PDA

View Full Version : warning HighBridge Road is gravel now

triple9kyle
07-19-2004, 12:49 PM
Hey all, please be careful if you frequently ride on HighBridge road. It has been graveled and oiled in some sections. it's quite slippery on the fresh oil, and the gravel isn't exactly fun either!
Kyle.

Two-Push
07-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Do you mean the really cool road off West Snoqualmie Valley road toward Cathcart?

mikimoto
07-19-2004, 08:06 PM
That really sucks, cause I was going to take that road tomorrow.

Miki

Bill Anderson
07-19-2004, 11:31 PM
I rode High Bridge last week, west to east. When I rode it, the graveled portion was about one mile long on the steep portion down hill from the Cathcart store. It is plainly marked ahead of time and if you take it slow, you will be OK. I rode it downhill, coming uphill may be a different story.

I think the more dangerous parts are the 15-20 mph right hand blind corners (in the direction I travel) which cut into the bluffs. Cars have cut into the gravel shoulders and dragged gravel back into the road. The temptation is to take these corners with the typical Ducati "double the speedboard" style, but I would hate to hit that gravel while screaming around a blind corner at maximum lean.
Bill Anderson (02-ST4s) Edmonds, WA.

triple9kyle
07-20-2004, 06:39 AM
Bill, one of my good friends told me now that multiple sections of the road are gravel now. And yes, you are absolutely right about cars throwing gravel up on the road surface. there has been many bikes go down in those tight corners, much easier to take 'em nice & slow.

Miki, sorry to hear you didn't get a chance to ride it yet.
I'll get out there this week and check it out again.

Cheers,

Kyle.