PDA

View Full Version : A sad story... :-(

Mr.Robotto
05-20-2006, 08:12 PM
I had a friend come over today. He's looking for a bike, though not a Ducati. I wanted to show him what a Ducati looks like.

So I hopped on my MTS 620, and started it. The first thing that caught my attention is that I couldn't find Neutral. Whenever I did let off the clutch, the transmission engaged, so that told me that it was in fact in _a_ gear.

The shifter felt strange, then when I looked down I noticed the following...

Please make sure that your children are out of the room before viewing... :mad:

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/8706/dscn00129nv.jpg

Luckily, I have Gabe's mobile phone. Out of frustration and better judgement I called him in sheer panic to see if this is a "known" problem with Ducati's. I'm going to work with DS to get that bike back in the shop, before I could even take it out.

ngng
05-20-2006, 09:32 PM
at least you had the chance to show him what ducatis are known for....breaking down

Mr.Robotto
05-20-2006, 11:00 PM
I'll send you guys new photos when DS has a chance to fix it. I know they'll do the right thing. :)

Mr.Robotto
05-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Hi folks,

I wanted to share my happiness at seeing my Ducati back in my garage after a long day at the Seattle Convention center. Dave, Gabe and the crew at Ducati Seattle did a superb job at addressing the problem with the shifter.

When it broke on Saturday, I got anxious about it because I didn't expect to be contacted until Tuesday at the earliest. Since I'm in a conference in downtown Seattle this week, and I'm speaking I was distracted by my poor MTS 620.

Well, the great news is that Dave contacted me by e-mail on Saturday at 10PM. I talked to Gabe again on Sunday and Monday. This morning the crew showed up on time at the convention center to go to my house, get the bike, bring it back to Seattle, repair it, and return it to my house.

I got home tonight at 9:45PM, and I was impressed. The new part is very sturdy. Much more sturdier than the old part, and I was really pleased with the outcome.

I've told this story a few times to various motorcycle owners in the last days. Mostly to get it out of my system, and everyone was surprised at the level of service and committment I got from DS. I have to say I'm impressed.

I'm looking forward to many many miles of adventures ahead. Thanks to DS once again.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9370/dscn00163cn.jpg

And this is her in my garage. :D

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/4946/dscn00156nf.jpg

Makes me really move that garage painting project up in priority.

wsuduc
05-23-2006, 10:31 PM
You just do not hear many stories like that. Most dealers would make you work around their schedule not yours!

I have only been in DS a couple of times (usaully on a vacation up there) and each I have felt very welcomed.

I am glad to hear everything worked out much better than you could expect!

Mr.Robotto
05-23-2006, 10:35 PM
That's exactly what I was afraid of... I do not expect them to work around my schedule like this on every problem, but in this case they stepped up and got the job done. They really went out of their way to relieve my worries. :-)