PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Seat for 916-998 Both Mono and Biposto

Patrick
06-27-2006, 08:05 AM
I am changing out the Plastics on my 998 Matrix so I can put the green stuff up for safe keeping. the new (used) tank airbox and chin piece are red and the fairing is CF so I am looking for a CF or Black or Red Seat. Mono most importantly. and also a biposto seat.

I also need Mirrors, CF or black preferred.

Apostate
06-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Not sure if I'm understanding your request correctly, but just wanted to point out that you'll need two separate tails...one for the mono seat and one for the biposto. And a biposto subframe if the bike came originally as a mono. (But I think the Matrixes -- Matrices? Matricii? -- were biposto, yes?)

Patrick
06-27-2006, 07:25 PM
my bike has a biposto subframe. I currently have two seats, a mono and a biposto and I swap them out depending on if I am giving someone a ride or not.

they are both green.

when I am done the bike will be carbon fiber grey and red.

so I need red or black seats to go with the new bodywork

the reason i am doing this is the green bodywork cannot be purchased from ducati if I drop the bike. so I am replacing it all and putting the green stuff up in storage to keep it pretty.

Red Label Moto
07-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Patrick I just got a biposto tailsection for a 748. It is yellow, so obviously would need to be painted. It is pretty much perfect and has both seats and all the bits and pieces. Tailight as well.

No subframe though.

It also just dawned on me that I have a mono tailsection (bare... no seat or other bits) with a bad paint job but was never cracked or damaged.

Also have a new, never installed Sebimoto C/F street nosepiece for 748/916/996/998. Has light cutouts but one has to drill the mounting and mirror holes.

Patrick
07-03-2006, 02:08 PM
I will stop by and take a look at it. When are you open this week?

Red Label Moto
07-05-2006, 09:42 AM
I will stop by and take a look at it. When are you open this week?

I'm here all week, Patrick. Call my cell when you know when you can stop by.

Thanks~