PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Ride

flyingducman
04-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Anybody up for a ride tomorrow that meets at Pacific Raceways from around 11:00 AM to Noon (take in an hours worth of NESBA if there at 11:00) at Yousef's Desmo Isle of :happy57: Love (alright nix the 'of Love' part).

Open to possible routes, but may suggest Auburn's Green Valley Rd toward Enumclaw then backroads through Buckley, South Prarie, Orting and south through Graham and Eatonville (stop at bakery/cafe for food/drink) looping-back via the always-popular Hwy 7 and it's major :happy44: twisties?

Jared
04-23-2006, 04:45 AM
I could meet shortly after noon like 12:15-12:30.

flyingducman
04-23-2006, 07:19 AM
I could meet shortly after noon like 12:15-12:30.
OK, we could leave PR at around 12:30 after handing-out for 1/2 hr during the lunch-break. Got time to chat...and I have a back-pack to sell :happy44: !

Jared
04-23-2006, 09:49 AM
OK, we could leave PR at around 12:30 after handing-out for 1/2 hr during the lunch-break. Got time to chat...and I have a back-pack to sell :happy44: !

Okay, see you out there.

ducmons
04-23-2006, 07:00 PM
it was great seeing all you at the track. The Anatra Crosa riders were stoked to see all the bikes out there. I was also excited to see and meet many of you. Thank you for choosing to drop by, and thank you for making part of your ride.

sport1000
04-23-2006, 10:37 PM
Great ride today and thanks to the Ducman ,Jared and Frenchy for the company. Logged over 100 miles toward that 600 miles break in. Man this Sport 1000 Rocks!

Jared
04-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Great ride today and thanks to the Ducman ,Jared and Frenchy for the company. Logged over 100 miles toward that 600 miles break in. Man this Sport 1000 Rocks!

Yeah, it looks awesome going down the road as well. It was great to meet you guys and see the race bikes. And,Greg, great route for the ride.

Thanks everyone for the awesome afternoon.

flyingducman
04-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Had a great time too, especially the last leg after the bakery in Eatonville where traffic got light and speeds increased accordingly :evilgrin3 . Glad to have some company after posting the ride so late.

Got confused by all the lanes, signs etc. and missed my exit to Puyallup :confused1 . Got myself back-on-track and eventually home after a stop at my wife's job to help with something she didn't finish on Friday.

Can't wait for the next one!

RockStar
04-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Good Morning! I just wanted to extend a very big THANKS to you guys who met YOUR Desmo Isle. You have no idea the buzz around the paddock it created! AnatraCorsa were jazzed to have people meeting there and hanging out around (not in ;) ) the pit, asking questions, and keeping the mood light and jovial. Other participants were visibly envious that Ducati A) had such a large turnout for the track day (both days!!!) and B) that AnatraCorsa and DMD/Eastside had such a loyal following. As soon as you guys took off on your ride people around started coming by the Desmo Isle asking what we were about, we made at least two possible converts who were rather impressed by our commraderie at the Desmo Isle. Some of you may have met Arash(sp?) who was tracking his CF/yellow 996/8. He normally pits by himself, so JD and I told him that was not necessary and told him that he was welcome to pit in the Desmo Isle. Welcome Arash!! Thanks again guys. YOUR presence even just briefly did so much support to make this work. And really it's not 'mine' I just sit around trying to look cool...the Desmo Isle is your club home at the track. Your participation will make it great as witnessed this weekend. Congratulations!

flyingducman
04-24-2006, 08:46 AM
I just sit around trying to look cool...Mission accomplished :cool: ! Although it didn't appear that you were sitting much :happy57: .

Two-Push
04-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Man this Sport 1000 Rocks!

Mine too. Despite the retro looks, these are real bikes. I'm at nearly 600 miles too. I need louder pipes and something to make my clutch sing. Might even need a smaller sprocket so I can actually use the top three gears on the freeway. Absolutely the most fun Ducati I've ever owned. Maybe even the best motorcycle I've owned. I guess anything might be better than a '69 Sportster with kick-start or a Honda Super 90.

If there's any downside to the new Sport Classics, it's trying to get away from a fuel stop or a Starbucks without having to answer all the questions from the people standing around looking at the bike. I had one onlooker tell me he had a bike exactly like mine when he was in high school.

Sure helps boost my self-esteem anyway.

flyingducman
04-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Logged over 100 miles toward that 600 miles break in.And outstanding break-in miles I might add. The route certainly forced you to got through the recommended varied RPM-range from top-to-bottom. Lots of twisties, a little up and a little down running that stretch of Hwy 7.