PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Know You ....

mikimoto
07-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Since this forum is fairly new - thought we could find out a little more about one another. So here's my questionaire:

1. How many years have you been riding?

2. What kind/style of riding do you like best?

3. Who do you like to ride with the most, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, solo, groups?

4. Any favorite places to ride to?

I'll start -

1. I've been on the street for 2 years, on dirt for 14 years.

2. I love the twisties and long sweeping curves thru the mountains.

3. I love to ride solo and I really like riding with Squidley (cause she's so fun, yet laidback).

4. Hands down, my favorite place to ride is the Snoqualmie Valley.

Miki

Bill Anderson
07-05-2004, 08:00 PM
Many of you know me fom other lists, but here it goes:
1. How many years have you been riding? Six ( A late starter at age 48).

2. What kind/style of riding do you like best? I like sport touring through mountain twisties.

3. Who do you like to ride with the most, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, solo, groups? I like a mix of solo riding and riding with friends.

4. Any favorite places to ride to? My favorite riding spots are the Palouse and Eastern/Central Oregon. Both offer great roads with little traffic. I also like to ride the two miles down to Sunset Ave. in Edmonds to watch the sunset. My favorite road is the Burr Trail Road in Utah.
Bill Anderson (02-ST4s) Edmonds, WA.

charon
07-05-2004, 10:26 PM

roughly 8 years.

open roads, no traffic, twisty roads, high speeds.

3. Who do you like to ride with the most, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, solo, groups?

Girlfriend, several friends or solo, medium/large groups, in that order.

least favorite= work. Most favorite is the loop around the peninsula. Most favorite place to ride to is probably to my house and bed after hours and hours of riding.

DJS
07-05-2004, 10:27 PM
1.Been riding about 6 years
2. Spirited and SAFE, track riding (see all of you this Friday at AF track day)
3. I ride with anyone with a good head on their shoulders and at my own pace.
4. I like empty and clean mountain roads.

But most of my miles are commuting and city miles.

lll0228
07-05-2004, 10:48 PM
1. 5 years
2. Safe and spirited (like Dave)
3. Anyone. Safe and spirited. No squid.
4. Twisties, other roads with no piggies. May try trackdays soon, I am still chicken.

darkduc
07-05-2004, 10:59 PM
1. ~5 years
2. like charon, I like open roads, no traffic, high speeds, twisties, making the bike work. Hill climbs are fun.
3. I'll ride with anyone or alone. Small groups. Large groups can be fun if everyone is on the same page.
4. I love SR20 over to Winthrop. Neah bay is a winner. I also like island hopping in the San Juans.

Curt999
07-06-2004, 08:05 AM
Hello my name is Curt and I'm an adict.....oh wait wrong meeting. :D

1. My dad owned a Hodaka/Indian dealership and raced motorcross/cross country and indurance growing up so I have been around bikes all my life. First bike was an Indian 30 at age 4. Still have it by the way. First street bike was a Yamaha SR 500 at age 16. Dad still has it in his garage. 34 now so I guess I can say I have been riding for 30 years. There were some gaps in there that I didn't ride however.

2. I like getting out and experiencing new roads and sites with bursts of spirited riding thrown in. Don't like hard core racing on the highways the whole day. No disrespect to those who do, I'll catch up with ya at the next stop. Getting very ineterested in the whole dual sport thing.

3. It's all good.

4. Hands down best riding I've ever expeienced was Southern Idaho. Bear tooth!!!!

Capt. Steubing
07-06-2004, 09:28 AM
Uh, I guess I've been riding about 10 years now, (hard to believe)

I just like to poop around, fast, slow, twisty, straight, whatever!

I hate to ride 2 up, unless they weigh less than 100 lbs, I like small to medium sized groups, 2-5 bikes or so, although I've never been with a group larger than 3 bikes, there aren't too many group riding possibilities where I live (pop. 118), so I take what I can get.

I really like a circuit that takes off of hwy 26 and goes through the Warm Springs Indian reservation (watch out, free range), and crosses back over hwy 26 onto hwy 14 (national forest) (watch out, free range), and down to 197 and home, or back to 26. 100+ miles of no cars, and lots of fast and slow turns, and nice high desert, and also forests and trees, all in one ride. Anyone wanna go?

DJS
07-06-2004, 09:52 AM
Ok...I amend my #4 to Hwy 96 in north California! Perhaps the best 150+ miles of super twisties I have ever ridden. Nice roads, very low traffic and so twisty you don’t need to go break neck speed to have loads of fun.

http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Highway96.htm

Holeshot
07-06-2004, 10:15 AM
OK.. I'll take a shot at this..

Q. How many years have you been riding?
A. About 9 years.

Q. What kind/style of riding do you like best?
A. Spirited street riding, somewhere around 7/10. Also love dirt riding at around 9/10 but I sold my dirt bike to finance last years Seca Trek.. :(

Q. Who do you like to ride with the most, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, solo, groups?
A. I love to ride with girlfiends.. but I find that I get the stinklook from the wife so I don't do *that* very often. Most of the time I ride with a few pals here and there when one of us calls the other and says *let's ride*. Generaly I post this info to the various lists but others seldom join in. When I get the chance to schedule something bigger I'm up for that as well.

Q. Any favorite places to ride to?
A. I don't know how big the database is here so I'll try to limit it to some that come to mind.
* Trinity Alps, CA. Yeah.. too fun and NO State Troopers..
* Windy Ridge Area. Lots of fun! I actually like the FR25 and south even more)
* SR-112/113 (of course)
* Secret roads around Port Angelas (they are like a personal roller-coaster)
* South Kitsap County
* SR-2 (sweeping roads along the river.. very picturesque)
* SR-20

Ah.. so many roads.. so little milage between services.....

DRS
07-06-2004, 10:40 AM
20 years dirt, off and on.
10 years street, (none from '97-'01)

fast and aggressive with twisties and sweepers in my tailwind.

mostly with 3-4 friends, sometimes solo.

sr20
3pass blast
neah bay
st helens
anywhere in idaho

Jim is Cool
07-06-2004, 11:37 AM
28 years, started very young on an Aeromachi scrambler.

Anything that's fun. Dirt (single or double track) Street, Track. Friends have a huge influence on this.

Touring: alone, very alone. Everything else, with people I like.

4. Any favorite places to ride ?
Laguna Seca
Happy Camp
Wales
Wicklow Mountains

Torben
07-06-2004, 11:42 AM
This is my second year riding

I don't like playing in traffic. Nice curvy country roads are good, and nothing beats the track.

I like to ride with groups of all sizes. Riding alone isn't too much fun to me so I tend to like to ride with groups of people who are far more experienced than me so I can learn :)

4. Any favorite places to ride ?
Infinion raceway was fun :D
I have a good route I ride in south king county
If it's open, curvy and paved I'll ride it

Squidley
07-06-2004, 01:26 PM
1.Years? About 15, all road. I came to Ducati because my skill level had surpassed the abilities of my other motorcycles, it's going to be a long time before I truly master that S4 (it's such a muscle pig), I can't wait!

2. Style? I'm a true Sport Tourer, I love to go out and just ride (twisties) for days and days on end. If I can, I go out for a week or more at a time although usually I'm caged by the job, so I get out when I can and am always lookin' fer reasons to ride. Often I'm mellow but if I'm in the mood I push my limits, and then you can call me Little Miss Aggressive.

3. Riding Buddies? I mostly ride alone (I'm in between boyfriends), I do prefer riding with others - but it's hard to find people with similar schedules.

Riding with the girls is guaranteed great, non testosterone driven camaraderie. Speaking of girls, any of you out there? Drop me or Mikimoto a line!

I find people treat me different (touring) according to how many I'm with: if I'm alone, everybody talks to me, with one other person there's some conversation but a little more distance. More than 3 and your treated like a gang, people are almost a little scared.

4. Favorite Places? We here in the west are so got-dam lucky, it is so beautiful! Backside of Mt St Helen, N.Eastern Oregon (I nod to the Capt.), pretty much all 'o N. CA, 395 in Eastern WA and OR (above Burns that is), lately I have been exploring B.C, it's so big!

mike
07-06-2004, 02:48 PM
About 4 and a half years

At my own pace. I love track time on my 748. I love urban off-roading on my dual sport (curbs, construction sites, various other places), and riding my Monster any where, any time.

Alone, with wife as pillion, with friends, with others - in that order.

No, they all get less exciting if you ride 'em enough. For me there's more pleasure in discovering new rides.

monstergirlee
07-06-2004, 04:05 PM
This fall will be 17 years on the street, never been in the dirt tho I am dying to check it out

I love doing track days because of the challenges I face- its just me and the track – very Zen.

Solo sometimes, with husband sometimes, groups sometimes, but most of the riding I do is solo (tho there have been precious few rides of late)

My friend Dave is awesome to ride with, we can stay within 20 miles of Tacoma and he makes wherever we go a blast! I love going NE of the seattle area, and the Olympic peninsula, and 410-23-12-410 back home is one of my faves!

Ciao!
Charlotte

phildo
07-06-2004, 04:44 PM
Just started, as an avid cyclist I told myself I would wait till I hit 40 to buy a motorcycle...didn't make it but I was close.
Oh...and for what it's worth, related to another thread, I say if it has two wheels give it a wave...don't be afraid to spread a little love.

I like the kind where the rubber side stays down...but where there was at least a small chance of that not being the case.

3. Who do you like to ride with the most?
Cool people...but I have to be honest, as a single guy I would preffer those cool people in the leather clad female form.

My favorite local ride is out around Snoho-Sultun-Granite Falls...high bridge is a blast, mountain loop hwy is orgasmic as well. Doesn't seem to be any shortage of possibilities here in the Northwest;-)

Who wants to come up for a ride in the northend this weekend??

spokalooduc
07-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Years: 18 dirt, 2 street

Style: Its the quintessential duc, so of course its all about curves. You honestly think that 1/4" of foam is conducive to riding across Wa on I-90? Love to push to about 8/10, but thats not all that fast when your new eh?

Ride with: I love to ride in groups, no matter the size, no matter the skill level. Its such a fantastic pasttime to share with others, someone to push you, someone to see things with, someone to harass, someone to learn from. Gyrlz, boys, whatev, just people.

Fave places: All the eastern WA/ID indian reservations (what enforcement?) and hopefully if it will work out the forest roads, interconnections, and paved paths along the cascades. Don't forget the Snake/Grand Rhonde/Columbia river gorges... big altitude changes and TIGHT corners!

Problems: Noone lives in Spokane! You kids need to get your arses over here!

Capt. Steubing
07-06-2004, 05:29 PM
Hey Spokalooduc, I used to live in Sandpoint Idaho, and used to be in Spokane frequently, I didn't know that people in Spokane called it Spokaloo, We used to call it Spookaloo FWIW. If you are looking for the perfect ride, may I recommend you go to Sandpoint, then go North on 95, take a right on Hwy 2 north of Bonners Ferry, and between Libby and Troy, take a right down the Bull River Hwy. to Hwy 200, then right, and it takes you back to Sandpoint, That trip in my opinion would be the greatest ride ever, long sweeping turns in beautiful country, and not a Montana policeman in sight. Along the way, lots of taverns with lots of "personality", and absolutely no traffic, just watch for deer, and don't try it at night. Some day I will visit my sister-in-law on my motorcycle, just so I can take that very ride, she lives in Heron, MT which is right on that loop.

mikimoto
07-06-2004, 07:30 PM
My favorite local ride is out around Snoho-Sultun-Granite Falls...high bridge is a blast, mountain loop hwy is orgasmic as well. Doesn't seem to be any shortage of possibilities here in the Northwest;-)

Just be careful when you're out in Sultan - the cops are TERRIBLE (normally I would insert the double flip off icon here)

Miki

Aural
07-06-2004, 11:42 PM
Hello guys, its a pleasure to be in the midst of such distinguished Ducatisti :)

I've been riding on the street for a little over two years, with approxmimately 7,000 miles on my Monster. I've neither riden on the dirt nor track, but would not mind doing so in the future. I love the twisties (canyon carving) but also enjoy leasurely rides through the islands. I ride to work on ocassion, mostly on my Vespa because it is more convenient than the Duc. In fact, I ride my bicycle to work on a daily basis these days.

Most of my riding has been solo, but I have been riding recently with a friend of mine who owns a Hayabusa. We've explored Leavenworth and Whidbey Island in the past month. You may read more about our adventures at:

http://www.auraldesmo.blogspot.com

Apostate
07-08-2004, 06:28 AM
Since this forum is fairly new - thought we could find out a little more about one another. So here's my questionaire:

1. This is my 5th season riding.

2. Twisties (of course) and fast sweepers. Never ridden dirt, but I hear it's good for the ol' street skills. First track day will be tomorrow. Very excited about that!

3. Mostly I just commute to and from work, but I more enjoy riding with a group of friends. Weekend camping rides are always a blast! It's fun to ride with the S.O. on the back, too, and that tends to keep my speeds closer to legal.

4. SR20, West Snoqualmie Vally Rd, St. Helens, couple o' twisty roads we found over in Eastern WA on the reservations, Columbia River gorge, several roads in southern BC, blah, blah, blah... :D

triple9kyle
07-09-2004, 07:24 AM
1. 3+ on the street, dirt bikes all growing up
2. everything! i commute to work on my 999, hit the twisties with the boys and even just putt around sometimes to go get a coffee down on the waterfront
3. i normally ride with any of my 4 good friends (3 are WMRRA racers). keeping up can often be quite challenging! or simply not possible in some cases ha ha ha.
4. aimes lake, paradise, high bridge, snohomish, duval. favorite on ramp is the enterance to 525 north (mukilteo) from 99 north.
Cheers, Kyle.

spokalooduc
07-09-2004, 09:40 AM
I think if you are willing to tell me thats one of the best rides ever over to Libby, then you should just come up, meet in spokane, and lets go ride it! I might know a few places between here and there that make the road a bit more.... enticing?

jetgal
07-12-2004, 12:44 PM
I just completed five years of riding.

Love all kinds of fast sportbikes.

Favorite riding partner is my husband.

Love to ride all the canyons in Colorado.

Charlie (think, Charlene)
R-6
GSX-R1K
BMW F650GSL

mike
07-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Cool! I was in the Denver area twice in the last two years and it seems like there's some fantastic riding around that region. I was in Boulder, Evergreen, Denver, etc. Nice and hilly like here in the Seattle area... Haven't made it to Pike's Peak yet though.

Zach
07-12-2004, 04:28 PM
About 6 years...

Sport touring mostly...

I'm really not into the group thing...anything over a few other bikes is a large group to me. Riding with one or two good riders I know is what I prefer. I have done 99% of my multiday/night moto-tours solo, puts me on my own schedule & whatever roads I feel like riding. If I feel like riding 7 hours one day & 16+ the next, I'll do it. I don't like to spend a whole lot of time gawking at stuff, I'd rather be riding back roads towards some destination, preferably to motorcycle camp, then crack some cold ones & reflect on the day's ride. I tend to try & rack up as many miles as possible with the time I have out there.

Most places out of state...Northern Cal, central & eastern Oregon, Idaho, western Montana, BC, western Alberta. I don't really like riding the peninsula anymore. The local stuff (Snoq Valley, Rainier, St. Helens, Hwy 2, etc) is getting kinda redundant to me. I'd like to do some more exploring in BC & Alberta. Canadians seem to drive a little more attentive & I notice more sport/sport touring riders loaded up with camping gear, not the typical cruiser crowds we have here. Northern Cal (via central Oregon) deserves another few trips as well :)

Cheers,
Zach
'99 900SS yellow h/f