PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam Report...

RockStar
07-04-2004, 08:17 AM
...12 hours in A-Dam and not a Duc to be seen. A lot of beat up zxr's and scooters, and about a million trashed bicycles all locked up with chains heavier than the bike itself! I thought this was the land of the "bike-share".

Damn city sleeps until about 3pm local time then people come out of the woodwork.

Ask for a pint of Heineken and get about a half gallon! :D I guess ours are a special North American measuring standard :confused:

ya'll take care now y'hear?

Y.

charon
07-04-2004, 08:56 AM
I'm envious. My time in Amsterdam was a lot of fun.

Take a picture of one of those street urinals will ya?

Have you noticed that the directions to anywhere in the city can be to walk along the canal and turn at the old church? :)

RockStar
07-16-2004, 09:38 AM
I did notice that...very interesting. I also noticed that if I disregarded this subtle tourist control you can see some older cooler parts of A-dam.

I'm waiting on some pix to be emailed to me.

Y.

Zach
07-16-2004, 06:54 PM
Rockstar, breathe deep my friend, breathe veeeery deep. I enjoyed my time in Amsterdam as well, was there for Queen's Day in 2000, oh god, what a time.

-Zach

Dude_wheres_my_S4
07-19-2004, 06:00 PM
Although Amsterdam may seem light on Ducatis, there's definitely a reason: Amsterdam is also known as 'the city of thieves.' No one in their right mind would park their Duc in public anywhere in the city. My friend had his bike (bicycle) ripped off there in a matter of minutes after he left it.

I do, however, have two words for Amsterdam: Pancake Corner - this is by far the best pancake resaurant in the world. If you're ever in Amsterdam, look it up.

RockStar
07-20-2004, 09:18 AM
Ah. thus the reason for all the WWII era bicycles chained up with industrial sized anchor chains, lol. (i did kinda get that feeling and kept the passport zipped up securely ;)

It is quite a beautiful city though. I've got to go again and spend more time. One of the best parts was taking the wrong train back to the Sciphol and seeing more of the cute urban villages outside the city. Quaint and inviting.