PDA

View Full Version : Seat Cover Fell Off

ryancarag
12-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Hi everyone,

It was a nice Sunday today to ride so I took the bike out to do a little Christmas shopping. When I arrived at the mall, I noticed my rear seat cover was missing and my left rear rubber turn signal arm was bent backwards.

On the way home I backtracked my path and found the seat cover on the side of the road looking like it had been run over a few times. :( I've had the problem before of the screws falling out; I guess this time they fell out and the seat cover went with them.

Anyway I am wondering if anyone has a yellow seat cover for sale (bike yellow is a 2000 Monster 900Sie). Also does anyone have any tips for making sure this thing stays on in the future?

Thanks!
Ryan

Dave R
12-18-2005, 08:40 PM
I have seen this a few times, it is always best to crank them down with a screwdriver or a quarter works well too... I do't think we have any used yellow ones but I believe we do have those DP aluminum covers that are quite a bit cheaper too

foggy123
12-19-2005, 03:30 PM
just saw one on ebay.

spolic
12-20-2005, 03:43 PM
ahh...put some thread lock on.

Jeremy
12-20-2005, 05:21 PM
ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ducati-Monster-900-Rear-Seat-Cover-Cowl_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35606QQitemZ459893 6980QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

You could also try posting on the DML. Someone may have one to sell.

Mat
12-21-2005, 07:14 AM
Also does anyone have any tips for making sure this thing stays on in the future?

Thread Locker...AKA Loctite.....BLUE only! Use RED and that cover is on-for-life.

ryancarag
12-22-2005, 06:57 AM
Hi guys, thanks so much for the advice and for the ebay link, hopefully I can win it!

The only thing about the threadlock solution is that you technically need to clean the bolt and reapply each time you take the cowl off. I guess you could get away reusing it a few times. What would be neat is a locknut sort of setup in the frame - need to look tonight if the nutserts are replaceable.

LittleMeanWolf
12-22-2005, 09:30 AM
Could use nylon locking bolts? Not easy to find, but they're out there. Gotta love the 'net. Fastenall, Tacoma Screw (maybe), or McMaster would likely be able to find some.