PDA

View Full Version : Private photographer option for track days

Bones
04-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Hey folks, just wanted to let you in on yet another option I am offering this year. I am shooting for nearly all the track da groups this year, but for the few that already have a different photographer and do not use me exclusively here is a way to guarantee great photos from your track day.

1. Payment can be made in the form of cash or check at the track or prior to via Paypal, they just like to take bites out of my money. Payment must be received prior to you entering the track.

2. I will ONLY shoot the people on the list that MUST be emailed to me prior to the event, the night before preferred. This is so I can show up on the track before the bikes go out and show who it is that I will be shooting for. I will ONLY be shooting those people, if you see me aiming a camera at another person it is only to check my settings, the photo WILL BE DELETED.

3. You heard it right. 6 people is all it takes for me to show up at PR for any track day that I will not normally be shooting at. Advantages? A ton of more photos, faster to get your pictures (since I am only sorting those 6 or more riders), and if you wanted I would even recommend making a list of turns and shots you wanted. Example, you want to see what you may be doing wrong coming into T3, tell me and I will set the camera to high speed and you will end up with a series of 40 shots.

Expect to see me at:
Adrenaline Freaks
NESBA
Mike Sullivan Race School
WMRRA
OMRRA
WMRC
PSSR
Cascade Tracktime

If a track day that you plan on attending is not in the list above consider getting 6 or more people together (don't even have to be your best buddies) and hire me on to shoot for you.

ngng
04-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Will you take some naughty photos for me if I get 6 people together ;)

Bones
04-04-2006, 01:03 PM
If by naughty you mean lowsiding a beautiful Duc then perhaps...though I would do that anyway if you could fit 6 people on it

:D

ngng
04-04-2006, 05:29 PM
If by naughty you mean lowsiding a beautiful Duc then perhaps...though I would do that anyway if you could fit 6 people on it

:D

http://uploader.ngsthings.com/files/1/ohnoes.gif

martino
04-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Bones.
It sure is a way of doing things. Can you give us an idea about the current pricing and the initial deposit plus let us know what happens ($) in case there are only x pictures of a rider who prepaid (there can be few reasons but the two main ones are: the rider missed the sessions/crashed/got sick/had other emergency/overslept/.... or you only happen to take that many pictures)?
It is kind of a bummer that without prepaying we cannot scan through your picts and find either the favorite one of ourselves or some insane shots of other riders who have not prepaid but I do understand that working on 300 picts is not the same as through 3,000 so be it.
Thanks and thanks for the service offer.

Hey folks, just wanted to let you in on yet another option I am offering this year. I am shooting for nearly all the track da groups this year, but for the few that already have a different photographer and do not use me exclusively here is a way to guarantee great photos from your track day.

1. Payment can be made in the form of cash or check at the track or prior to via Paypal, they just like to take bites out of my money. Payment must be received prior to you entering the track.

2. I will ONLY shoot the people on the list that MUST be emailed to me prior to the event, the night before preferred. This is so I can show up on the track before the bikes go out and show who it is that I will be shooting for. I will ONLY be shooting those people, if you see me aiming a camera at another person it is only to check my settings, the photo WILL BE DELETED.

3. You heard it right. 6 people is all it takes for me to show up at PR for any track day that I will not normally be shooting at. Advantages? A ton of more photos, faster to get your pictures (since I am only sorting those 6 or more riders), and if you wanted I would even recommend making a list of turns and shots you wanted. Example, you want to see what you may be doing wrong coming into T3, tell me and I will set the camera to high speed and you will end up with a series of 40 shots.

Expect to see me at:
Adrenaline Freaks
NESBA
WMRRA
OMRRA
WMRC
PSSR
Cascade Tracktime

If a track day that you plan on attending is not in the list above consider getting 6 or more people together (don't even have to be your best buddies) and hire me on to shoot for you.

jkester92
04-05-2006, 06:33 PM

Expect to see me at:
Adrenaline Freaks
NESBA
WMRRA
OMRRA
WMRC
PSSR
Cascade Tracktime

If a track day that you plan on attending is not in the list above consider getting 6 or more people together (don't even have to be your best buddies) and hire me on to shoot for you. Bones: First, I think its great your back ,got some great shots last year. Like we talked about you can count me in for the 23rd I will look you up at the track and pay you in person. Keep paypal from taking a chunk out of whats yours, I never saw them snapping photos next to you in the rain anyway. Jim

Bones
04-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Good news/Bad news

OK, first the bad news to get it out of the way. 2-Fast, I think, is wise to what it is that I am trying to do. *shrug* They are not really to hot about the idea of a private photog showing up to shoot a limited amount of people only while not shooting anyone else.

HOWEVER

The good news. Our fabulous woman of the race season, Amber, is planning on a group of 3 plus herself to attend the upcoming 2-Fast event April 19th. Being as she is Studio819 sponsored (and livery'ed) I have been given a semi-green light to shoot at that event for "the team".

Martino, there is no scam or something set up here. The price for a CD for said private shoot for dates that I would not normally be shooting for, aka 2-Fast, would be the same $55 that I would charge for a date that I would normally be shooting. Since I am just launching 819 as a full time thing now the name of the game is get my name in front of as many people as possible, which I have done, and provide the best possible shots available. In answer to your questions directly however:

Current pricing- $55 for the day per rider, though I have toyed with the idea of doing a DVD of all the riders that hired me and you all get yourself and your friends on one DVD...same pricing though I would do for that. I mean, it is all friends and such.

Sick- No problem...poop happens, I'll refund you. Though all the riders could have a check at the track and just hand it to me prior to your first lap so prepay could mean that.

Crash- Ah the thing that lurks in all our minds. How about this, crash before noon, get 50% back. $25 is still less then 2 8x10's

Rider missed session- Quit talking to the underaged girl that likes the pretty shiny bikes

SO, if anyone is thinking of going to 2-Fast on April 19th, they have done a really good deal this month for a tax-day special and drop their price dramatically. Good deal on a track day, good deal on a private photog.

martino
04-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Good info. Thanks Bones