PDA

View Full Version : SBK Yellow, accident on 405

GregorMac
04-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Northbound, I rolled past the scene at about 5pm. Paramedics and cops were already on-scene. Yellow XX9 SBK down against median rail, might have had 'Ducati Performance' decal on lower fairing; rider was sitting up with gear off. No idea what happened.

Anyone here?

ngng
04-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Northbound, I rolled past the scene at about 5pm. Paramedics and cops were already on-scene. Yellow XX9 SBK down against median rail, might have had 'Ducati Performance' decal on lower fairing; rider was sitting up with gear off. No idea what happened.

Anyone here?

It wasn't me...was this the one on the onramp, because I saw one at 7ish with WSP

58TypeDuc
04-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Not sure what SBK stands for but I know Greg (flyingducman) just got a yellow 999 in the last couple weeks...was is you? :scared10:

Hope not. :(

RockStar
04-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Not sure what SBK stands for but I know Greg (flyingducman) just got a yellow 999 in the last couple weeks...was is you? :scared10:

Hope not. :( SBK = SuperBiKe

Sharkey
04-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Hey if anyone has a number for Greg R (flyingducman) they might reach out, just to check it wasn't him. I think we would want people to do the same if it were us.

S

Jared
04-19-2006, 09:21 AM
Hey if anyone has a number for Greg R (flyingducman) they might reach out, just to check it wasn't him. I think we would want people to do the same if it were us.

S

Was it a new body style or the previous one? Anyone heard from "Ducmons" recently (Yellow 998)? Maybe give him a call too if anyone has his number.

Hope it wasn't you, Dude.

GregorMac
04-19-2006, 09:51 AM
It wasn't on the on-ramp, it was between 520 and the 71st street exit in Kirkland.

The bike was on the ground so, it was hard to tell the style (998 vs. 999). I don't recall ducmon's bike having many stickers on it, but I don't recall; same build and hair color as ducmons, now that I think of it. But, I was cruising by so, don't take that as gospel.

Torben
04-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Probably wasn't JD (Ducmons). I got email from him at 10:30 last evening. Hope whoever it was wasn't too injured

GregorMac
04-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Probably wasn't JD (Ducmons). I got email from him at 10:30 last evening. Hope whoever it was wasn't too injured

The rider was sitting against the K-rail with jacket & helmet off; the cop/paramedic was talking to him so, I got the impression he wasn't too bad off (i.e., no brace, backboard, etc.).

RockStar
04-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Greg has a red 749. I don't think he's got a yellow bike.

Torben
04-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Apparently Greg has stepped it up a notch and got a yellow 999 (see previous post). Hence selling his red bike stuff.
Thanks for sharing the good news Greg - congrats! :rolleyes: :happy44:

ngng
04-19-2006, 01:03 PM
It wasn't on the on-ramp, it was between 520 and the 71st street exit in Kirkland.

The bike was on the ground so, it was hard to tell the style (998 vs. 999). I don't recall ducmon's bike having many stickers on it, but I don't recall; same build and hair color as ducmons, now that I think of it. But, I was cruising by so, don't take that as gospel.

damn, I saw one on hte onramp :(

flyingducman
04-19-2006, 04:26 PM

Hope not. :(Ney ma brey...

it's at ESM getting a little work and I expect to be picking it up on Saturday, just in-time to show-up at the track for NESBA festivities :D on Saturday and/or Sunday.

flyingducman
04-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Apparently Greg has stepped it up a notch and got a yellow 999 (see previous post). Hence selling his red bike stuff.
Thanks for sharing the good news Greg - congrats! :rolleyes: :happy44:Yes, now they call me mellow-yellow (although I'm usually far from mellow).

ESM took a trade-in on a 2004 base 999 with just over 200 miles and 14 months remaining on the factory warranty. Since I had so many aftermarket goodies on my 2003 749 I decided to go with the '04 rather than go the spendier route of an '05 or '06. I've been wanting to do this for sometime.

I was going to post some pics once I got the new Termi installed and all the aftermarket goodies on it. I'll have it this saturday and will post a few pics.

My wonderful wife, Mercedes, even surprised me with a secret delivery of a new pair of limited-edition yellow w/blue accent SIDI Vertigo Corsa's :happy44: ! NOw I've got a new Alpinestar's jacket on-order and am sporting a new Arai lid that better matches the bike.

Hope whoever did go-down is OK and the damage is minimal.