PDA

View Full Version : It was fun while it lasted...

CPalacay
07-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Well ladies and gents, I'm sad to say that I am no longer a Ducati owner. Apparently, someone decided that loved my bike more than I do and stole it last night. :mad:

If anyone cares, it was a Yellow 998 Bip that was pretty much stock. The right rear set and bar end are scuffed a bit from a fall last winter. Plate number is 724741.

This sucks.

mikimoto
07-11-2004, 04:53 PM
I'm so so so sorry to hear of your loss. Thieving people make me soooo sick. You work hard and save your money to purchase your hearts desire, and those thieving MF's run out and steal it. WTF is wrong with them??????

Miki
:mad:

jetgal
07-11-2004, 05:24 PM
So sorry to hear that! :( Nothing makes one feel more violated. I hope they catch the person responsible very soon.

Charlie

DRS
07-11-2004, 05:44 PM
sorry to hear this.. post up pics if you can, i'll throw them up on a few other forums and tell folks to look out for the bike......... bike thieves need to have their balls chopped off....

kill all bike thieves....... :mad:

lll0228
07-11-2004, 07:44 PM
I thought you took the bike out for a spin this morning when I didn't see it. Ladies and gents, his bike was parked right next to mine last night! I am so sorry C, that really really sucks. I hope your insurance will take care of it. This is the second bike stolen right next to mine, the first one was a CBR. I am chaining the bike down from now on.

jpuck91
07-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Damn Christian, that sucks man! Hope you've got insurance that will cover it. A bonus would be finding the bastards who took it... but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one...

Torben
07-11-2004, 08:04 PM
That sucks man I'm sorry to hear that. I agree with the sentiments regarding nut removal.
I've seen your bike before - I'll keep my eyes open

triple9kyle
07-12-2004, 08:12 AM
Christian, i'm a big believer it what comes around goes around.
let's try and focus on getting your bike bike or getting your insurance company to buy you a new one. any details(location, etc) or pictures of your bike.
did anyone witness the theft? I'll watch Ebay, if i see something, i will post it immedietely.
i'm so sorry to hear this.
Kyle.

Torben
07-12-2004, 08:22 AM
Agreed.
Approximate milage, distinguishing characteristics, VIN, etc would all be helpful, so if you can please post them and we will keep eyes open for it

lll0228
07-12-2004, 08:24 AM
triple9kyle, the theft is at an apartment complex on Lake City Way near the Fred Meyer on 130th.

There should be closed-circuit camera footage of the bike leaving the complex somehow at the garage door, but we are guessing (C is my neighbor) that the bike was "picked up" by a few big guys. There was a disc lock on the bike. It disappeared some time between 3am and noon.

The whole thing just sucks!

CPalacay
07-12-2004, 10:00 AM
It's more of a hassle than anything else. I have to deal with my insurance company now which could take a while and then I don't even know how much I'm going to get for it. Then after that I have to worry about what I'm br riding next... :D It's not like I'm hoping that it won't be found or anything, but this is the 3rd bike I've had stolen now it just blows. My R6 was found stripped of it's fairings and electronics and my R1 was never found. It hasn't really sunk in yet, all day yeastday I was hoping that it was some sort of joke, kinda like that TV show on TLC "Overhaulin" where they make you think that your car was stolen, but they actually have 7 days to pimp it out.

The VIN on the bike is: ZDM1SB5V62B018898
It has a Brembo GP brake master cyclinder, aftermarket turn signals in the front, and the scuffed up bar end and rear brake pedal. The plate is mounted way under the exhaust in front of the rear shock. The right lower fairing has some plastic weld work done on the backside around where the clutch cover would be. The exhaust has been cored out and there is some carbon build-up around the 3 rivets on each can. The face of the exhaust has also been polished. Approximate milage was 7400 miles.

I have some pics if someone can host them for me. They'll have to be re-sized cause they're super big. Thanks everyone, hopefully I'll be back in the saddle soon.

Holeshot
07-12-2004, 01:05 PM
AAARRRRGG!!!! THAT'S.. IT'S... ARRRGG!!

Very sorry to hear that. Bike thiefs.. I think we should be able to treat them like horse thiefs and shoot them.....

Probably best that they do not recover the bike..... just stinks. I'm in Idaho but if I see anything like it on my side of the pond (and there are no too many of them over here) I'll give it a REALLY close looksie!