PDA

View Full Version : Monster Challenge Pics Are Up!!!

Bones
12-05-2005, 09:57 AM
http://studio819.smugmug.com/gallery/1017716

To the 2 guys that won free 8x10's send me via PM your selection and include your address so I can send it to you. The easiest way to do this is just send me the link so I know exactly which one you want.

Thanks for the opportunity to do this guys, I hope I hit what you were looking for. I knew there would be a ton of basic side shots of your bikes so I tried to use different angles showing off your bike, I hope the attempt paid off for you.

foggy123
12-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Bones-
Can you describe what the different finishes mean for the photos (matte vs. lustre vs other option)

I'm going to get the pic of my bike but I'm a photo finish idiot.

Bones
12-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Sure thing:

Glossy, very shiny finish, great color. Realize though, if you are putting it in a frame with glass in front of it then you have 2 levels of shiny and looking at the picture means you may have to adjust lighting near the picture or you will end up with glare or when you look at the picture you may have your reflection to deal with and have to "bob and weave" to see it all

Matte, no gloss at all to it which is great when you are putting glass in front of it, however, it may cause the "color pop!" to diminish.

Lustre, a very nice median between matte and gloss finishes, costs a little more but nearly no reflection like glossy does and nearly no reflection like matte is. Paper also has a bit of a texture to it. I get the best results and customer compliments from this.

There is a 4th option that many people like but is not available through my Smugmug site, I have to order myself. This option is called metal paper. The paper is high gloss and gives the images an awesome color pop. Pictures almost look 3-d (especially blue and red colors) and there is an almost pearlescent (sp?) appearance. Definately not an option you would opt for with "people pictures" unless you want to have a pearlescent quality to your skin, but is awesome looking on the bikes. If you saw the samples I passed around on the track this past season, those were all done on the metal paper. Like the Lustre option on my site it would cost you an extra dollar and you would need to order the print directly through me either through a PM here or through my gmail account.

Hopefully that is not information overload.

foggy123
12-05-2005, 11:07 AM
So which would look best for my Foggy photo?

Bones
12-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Which one?

foggy123
12-05-2005, 11:52 AM
You added more photos. I like them all. I'll email you.

Bones
12-05-2005, 12:40 PM
Yeah, 345 megs takes a bit to upload on a 768k link line. They are ALL up now, no more Monster updates I promise