PDA

View Full Version : Monster Challenge - extra special goodies

Torben
12-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks and huge props to Rick (Foggy123) for stepping up with an awesome idea for this weekend's Monster Challenge at IMS.
Due to Rick's hard work, the club (care of local and regional businesses) will award something to each contestant (12 total) will each receive a hat or shirt from Duc Sea, other entrants will receive:
- one of 2 calendars from Desmo Northwest
- one of 12 Ducati models from MotoCorsa
- a pair of high-res photos from Studio819 Photography
- $25 gift certificate from California Cycleworks
- t-shirt from California Cycleworks
- frame sliders from Speedymoto (huge score:D) - Speedymoto stickers will be in there as well for everyone I'm sure
- SS clutch springs from Motowheels

Thanks Rick for all your canvasing and making this more than a DNA event! :happy64:

foggy123
12-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Don't thank me. Thank the sponsors/donors. :D
Seattle Ducati
Motocorsa
Studio819
California Cycleworks
Motowheels
Speedymoto
And this website.

These businesses stepped up on short notice with little fanfare to donate items to the contestants of the challenge. They should be thanked for their genorosity and passion towards Monsters and Ducatis. I'll I did was ask and they gladly supported this event.

RockStar
12-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Wahooo!! Sweet, Rick!

And thanks to all the local businesses!

This is why I ride Ducati....oh yeah and 'cause it's a kinda cool bike too ;)

Now all I need is it to start raining so I can actually get the bike up there tomorrow.

y.

foggy123
12-02-2005, 08:22 AM
You got it easy. We have to bring 2 bikes down there. You better show to but Tonupyank that beer. ;)
Wahooo!! Sweet, Rick!

And thanks to all the local businesses!

This is why I ride Ducati....oh yeah and 'cause it's a kinda cool bike too ;)

Now all I need is it to start raining so I can actually get the bike up there tomorrow.

y.

bob wells
12-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Good job Foggy and thank you to the sponsors! I am so wanting to be there, especially to have that pint and some good conversation.

Have fun everyone! :D

ducmons
12-02-2005, 09:39 AM
- one of 12 Ducati models from MotoCorsa

can you be a little more specific. :p

RockStar
12-02-2005, 09:56 AM
You got it easy. We have to bring 2 bikes down there. You better show to but Tonupyank that beer. ;)
LOL. well I almost called it off last night loading the bike up at MatrixDon's. We practically slid the bike onto the trailer! ha ha. Thank God for rain and temperate climates:D

:happy36:

y.

gw6
12-02-2005, 10:50 AM
We practically slid the bike onto the trailer!

It would be much more Rockstar like if you rode into the convention center. :D

tonupyank
12-03-2005, 11:01 AM
I'd like to add a +1 to Foggy123 for getting all the goodies and a triple +3 for the donators. I ended up with a t-shirt from DucSea and an 8x10 pic of my bike from Brandon at Studio819. I was lucky since my bike happened to be in front of the monster challenge banner and Brandon took several snaps.

I'd also like to thank Gary Egan. He had a box of Krispie Kremes for us, helped us get through the curmudgeons at the front doors, was joking all the time and was very patient with all of us. I hope everyone that could make it enjoyed the dinner.

There are a lot of nice bikes at the show and it's going to be difficult to pick just one. Glad that's not my job.....

Rockstar, thanks for the pitcher. Foggy123, thanks for carting my bike down with yours. To all the other entrants....good luck and it was good to meet you all.

RockStar
12-03-2005, 10:07 PM
It would be much more Rockstar like if you rode into the convention center. :D
LOL, be there at 5pm.... I'll make a Rockstar exit ;) (what are they gonna do...kick me out?!)

I'd also like to thank Foggy123 and all the sponsors. Gary is a really funny guy and has some pretty amazing stories. I looke forward to hearing of him beating the current Guiness Record of the Texas to Tierra Del Fuego run by 9 DAYS!!!!!

I really enjoyed meeting other DMC participants too. Lots of outstanding work, bikes and comraderie....and good ideas (thanks Steve ;)

Rock On,
yousef
(attempting to steal AJ's 'hooligan' status!)

bob wells
12-04-2005, 10:53 AM
tell me more about the monster challenge. How many entrants, etc.
Rick's bike looked cool in the photo.

Bob

RockStar
12-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Well Bob,

Rick and Brian will have choice words I think but overall it was really cool. Their were 12 bikes overall, two were display only from Eastside Moto...and the winner's bike was...er...a display from ES last year...hrmm. But it was a cool bike and Steve is a really nice guy.

I had some fun even though the S4R was a little humbled in a stable of other thoroughbred's.

I think next year DNA should get those velvet ropes that museums use to keep the tourists from "looking" with their hands...rings...fingernails...and punks yanking on my turn signals (then wanting to throw down over it). Yeah that actually happened.:mad:

However considering how much effort Gary Eagan and DNA put into the Challenge it was done well. The hospitality shown to entrants was really great and we had fun getting ideas for new mods and making new friends.

yousef.

bob wells
12-05-2005, 08:53 AM
Mr Eagan goes out of his way to make you feel like a friend. Talked to him a long time at Laguana on Ducati Island. I kept thinking I should leave but he kept bringing up new topics. Good guy. Pic attached.

Glad to here the challenge was a success[kind of]. When you put your personal bike out for the general public to fondle it makes you nervous.

Aloha
Bob

Jeremy
12-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Does anyone have a pcture of the winning bike? I know what the one I voted for looked like, but that's about all I know about it.

Jeremy

RockStar
12-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Mr Eagan goes out of his way to make you feel like a friend. Talked to him a long time at Laguana on Ducati Island. I kept thinking I should leave but he kept bringing up new topics. Good guy. Pic attached.

Glad to here the challenge was a success[kind of]. When you put your personal bike out for the general public to fondle it makes you nervous.

Aloha
Bob
Gary is a great guy and has a long list of great adventures, fractures, and titanium rods...in his body ;)

No one put their bike out to be fondled. Humans generally "look" with their eyes...not their hands. One woman thought her ring bearing finger was a good massage tool for Lance's bike (2nd place). Not cool and anyone's book I'd say.

foggy123
12-05-2005, 09:27 AM
winner! http://images.snapfish.com/34569%3C%3A723232%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3245%3E396%3E864% 3EWSNRCG%3D3233368%3B595%3B4nu0mrj

Jeremy
12-05-2005, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the pic...that was a cool bike (not the one I voted for though :rolleyes: ).