PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Lawyer - Tim Coogan

UKDuc
01-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Just thought I would share my experiences with this ticket lawyer.

First off - the lawyer missed the first court date, meaning I got mail that said my licence was revoked for failing to appear, that I was now a villain and all that jazz - concered call to the lawyer sorted that out (they had made another court date)

Called today to say they saved me $20 off a $131 ticket - they are NOT no win no fee unless you appear in court which is not what I was led to believe before - the 'have to appear in court' part of the no fee bit was NEVER explained to me

So pretty much a waste of money to recruit Tim Coogan law offices in this case, and they seem quite blundering in comparison to Jeannie Mucklestone, so next time I will pay the extra for Jeannie. :mad:

DucatiScott
01-27-2006, 06:09 PM
What was your ticket for?

flyingducman
01-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Not owning a bike :scared10: ...it's not only a sin, but carries a steep fine :happy57: !

UKDuc
01-28-2006, 12:29 AM

40 in a 25 - I fight tickets on principle. If I was a large breasted young blonde, I have a feeling that I would not get as many tickets as I get ;)

I guess is what I mean by fighting on principle :D

lll0228
01-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Report his behavior to the Bar.

Eddy
01-28-2006, 08:49 AM
That's a bummer Andy, me and my friends have called upon his services quite a few times w/ positive results. It's a shame your first experience was a bad one. :(

UKDuc
01-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Eddy - do you always pay when you don't win? I thought he was no win no fee, which is why I went with him this time - small fine and if he didn't win it would only cost me the price of the ticket - that was my rational. He was well recommended so he must have quite a few satisfied clients and I may well be the exception rather than the rule.

After using Jeannie I am used to tickets disappearing every time and nothing ever goes wrong - I guess that justifies her charging the extra cash!

Flyingducman - you are right I don't own a bike right at this moment - just sold the last one! I'll have something for the first race of the season though - I have many irons in the fire right now :D

Gman
01-28-2006, 11:04 AM
Andy -
I have used Mitch Greene's office..well many a time (I have a genetic defect with my right side ..throttle hand and right foot is heavy). Every time he has taken care of things and the one time that I had to move to his partner Barb Bowden..they did the same thing you describe. It was extended 4 times (until they found a Prosecutor they liked), but then no one showed for the last time !?!? I told them it was BS and that I felt I should not pay at all (after them making at least one appearance), she agreed and filed a deferred and promised a "good deal" for future. Full refund and a get a cheap jailing next time.

Later,
G

flyingducman
01-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Flyingducman - you are right I don't own a bike right at this moment - just sold the last one! I'll have something for the first race of the season though - I have many irons in the fire right now :DJust teasing ya UKD...I have a strong suspicion it won't be long before you're showing-off a new machine :D . The Triumph would be an interesting choice.

ngng
01-28-2006, 04:45 PM
2nd that, Tim Coogan is worthless. There was one situation where the person Tim sent hadn't reviewed his case until they were in the court room, and it was then he told him, though luck. :mad:

limey
01-28-2006, 07:04 PM
40 in a 25 - I fight tickets on principle. If I was a large breasted young blonde, I have a feeling that I would not get as many tickets as I get ;)

I guess is what I mean by fighting on principle :D
I cant quite get how being a large breasted young blonde guy would help? :confused:

LittleMeanWolf
01-28-2006, 10:40 PM
I cant quite get how being a large breasted young blonde guy would help? :confused:

Depends on the cop. :D

beyote
01-29-2006, 05:51 AM
I have used Mr Coogan and was totally satisfied on all three accounts. Sorry that it worked out the way it did for you. Maybe he is coming into rough times. I dont' know, hard to say. I have been away from home for a year or so, and will finally be home in a month and a half. I suspect that I might have to use a lawyer soon after my homecoming.

By the way, what is Jeannie's contact info. She sounds like a winner.

UKDuc
01-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Here is Jeannie's website link: http://www.mucklestone.com/

Gman - I think I called Mitch Greene's office or rather emailed - seemed to be a really helpful guy and was not pushy at all - the only reason I didn't go with him was because he was the same price as Jeannie, and I figured why not just stick with Jeannie at that price. Sounds like he worked to keep your business even when they screwed up a bit.

Limey - har har ;) I was actually caught by a woman cop - being a large breasted blonde woman may not have worked for me on that count. Managed to get off of a ticket for not having my registration...