lusted after one of those frames.

lindsay
10-30-2005, 03:11 PM
george dean at seattle cycle service does great work dyno tuning PC3's. he tunes many of the WMRRA race bikes. good prices and very meticulous. i did two PC3 mapping sessions with him and got some pretty incredible results on my race bike.

lindsay

SeattleStallion
10-30-2005, 05:19 PM
Thanks Yo Eddy, I'll check the link and make

Let us know how that works out. Dyno tuning is something I think a lot of people want to have done, but don't know where to get it.

Then again, I guess Dyno work is Dyno work right? If you have a PC3 on the bike and they have a dyno + the PC software in the shop, it doesn't really matter what brand of bike you are tuning does it?

lindsay
10-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Then again, I guess Dyno work is Dyno work right? If you have a PC3 on the bike and they have a dyno + the PC software in the shop, it doesn't really matter what brand of bike you are tuning does it?

that's correct. george dean, for example, doesn't really work on ducatis but that's no barrier to tuning a PC3 on one on a dyno. the key thing is finding someone who knows how to read the dyno graphs and compensate appropriately, and with the patience to see it through. he spent upwards of 3 hours with me on my first session to get it dialed in.

this dyno graph is from my first session, concentrating on improving a nasty midrange lean spot. check out how smooth it is afterwards. the next run (don't have the jpg for it) concentrated on top end power (120HP on race gas for a 748R!)

yo_eddy
10-30-2005, 08:10 PM
yep. They were awesome frames. I still have it. Beat the crap out of it for about 12 years and still going strong. All the guys that worked for Fat City now work for Independant Fabrication, so you could still get one, only with a slightly different name.

tonupyank
11-01-2005, 02:36 PM
yeah, those indy fab bikes are nice, but the whole package from chance and the crazy logo was part of it too. Shoulda bought one when he reopened.... :(

martino
01-30-2006, 03:20 PM
In addition to the Ducati Seattle/Anatra Corsa race team news DucSeattle announced this AM that they were getting an in-house dyno. Now, if I can only get some reasonably priced pipes for my 05 749S (with silencer that does not look like a loaf of bread :D) ..

So, I've been reading on the DML about the MBP redheads and wondering if any shops in the NW are 'performance oriented'?? I know that FOggy123 had to ship his bike to Beaudry in ID for his redheads and tuning. I've been talking with Chris Kelley, and I would have to ship my bike to him down in Cali for a reinstall of the heads and a tune.

I haven't talked to Arun at Motocorsa, but I know that DUCSEA and Eastside Motorsports doesn't have a dyno to tune, that Skagit Powersports has a dyno, but I wonder about their willingness/ability to reinstall the heads.

Thoughts. I really dont' want trade in my M900D as she is my first love.

Apostate
01-30-2006, 04:06 PM
DucSeattle announced this AM that they were getting an in-house dyno. Kewl!