PDA

View Full Version : PS 1000 first ride

rvinoly
12-11-2005, 11:54 AM
After almost 2 years on the waiting list, the Paul Smart finally arrived !
First ride yesterday was limited to 120 VERY COLD miles, both highway and back roads around Fall City / Carnation. The highlight was along the Nestle training center, when the fairing fogged over completely.... :eek:

Despite the cold roads and tires, the bike handles beautifully. The DS engine is smooth, torquey and sounds great (especially with the Termi slip-ons). The Ohlins is very well set-up right out of the box, and I'm sure will be even more enjoyable when the weather gets more cooperative. Can't wait to see what the bike will be like on a track !.... :evilgrin3

Thanks again to Dave and the crew at Ducati Seattle for getting me on the first PS in Seattle, and to Bud for talking me into those Termis seconds before I would have been out the door.... ;)

ducmons
12-11-2005, 01:54 PM
congrats on the bike. Looks sharp. That DS engine rocks, and those road by Nestle are too much fun. Beware the bumps, to much speed will catch you some nice air.... :scared10: I'm in your neck of the woods, we'll have to ride once the weather gets warmer.

rvinoly
12-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Thanks. I have to say the nicest surprise on this bike is the gearbox--the smoothest I've ever experienced on a bike.
Look forward to some group riding when it warms up a bit....

lll0228
12-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Congrats Rafael! I don't know why, but I had a feeling you would be the first one on the Sport Classics. :) Very nice.

BTW, I caught two "not-so-nice" people where you were riding the other day about two miles after the Nestle plant. Watch out for them!

spolic
12-12-2005, 04:00 PM
I'll bet those termis sound great.. Now you have to ditch those reflectors and get rid of that bulky license plate holder.

Green with envy!

rvinoly
12-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Couldn't agree with you more, the entire rear light/license plate assembly looks like it was designed for the GT....
It would be great to have someone come up with a setup that cleans it all up below the tail section. Give it a more true "racer" look.

There's a couple more PS owners out there. Not sure if they're on this forum.

cyber3d
12-13-2005, 02:14 AM
Does your PS come with a slipper clutch or normal clutch? How is the lever action easier or the same as most all Ducs?

Quite envious indeed.

ducmons
12-13-2005, 08:39 AM
Couldn't agree with you more, the entire rear light/license plate assembly looks like it was designed for the GT....
It would be great to have someone come up with a setup that cleans it all up below the tail section. Give it a more true "racer" look.

There's a couple more PS owners out there. Not sure if they're on this forum.

I'm not a PS owner, but if you want a setup that "cleans it all up" come over, i'm dying to use my plasma torch. :D You could make your own bracket with some light steel, some fiberglass, then bondo and paint to match.

Norumph
12-13-2005, 06:36 PM
BIG THANKS to Dave, Cindy and crew for getting me on my new PS. This is my second bike from Seattle and it keeps getting better. I rode both Saturday and Sunday. I managed to find some black ice on paradise lake road to curb my enthusiasm. The ride is so smooth and the seat position is perfect for my height. I really need the different pipes! Much more feedback to come and only 2 quirks so far: I hate the mirror position and I managed to find this weird false neutral between 5th & 6th. Perhaps a tweak will resolve. The bike looked good at the show but wow it looks awesome in the sunlight. I had 2 cagers take pictures. :rolleyes:

rvinoly
12-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Does your PS come with a slipper clutch or normal clutch? How is the lever action easier or the same as most all Ducs?

Normal dry clutch. The lever action isn't bad at all, though a bit heavier than my supersport. Very nice gearbox, though I also got a single false neutral at a higher gear.