PDA

View Full Version : 2003 749 turn signal issues...

milo749
03-14-2006, 06:39 AM
I just purchased a used 2003 749 over the weekend. It's in great condition with the exception of the turn signals. the front signals and right rear signals do not work at all. The left rear works fine. The signal indicator on the intrument panel shows when i try the left side but does not work when i try the right side.

I have not checked the fusses yet since i just got it off the trailer but i thought i'd post anyway looking for some good advice.

thx- korda750

Torben
03-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Did you check the connections at the signal itself? It's up behind that rectangular-ish piece of rubber. Also check the bulbs. The fuses wouldn't be the issue since it's only one side.

milo749
03-14-2006, 11:36 AM
Torben,

nope, have not checked the connections yet. That was on my list to try. The rectangular-ish piece of rubber...is that on the front signals your talking about?

Yea, the front blinkers don't work along with the right rear blinker. The only one that does work is the left rear.

FYI - It was sitting in the back of a truck while driving through a rain storm. Unfortunately I didn't have a cover for it. Do u think the water may have affected it? If i have to i'll pull off the instrument panel and use a damn blowdryer to dry everything.

I did check the rear right bulb, but it still looked good.

I'm going to tear into it tonight. I'll let ya know what i find out.

thx again torben

milo749
03-15-2006, 06:48 AM
Torben, I removed the mirrors last night to get at the connections and yes, the conections were loose. All signals are working now.

thx Torben