PDA

View Full Version : blinkers from Kellermann anyone?

martino
05-10-2006, 09:32 PM
They seem to look totally kick as..
I am thinking about getting these for my Monster. Does anyone have any comments on these units (Micro 1000 and Micro 1000 LED in particular)?
http://www.kellermann-online.com (http://www.kellermann-online.com/).
Thx

foggy123
05-10-2006, 09:41 PM
using micros on the front of my monster. Good stuff. Small but bright. They stick out just beyond the fairing.

martino
05-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Thx much.

using micros on the front of my monster. Good stuff. Small but bright. They stick out just beyond the fairing.

RockStar
05-10-2006, 10:50 PM
I have the micro 1000's on the S4R and the front of the 748 (soon rear too). surprisingly bright and no larger than your index finger. Awesome.

748 Flo
05-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Rockstar could you post a picture of those one the front of your 748?

RockStar
05-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Rockstar could you post a picture of those one the front of your 748?

...looking. I may have to run home at lunch to retrieve them. I'm guessing you're curious how they attached so here's a teaser: I haven't filled and molded new plastic over the second stock bolt hole the Kellerman leave. I just kept the bolt there for now. To do this you have to remove the side and nose fairing, remove the air runners (careful with the bolts they start to strip easily).

there is a lot of play with the wiring so you can pull out what you need through the slot to work with. Kellerman is a German company and the wire gauge is much thinner than what Ducati uses but just as good. Make sure you tell the supplier you want a 5W bulb (refer to Haynes Manual). I went through www.whaccessories.com (<$20 off MotoWheels!!!) Striping the Deutsch wire is very delicate work but there is plenty extra. Twist, crimp secure wire. Securing the light on the right side is a pain in the patooty. There is an extra flair on the runner molding that you'll have to Dremel. Other than that it's a snap.

martino
05-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Yousef, foggy123
do you have the LED or the non LED version? The non LED unit is not certifid for front in EU but I am not sure if it (practicaly) matters here is US (I doubt that it does).

foggy123
05-11-2006, 01:45 PM
halogen for me. LED will require a resistor in line.

RockStar
05-11-2006, 05:21 PM
halogen for me. LED will require a resistor in line.

moi aussi, halogen por moi. on't think the LED would matter in the U.S. but I'm rusty on my R.C.W.'s at the moment.

relays/resistors you could get at UHaul or (*shuddering) Wal-Mart for $5....of course at the latter your soul would have the brand of the Satan on it before you even thought of Confessional.

yarjammer
05-11-2006, 05:49 PM
relays/resistors you could get at UHaul or (*shuddering) Wal-Mart for $5....of course at the latter your soul would have the brand of the Satan on it before you even thought of Confessional.

:confused6

Isn't that a sign of the apocalypse- Wal-Mart parts on a Ducati?!? Say hello to the Teutul's while you're in hell.
:evilgrin3
only kidding....well, not about the Tuetuls.

748 Flo
05-11-2006, 10:15 PM
...looking. I may have to run home at lunch to retrieve them. I'm guessing you're curious how they attached

That was my first thought ;) Then I thought, I wonder how they look on the bike.

RockStar
05-12-2006, 08:24 AM
since I'm just raising my stubbed toe and working virtually...er not. ;)

pix of the Kellerman's on a 748 as promised.

748 Flo
05-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Thanks! those look good on there.