PDA

View Full Version : Metzler 'Racetec' Promotion

flyingducman
12-23-2005, 02:51 PM
With all the tire-talk lately I thought I'd share a promo that I stumbled on.

Metzler is offering a free front tire :happy44: , their Racetec 120/70ZR-17 K1 (super-soft) with the purchase of a 180/190 K1 (super-soft) or K2 (soft) compound tire. You do have a $25 shipping charge, but that's it. Here's the actual promo link

Metzler Racetec promo (http://www.getmetzeler.com/)

Racetec tire info (http://www.us.metzelermoto.com/en_85/tires/template_categorie.jhtml?catid=85RCNG)

A quick call to Cycle Gear in Tacoma and I was told they could special order the tire with a 3-5 day delivery time for $199.99 (said list was $240).

You must buy the rear tire through a Parts Unlimited dealer to qualify for the free front tire. Cycle Gear is a Parts Unlimited dealer.

A quick search of Parts Unlimited dealers in the area showed that Eastside Moto Sports is one from which you could order the rear tire. Ducati Seattle didn't come-up on the search (even using their zip code and a 10 mile radius). However, I believe from my dealings with Jon at the parts-counter that they are. I guess a quick call to them would verify this.

So, $200 (plus tax :mad: ) for the rear, $25 for the front, totaling about $240 and you've got a track-day tire set-up that's geared for the track!

Anybody ever run the tires???

Bong
12-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Anybody ever run the tires???

I just used a set this past Thanksgiving weekend at Laguna Seca. Conditions were horrible, heavy rain and wind! The 10R still managed to get around just fine even with the minimal tread on the these racetec tires. Thanks for the heads up, I am definitely going to take advantage of this offer!

Dave R
12-23-2005, 05:23 PM
We are a participating dealer as well, the purchaser needs to register on getmetsler.com web site.. It is a first come first serve basis and what we have found in the past is that the "free" front tires go quick..

flyingducman
12-23-2005, 05:25 PM
We are a participating dealer as well, the purchaser needs to register on getmetsler.com web site.. It is a first come first serve basis and what we have found in the past is that the "free" front tires go quick..
What's your price for the rears???

180???

190???

Dave R
12-23-2005, 06:53 PM
for the Metzeler race compound Z1 & Z2 in a 180 sell normally for $249. We would also offer them at $199 to DNW members but they must be special ordered.. We just checked with Parts Unltd and they have lots of rears in stock.

Bong
01-21-2006, 10:37 AM
Received my free front tire yesterday!!! Am ready for some track action :happy44: